Page 359 of 890 FirstFirst ... 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 ... LastLast
Results 8,951 to 8,975 of 22244
    Thank you, will do and much appreciated. I usually go Ridge Hippie when in MT 'cause my bro works there, but with Ikon in hand this year it may change that for me to spend some days at the Big. It's been a while.
    I'll save you a spot at the front of the line at BB since I throw my skis down at 5:30 a.m. If I'm here that early, I'm sure as shit getting first chair, plus, I'll make ya famous!

p.s. that run down Bitter End with you, Matt and and Tony (RIP Tone Capone) was all time.
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyBill View Post
    I'll save you a spot at the front of the line at BB since I throw my skis down at 5:30 a.m. If I'm here that early, I'm sure as shit getting first chair, plus, I'll make ya famous!
    p.s. that run down Bitter End with you, Matt and and Tony (RIP Tone Capone) was all time.
    I think employees are exempted from the dance with the Hanson Brothers in the lifeline. Can you get me on the poma at Bridger though, coming from sea level and all. Maybe with my Ikon pass?

That day was great with the Powder Poncho delivering. Tony offered me first go down Bitter End amongst us, a true gentleman. Being a good guest I let Matt and him go before me.

Hope to ski you soon.

BB opens Friday!

Important Information

No Uphill travel starting Wednesday (12/4) at Midnight for the remainder of the season. Mountain Ops are preparing the mountain for Opening Friday (12/6). For safety please respect this closure, there are no exceptions. All offices closed Wednesday (12/4) for scheduled Northwestern Energy power outage. Phones, webcams and weather instruments will be down.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1575488797.535762.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	304757Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1575488816.479338.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	304758Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1575488834.171761.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	304759Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1575488913.104874.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	304761

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Looks like BS is empty and could use a few more !k*n pass holders around to inject some zest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post

Name:	Image1575488797.535762.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	304757Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1575488816.479338.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	304758Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1575488834.171761.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	304759Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1575488913.104874.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	304761

What it's missing in ikonks, it's making up with chunkies. I went up with the wife today to pick up passes. Sun burned through and it was a glorious day to get rid of the rust and also get rid of some ptex.

A few weeks ago my picture wasn't good for my pass, but today it turned out to be fine. And it looked like someone was checking pics on a tablet as skiers went through the rat fucker I D gates. But with helmet, goggles and neck gaiter up, you can basically see my nose.

Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    What it's missing in ikonks, it's making up with chunkies. I went up with the wife today to pick up passes. Sun burned through and it was a glorious day to get rid of the rust and also get rid of some ptex.

A few weeks ago my picture wasn't good for my pass, but today it turned out to be fine. And it looked like someone was checking pics on a tablet as skiers went through the rat fucker I D gates. But with helmet, goggles and neck gaiter up, you can basically see my nose.

Weird.
    None of that matters. A new photo of you is taken every time you go through the RFID scanner. That is the pic they look at. If you got on a lift 20 minutes ago wearing a green jacket and now you are wearing a black jacket, you are busted for sharing a pass. Lifty gets a cash bonus.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Ah, I see.. makes sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    None of that matters. A new photo of you is taken every time you go through the RFID scanner. That is the pic they look at. If you got on a lift 20 minutes ago wearing a green jacket and now you are wearing a black jacket, you are busted for sharing a pass. Lifty gets a cash bonus.

That is fucked.

If you change jackets and they guess wrong do you get that money? Potential new game to play on low snow days, who can get false flagged the most? Free drinks to the best chameleon?

^^I I like the way you think.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

This is why people now need to be chipped like dogs and cats. It will make everyone's job much easier.

We all need to get reversible jackets. Then when we're all called out and humiliated publicly, we'll file a class action suit for psychological damage. Who's with me?

To me it didn't appear they were paying too much attention. Maybe they were distracted by the clusterfuck inside the gates lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaSnow View Post
    If you change jackets and they guess wrong do you get that money? Potential new game to play on low snow days, who can get false flagged the most? Free drinks to the best chameleon?

This is a game that I really want to play. Play on the busiest day you can for double points.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    We all need to get reversible jackets. Then when we're all called out and humiliated publicly, we'll file a class action suit for psychological damage. Who's with me?

To me it didn't appear they were paying too much attention. Maybe they were distracted by the clusterfuck inside the gates lol.
    Roll in with a bunch of dudes and swap jackets each run at the top.
    Man this is a shitty move by BS.

Jacket swap, nutsack-print buff, no-Ikon stickers on the spycam lens,

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    While I remain nostalgic for the Way Things Used To Be in some regards, at the end of the day, I think that reducing poaching is a good thing. If poaching is statistically significant, it ends up driving up the cost of skiing for everyone else, as well as decreasing recorded skier-day counts (and revenue) and the motivation to maintain or upgrade infrastructure.

Lifty bonuses for catching poachers aren't new, and you kinda have to incentivize that because actually checking tickets makes their lives harder, not easier, especially when you get the chair full of jackasses who have non-RFID passes buried three layers deep and the outer zipper is frozen shut.* It remains to be seen how exactly the data (and photos) are actually used, and I expect that the impact on actual, non-poaching passholders will end up being minimal. If you're planning to swap the pass with your roomie each day at noon because you work opposite shifts, yeah, that's probably not going to work so well.

I skied all of last year with my pass displaying a photo from 2003ish (not at Big Sky, but you can probably guess the corporate connection from my location). I didn't get called out on it until April, and even then, when the liftie pulled me aside and said something like "that photo doesn't look a lot like you", I just said, "yeah, it's 15 years old," and that was the end of the issue. I'm willing to wait and see how the gate implementation actually plays out before I get too excited about the additional data collection, but I suppose I should thank those of you skiing Big Sky for being the guinea pigs (I hear we'll have gates here next year).

*: ok, I may have been that guy once or twice

I'm about to buy a plane ticket for next week to BZN, might ski one day at BB and one day at BS. Wondering how conditions are, should I just do one day if it's super low tide? If so, plane tix plan will change for me. Thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I'm about to buy a plane ticket for next week to BZN, might ski one day at BB and one day at BS. Wondering how conditions are, should I just do one day if it's super low tide? If so, plane tix plan will change for me. Thanks....
    BB was skiing great last weekend but it's been a warm dry week so I'm not sure how it'll hold up after opening today, but coverage is pretty good for early season. We're supposed to get a little snow on Sunday and the long term forecast looks mixed. I'd plan on skiing two days, at least one BB and BS even if it's not great conditions we've had a decent start to the season.

Name:	IMG_20191206_084745.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	305036

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I don't have a problem with the RFID in the least. Now that they don't have to check tickets and scan them, manage the fucking liftline.

It's just interesting to me to see what the game is.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmot or Fox View Post
    I don't have a problem with the RFID in the least. Now that they don't have to check tickets and scan them, manage the fucking liftline.
    Me neither. Not stoked on the photo thing.

Pretty much had Mt. Cheese Fry to myself late afternoon...soft windbuff on high speed groomers, pretty fun. Should be nice Sunday if it snows a few inches as predicted.

Quote Originally Posted by total_immortal View Post
    BB was skiing great last weekend but it's been a warm dry week so I'm not sure how it'll hold up after opening today, but coverage is pretty good for early season. We're supposed to get a little snow on Sunday and the long term forecast looks mixed. I'd plan on skiing two days, at least one BB and BS even if it's not great conditions we've had a decent start to the season.
    Thanks! Hoping to do BS Wed and BB Thursday, I'll check in next week. Tix are booked.