Page 119 of 884 FirstFirst ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 22078
    Spent the day with sleep-deprived new daddy AustinFromSA.

Highlights: no one in the Tram line at shortly after 9:00 am, followed by first tracks in boot deep pow on Liberty Bowl. Then lapped Dakota and the Bavarian Forest all morning. Lunch with Mrs. Austin and 4 month old mini-Austin at Hummers. Left Austin and his spawn in the upstairs day lodge while Mrs. Austin & I went to the Tram. Huge line, so we lapped the bowl all afternoon instead. Mrs. Austin absolutely rips. Hard to keep up with her. Returned to the day lodge to find Austin downing Cold Smoke Scotch Ale and dealing with a baby who blew up his pants.

All in all a great day with some great friends.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

^^Ha ha, the days of having to tag team the child care in the day lodge are kinda tough but it doesn't last long. We used to hit Showdown a lot when the kids were real small because of the $16 daycare in the basement of the lodge. Compared to the $80/day at Big Sky. Two kids x $80 that's $160 for one day of skiing, just for child care!! We actually paid it once or twice, though.

Harry, be a bro and offer to babysit.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Harry, be a bro and offer to babysit.
    I actually did offer that, although I said out load in front of Mrs. Austin that being a single guy I would be using mini-Austin to pick up chicks. Not sure why they did not take me up on it.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

One to sum up the weekend storm...

"The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Good stuff ^^^^ keep it coming.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Few from the weekend
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0100.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	175995   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0101.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	813.1 KB 
ID:	175996   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0135 (1).jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	930.6 KB 
ID:	175992   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0155.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	175993   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0140.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	584.6 KB 
ID:	175994  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0105.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	892.9 KB 
ID:	175997   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0126.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	175998   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0150.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	1,013.9 KB 
ID:	175999  

Somebody's gotta pork out the fun little mini golf lines in the time of sketch, I'll take the job!

So much fun the last three days, although having it all to yourself can get lonely at times
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Today at Bridger was a strong candidate for day of the year. Bluebird and stupid deep off the ridge!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1454546424.411303.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	774.9 KB 
ID:	176150

Quick one of Jupski during the 5 seconds I stopped moving today.

Buy the ticket...take the ride.

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com...f43bde3a7.html

Shit..............

Solo means very little margin for error.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Wow, so sad to hear that.

Too bad about that guy. The article doesn't give many details and is kind of cryptic. "Equipment malfunction" and "cascading events" led to his death? I guess we'll learn more soon. Condolences to his friends and family.

MildWille that's a sick pow video.

Hard to get conditions much better than this. That looks like all time primo powder.

Quote Originally Posted by MildWille View Post

Looks like we are in for a warm spell! Hope it isn't as bad as last Feb!!

Any idea why Challenger has been closed for a while?

Any updates on the skier death in Hyalite? Just wondering what really happened.....

Challenger was broke and the passengers roped off. I think that was on Thursday. No idea what failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffney10 View Post
    Any idea why Challenger has been closed for a while ?
    Motor fried. Waiting for parts.

Looks like we are in for a warm spell! Hope it isn't as bad as last Feb!!

Any idea why Challenger has been closed for a while?

Any updates on the skier death in Hyalite? Just wondering what really happened.....
    Heard the person got lost and died of exposure, don't really know though the whole thing is pretty strange

Did they ever get Swifty back up to speed after it shit the bed, again, on Sunday?

^^^ wow, again?

Gonna keep my mouth shut now......................

On another subject. Just back from my Ortho.

Sutures out, everything looked normal, most swelling in the ankle is down. Turns out I had 5 longitudinal tears in that tendon. (Paroneal Brevis).

The DR said it all cleaned up well. Weight bearing beginning in another 2 weeks. I might actually make a few late season turns!

Thanks for the updates. Crazy one can get lost at H Rock...

As for Big Sky WTF?? Why don't they spend $$$ on lifts?? Challenger and Swifty have long been issues. Any updates on improving the lift infrastructure?

As for Big Sky WTF?? Why don't they spend $$$ on lifts?? Challenger and Swifty have long been issues. Any updates on improving the lift infrastructure?
    Big Sky is sitting on a lot of old equipment. When they decide to upgrade it will be a windfall for whoever gets the contracts if that ever happens.

All the lifts have been maintained and some have had upgrades and rebuilds and a fixed grip ski lift isn't that complicated a piece of equipment. Detachables are another story.

There comes a time when guests who are asked to pay + 100.00 a day to ski there will begin to say WTF as well. Especially if the lifts don't operate reliably.
    Last edited by Tom Tuttle from Tacoma Washington; 02-10-2016 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post

On another subject. Just back from my Ortho.

Sutures out, everything looked normal, most swelling in the ankle is down. Turns out I had 5 longitudinal tears in that tendon. (Paroneal Brevis).

The DR said it all cleaned up well. Weight bearing beginning in another 2 weeks. I might actually make a few late season turns!
    That's awesome! Free or locked heel?

I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and get repaired after this season too, I'm afraid. The peroneal tendon is slithering around like an angry snake in my boot now, and continues to get worse...and more painful. I have gotten a few good local recommendations for docs though, and both of those guys had very successful ankle repairs. Doc has worked on Lemond and a pile of other pro athletes, which makes me feel a bit more confident.

Month to go before we get out to the Bozone! Can't wait!

One quick question -- Headwaters Runoff -- can non-skier spectators get up there to watch this? My wife would like to check it out (and bring the pooch with too maybe), but I don't know how that works necessarily...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tuttle from Tacoma Washington View Post

There comes a time when guests who are asked to pay + 100.00 a day to ski there will begin to say WTF as well. Especially if the lifts don't operate reliably.
    Can't disagree with that AT ALL. Lift tickets keep going up, but BS does seem to have mounting issues with delays/breakdowns/etc. That said, I've been at MLB more than once when Six Shooter isn't operating, and that pretty much hoses the whole operation. I spent 50 minutes sitting on Lone Tree lift once as well, freezing my ass off. I was given a voucher for a free warm non-alcoholic beverage for my trouble...gee, thanks... But these are machines operating in fairly extreme conditions, so I get it. Just seems the better mousetrap would have been invented. BS sounds Ike they are in desperate need to make some investments in all their infrastructure before people take their dollars to a place that does reinvest in people moving. Otherwise, people will continue to vote with their feet and head to non-lift served, which will only compound the issues we're seeing in the BC and boundary areas.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    That's awesome! Free or locked heel?

I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and get repaired after this season too, I'm afraid. The peroneal tendon is slithering around like an angry snake in my boot now, and continues to get worse...and more painful. I have gotten a few good local recommendations for docs though, and both of those guys had very successful ankle repairs. Doc has worked on Lemond and a pile of other pro athletes, which makes me feel a bit more confident.
    I had M. Dibert from Alpine work on mine but I did visit with J. Robinson at Bridger Ortho. give me a 2nd opinion. Robinson pretty much only does ankles so getting his input was worth the $$$ (I paid for that).

The procedures aren't that complex so I felt Dibert could make it happen no problem. No way to know for sure but it sounds like every time the tendon would climb out of the groove it would get sawed across the bottom of the Fibula and create another tear. Your symptoms sound similar. It got to the point where just rolling the ankle to put the ski on edge would cause it to pop out so I pretty much quit skiing back in December. Not saying you should as well but it sounds like you may be doing more damage.

I went back to fixed heel a couple of years ago to stay.

Back when MLB was just itself we would provide some transport for friends and family to watch things like the Runoff and the FWT. Don't know about now and dogs are a major negative on the hill unless they are avi dogs. She might be able to snowshoe up there but I am not clear on if the marked trails go that high.

Month to go before we get out to the Bozone! Can't wait!

One quick question -- Headwaters Runoff -- can non-skier spectators get up there to watch this? My wife would like to check it out (and bring the pooch with too maybe), but I don't know how that works necessarily...
    Last edited by Bunion; 02-11-2016 at 08:37 AM.