Page 326 of 884 FirstFirst ... 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 ... LastLast
Results 8,126 to 8,150 of 22085
    Quote Originally Posted by total_immortal View Post
    Those are typically used to reference aerial photos. They are probably collecting aerial photos for engineering plans or trail cutting for the new lift.
    Thanks, I didn't know that. Based on location, the aerial photos are likely for engineering plans to support the planning for the large development of ~500 units between Thunder Wolf and the Lone Moose lifts that will straddle the Madison and Gallatin county line.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Reccos on 2-4 hour hikes near Potosi? Taking a date over that way to soak and we want to do a nice hike. Is Albro worth only going part way? I think the full round trip is alot. I am not used to walking up trails at all. I always just ride a bike. It's faster and more fun

The obvious one is bell lake.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Well back in Bozeman after my trip to Canada. Posted up on the maggot fishing thread but thought I would share here. (I know wrong forum).

Tough year due to some eastern thunderstorms. We got pounded each day and the fish were really sluggish. Caught a lot of pike on the fly and a musky on hardware but only follows from musky on the fly. I kept at it and on the last day the fishing gods gave me some last day magic in the last hour of my trip. Right at magic hour I found a musky willing to play. One shot to get it right. It turned on my fly, fed downward, I felt the weight and strip set as hard as I could with my 9wt. From there it was anxiety and insanity. Hoping knots would hold and I wouldn’t mess it up. When I finally got the fish to the net I let out a Ric Flaire “Whoo” as I landed my first musky on the fly. The first two pics are of that fish. Then some others from the trip.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1420.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	274.8 KB 
ID:	289090

Name:	IMG_1421.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	231.9 KB 
ID:	289091

Name:	DSC00959.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	597.3 KB 
ID:	289092

Name:	IMG_1300.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	206.3 KB 
ID:	289093

Name:	DSC00960.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	552.0 KB 
ID:	289094

Name:	DSC00962.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	289095

Name:	DSC00966.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	550.5 KB 
ID:	289096

Name:	DSC00965.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	500.4 KB 
ID:	289097

Name:	DSC00952.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	289098

Looking forward to now getting back to summer trout, dry flies and hikes to some lakes.

Still pretty flexible with my schedule so keep me posted if anyone wants to get out.

Hope the first few weeks of true summer are going well for all you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Sledzski View Post
    Looking forward to now getting back to summer trout, dry flies and hikes to some lakes.

Still pretty flexible with my schedule so keep me posted if anyone wants to get out.
    Impressive lusox taken on a fly rod! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I should have some time next week for a hike and fish adventure. Do you have a permit to fish in the park?

Reports from folks getting out are that the Jellystone is still kind of high and deep green.

A couple of friends just got off the Smith and report plenty of water and good fishing.

I have a raft that i set up for fishing and am looking for some folks who can row and share the $$$ for shuttles and fuel.

I am a bit of a hack but I have fun hacking.

On a different note I clarified the lift construction going on and that lift in SP will indeed be operational this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    On a different note I clarified the lift construction going on and that lift in SP will indeed be operational this winter.
    I need to complete a recon hike/bushwhack of the lower lift line to get ready for this "expansion."

Concrete pour scheduled for Thursday, the Blackhawk will be flying.

Reports from folks getting out are that the Jellystone is still kind of high and deep green.

A couple of friends just got off the Smith and report plenty of water and good fishing.

I have a raft that i set up for fishing and am looking for some folks who can row and share the $$$ for shuttles and fuel.

I am a bit of a hack but I have fun hacking.

If you want to get out with a random lurker, I live in L-town and always happy to row/run shuttle/drink beer/try and catch fish. Can confirm, river is high and a nice shade of green but people have been catching fish.

If you want to get out with a random lurker, I live in L-town and always happy to row/run shuttle/drink beer/try and catch fish. Can confirm, river is high and a nice shade of green but people have been catching fish.
    Had a great day with streamers above yankee jim the other day. A lot more browns up that way than I expected. Tight to bank with a tungsten cone produced strikes 2-4ft off. We had to take care with a LP clacka on one or two of the plunges after some riffles but my buddy handled well.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Impressive lusox taken on a fly rod! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I should have some time next week for a hike and fish adventure. Do you have a permit to fish in the park?
    Now that I am back and we are in the summer months I will be picking it up this week. I am still pretty flexible. Let me know. I have a feeling this little work break is about to end soon.

Harry should have some beta from his excursion last weekend.

I will PM ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledzski View Post
    Harry should have some beta from his excursion last weekend.
    I haven't had a chance to get briefed from Harry about the results from last weekend. With any luck Djongo will fill me in later this morning.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    whats goin on
    hr puppystuffs the tupparewhares hog and i are road trippin to cody for a bakers with the drakers 1st weekend of aug
    thinkin were gonna take the the supertramp long sw mt way home
    probably in that hood mon night/tues the 5th or so
    will float any river for xl sleeveless i fished with harry t shirt in an earthtone colorway
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Had a good visit from Harry over the weekend; hopefully gonna meet up with Talisman and his Brother for breakfast today beneath the Tetons; With any Luck, Skifishbum will swing through en route to the Cody Slayground.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    whats goin on
    hr puppystuffs the tupparewhares hog and i are road trippin to cody for a bakers with the drakers 1st weekend of aug
    thinkin were gonna take the the supertramp long sw mt way home
    probably in that hood mon night/tues the 5th or so
    will float any river for xl sleeveless i fished with harry t shirt in an earthtone colorway
    You are welcome to stay here at my place. I have a t-shirt for you, it has sleeves but I can loan you some scissors.

I have that Sunday off, work Mon & Tues, then have Wed & Thurs off. Would love to spend a day fishing with Dibbs.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

PMs sent.

Damn Harry, you do speak fluent SFB

Anyone can with the proper THC concentration. Try harder?

Damn Harry, you do speak fluent SFB
    I spent last weekend as Djongo's houseguest in Jackson Hole.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Anyone can with the proper THC concentration.
    See above.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I have a t-shirt for you, it has sleeves but I can loan you some scissors.
    "I Fished with Harry" shirts are a thing?

You skied with me, and you got a shirt that says you did.
    You have never fished with me, and you do not have a shirt that says so.

Proof, Bro.

You have never fished with me, and you do not have a shirt that says so.

Proof, Bro.
    So we just have to fish together, not actually catch? My wardrobe needs another Harry shirt....

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Today is your big chance, I leave for Grayling Creek in 15 minutes, be out front of your crib with your thumb out and your Cabelas-branded fly rod in the other hand. Afterwards we stop at LPC for a refill of Afghani Kush.

How's fishing on the Gallatin lately? Gonna be in those parts next week. Can either cast off the yard near rainbow ranch or head down canyon. Drys, nymphs,?

Today is your big chance, I leave for Grayling Creek in 15 minutes.
    Doh! Had business in BZN this morning