Page 308 of 892 FirstFirst ... 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 ... LastLast
Results 7,676 to 7,700 of 22283
    Sounds about average.

Remote Wx sites say 3".

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    My cutoff to head down today was a solid 6" on the stake overnight. Yesterday even with it snowing most of the day skied pretty damn scratchy. It will take serious numbers to actually ski good again.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Sounds about average.
    Lol.

Great Divide claims a foot in the past 24 hours. So maybe 7-8 inches. I might have to drag myself up there this afternoon for turns and a beer.

Next week mini summit...I'll be driving down from Helena on Wednesday morning as usual so arriving around 10:30 or 11. Hopefully we can plan a mid-day meetup somewhere so I can join the gnar-tour-in-progress.

Thursday morning I'll be in line early, hopefully we all will be. Fingers crossed for more snow next week..

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    My cutoff to head down today was a solid 6" on the stake overnight. Yesterday even with it snowing most of the day skied pretty damn scratchy. It will take serious numbers to actually ski good again.
    Written like someone who needs a "Pocono Lens" put back in their goggles. How did the skiing compare to Camel Back on a good day?

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    I can probably take part in an afternoon part of the shack tour on Tuesday, don't laugh but I am speaking at 12:30 at a safety meeting at S/P. And its not that kind of a safety meeting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I only have 20 joints.
    Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    That stash should last until 11:00 AM or if you stretch out the roaches noon.
    Bunion, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it sounds like we will be all out of weed by then.

Sorry, Bro
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Written like someone who needs a "Pocono Lens" put back in their goggles. How did the skiing compare to Camel Back on a good day?
    Heh, we were talking about that yesterday. It was an "all-time Big Boulder/JF day". Considering I have skied the Poconos twice in the last 15 or 16 years my standards have gotten too high. Doesn't help that I no longer have a true hard snow ski in the quiver. Gotta keep a 180ish ski with regular camber in the quiver for the 'roy only days.

Disco was pretty damn sweet on the backside trees. Maybe a whopping 12 people skiing it. Hope to make it up next weekend for bridger closing. Be a little bittersweet saying goodbye after 21 yrs. Oh well it'll still be close.

Sunshine Bowl delivered the freshies late into the afternoon today. Sure hope Mount Cheese Fry gets the ownership thing worked out because I would be seriously bummed if this place ever shut down.

On Tuesday, don't laugh but I am speaking at 12:30 at a safety meeting at S/P. And its not that kind of a safety meeting.
    Are you set for material for your safety talk? I have materials though I am not a true safety professional, but have built safety cultures, do lots of safety talks and deliver industry best TRIR and LTIR outcomes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	276460
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post

Views:	99 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	276460
    Thanks for posting this! I just walked by the box a couple of hours ago and didn't bother to look at what was on the front page.

The link to the EBS article on IKON: http://www.explorebigsky.com/ikontroversy/29128

Lots of conflicting statements:

“[Ikon] brought us here, or we wouldn’t have come,” Miller said. “You can’t afford single day tickets anymore at any of the areas.”
    “This winter the bus showed up, and the bus had the Ikon Pass on it,” Williams said. “Everybody’s fixated on [it as the problem], just because this year we started the Ikon Pass … These people were coming anyway.”
    “This is the new Big Sky,” Williams continued. “It’s not going to change. Next year we’re going to have more people than we had this year.”
    What about infrastructure to support your marketing Williams?

Big Sky’s growth feels more exponential than linear, prompting the Big Sky Water and Sewer District to get the ball rolling on a $21.7 million plant upgrade to meet the blistering growth.

According to Big Sky Fire Department Chief William Farhat, ambulance transports are 37 percent higher for February of this year than the same month last year, which was likewise 37 percent higher than February of 2017, before Ikon had any role in Big Sky’s visitation.

Taylor declined to be interviewed though.

^im on the lookout for lanyards , stickers and logos...lol
    back cover of that section.....
    not sure why my dumb phone is turing these pics sideways

Views:	98 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	276469
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

^^^ MiCol is obviously training for Tuesday's smokeshack tour....

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Sunshine Bowl delivered the freshies late into the afternoon today. Sure hope Mount Cheese Fry gets the ownership thing worked out because I would be seriously bummed if this place ever shut down.

Nice! I heard it was good yesterday and that Honduran woods had over a foot. Heading up today for some sunshine and turns with the ex. Agreed on the ownership thing.

This mornings Harry Cam

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1553955550.680940.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	478.9 KB 
ID:	276519

Nice skiing down at the big today. Surprisingly deep turns found in hell roaring/hells half. Good edge-able groomers everywhere else and even some of the bumps were softened up.

^^Well that's good news. Saw a friend's North Summit pics on FB and it looked nice.

Is there a good weather forecast for the area? Everywhere I look seems to have a different forecast for the week - from a dusting over the next 4-5 days, to rain later in the week.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What you see is pretty accurate, this is s difficult time of year to forecast for beyond about 2-3 days. Snow Showers can mean 1" or 10".

Doubtful we will see rain above 7200'

Harvested corn in The Bowl with Talisman this afternoon. SPF 50 required.

Stopped by the Djongo Retirement Home. (aka Hobbit Hole, on Tango). 48 hours from now this will be hotboxed by mags.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1554066834.879992.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	712.5 KB 
ID:	276646

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Stopped by the Djongo Retirement Home. (aka Hobbit Hole, on Tango).

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1554066834.879992.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	712.5 KB 
ID:	276646
    Slope side retirement should make first tracks a given. Mags please practice safe use and disposal of smoking materials and not burn down Djongo's sweet digs.

What you see is pretty accurate, this is s difficult time of year to forecast for beyond about 2-3 days. Snow Showers can mean 1" or 10".

Doubtful we will see rain above 7200'
    Thanks Bunion!
    The shacks look awesome! I'd totally retire slopeside... if I can ever retire

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fully bird again down there today. Beautiful. Still skiing well on the darkside. Groomers were prime for laying over some nice trenches.