Page 196 of 884 FirstFirst ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,900 of 22099
    4 tram laps and done. Lift served Heli-skiing.

Poor visibility early shrank the line down to about a 15-20 minute wait, well worth it.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Yup stupid deep up top.

I mean cough cough this 12 hour bug sucks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Skiing was pretty good at RLM, but there was also a bit of windslab:

Shallow enough not to be much of an issue, but slightly concerning in that the surface layer was cracking all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Yup stupid deep up top.

I mean cough cough this 12 hour bug sucks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I must have caught the same thing. Darn fine pow skiing up at Bridger. Nice to ski some blower this year.

Also, Montana sucks tell your friends. It was cold today, I hit several rocks (they've been there all season and seasons past) and I have to wear low light goggles all ski season.
    Last edited by concretejungle; 02-15-2018 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    I saw them doing that bootpack today...South facing pow in the afternoon still. Also think I might have seen and heard the dude you are talking about, he had just skied the apple core and was pretty stoked, said something about being back after being gone for a while. A bearded dude of around 45ish? Pretty cool to see the steeps setting up so well here for the second half of the season. I'm pretty excited about all that's still to come this year! Starting to think we should christen it "heaven-teen great-teen"?

Name:  apple core lil.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  323.2 KB

Little Cooler, the apple core is the easy line. This is at low tide.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cirque.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	224423

The whole North Cirque. (Extremely good coverage) 95/96-1st year of the tram.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

^^^^ Wow cool pics from 95-96. I was lucky enough to ski closing weekend that year. Snowed a bunch for great skiing. Went up the tram with a friend, Steve Haas, (JHAF Major Pioneer),and a troller comes out of the shack and says" hey you two look like trouble". Jimbo maybe was his name, big guy. He and Haas knew each other so he had us sign a waiver and invited us to follow him to open the Big. I about shit a brick.
    So we slide down and around and I look in to about 12-20" of soft. Freakin a little now. J. gives us the instructions and proceeds to slowly wiggle that thing out to the turn. Haas turns to me and says" ski it like I know you can".
    Maybe the single most confidence building advice of my ski bum life. He rolled in, exhibited his powerful style and was gone to the bend. Fuuuuck...
    so I push in and the first 3-4 turns are tight, deep, moving and yet working w/me, not against. After that it was boot to knee deep to the apron and hero turns back to the tram. Became one of the single most memorable/influential runs of my life.

Skied quite a few closings there from 92-02' . Not for a while now; Seriously trying for BBI18-BSBB. Was kinda shooting for perfect attendance this year at home in JH but honestly, skiing BS in a fat year simply must be done. And with some local guidance, nothing's better.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Skiing was pretty good at RLM, but there was also a bit of windslab:

Shallow enough not to be much of an issue, but slightly concerning in that the surface layer was cracking all over the place.
    What skis are those?

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Became one of the single most memorable/influential runs of my life.
    Nice! I hiked straight up it the season before when there was no tram. Maybe in April with some BB friends. It was knee to waist high deep all the way down. First tracks. Couldn't see much. My only regret was not stopping, my friend right behind me scolded me for not stopping to take a pic.

As I get older, I'm beginning to think it was the best run of my life.

Even tracked out, it's got to be the most impressive in-bound runs in North America.

^^^^Holy shit...checkmate, you win. You hiked up it in deep pow first. WTF- you musta been a goddamn manimal!
    I grudgingly agree that it is the most visually stunning in bounds big line that I know of...

Big Couloir stoke is strong. Fun hearing the epic stories.

2Funky has hiked that shit... to ski the Little, iirc?

I remember some fkn fast windsift laps on my first im103s... might have delammed them on the tram. Otherwise no tram glory here. I guess had a couple great runs down the N. Summit.

More tram stories

I skied with Benny Profane today. No lie.

I Skied With Benny Profane Today !
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=318279
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post

Instant TGR legend status right here.

Here is a clip of some guy I don't know skiing at some place today because I was home in bed sick....

https://youtu.be/iRmypfT2LbI

Nothing I love more than these ski bum folk tales! Much appreciated. And sick video!
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Here is a clip of some guy I don't know skiing at some place today because I was home in bed sick....

Pinnacles?

Ha ! I recognize those skis. Glad to see you are enjoying them.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Pinnacles?
    Pretty sure it was Z chute. No one had been in there yet so me and some random dude were like fuck it. No reason to walk any farther it seemed.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    ^^^^Holy shit...checkmate, you win. You hiked up it in deep pow first. WTF- you musta been a goddamn manimal!
    I grudgingly agree that it is the most visually stunning in bounds big line that I know of...
    Well, I wasn't meaning to one-up you, just saying it's a memory-inducing run for many people.

There was a runnel we went up that made hiking somewhat easy, but at the very top, yes, it was deep and brutal. There is kind of a funny story about how we decided who went first when another crew who hiked a different way beat us to the top. nothing worse almost cresting and seeing a few bobbing heads looking down. Tone, ask a certain BB patroller from N.Z. about how much of a dick I was, ha. He was with us and I hope he also thinks it was one of their more memorable runs ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post

That is so awesome Harry.

WRG nice vid!

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Well, I wasn't meaning to one-up you, just saying it's a memory-inducing run for many people.

There was a runnel we went up that made hiking somewhat easy, but at the very top, yes, it was deep and brutal. There is kind of a funny story about how we decided who went first when another crew who hiked a different way beat us to the top. nothing worse almost cresting and seeing a few bobbing heads looking down. Tone, ask a certain BB patroller from N.Z. about how much of a dick I was, ha. He was with us and I hope he also thinks it was one of their more memorable runs ever.
    Oh no, not at all. Indeed I am utterly impressed by the ascent /descent. For me, climbing that with old skis would have been more like hallucination- inducing. I'm pretty solid on the down but laughably lazy on the ups.
    Soul Crushing to see the summit, then, a face peering down at you. Lets hear that one...

Tone, ask a certain BB patroller from N.Z. about how much of a dick I was, ha. He was with us and I hope he also thinks it was one of their more memorable runs ever.
    Haha, I will! This just keeps getting better and better. I love hearing these stories from the original gangsters before it was all just another carnival ride. Especially when I know some of these characters and the past is either all just a blur to them or they are just too humble to tell of these now legendary exploits.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Haha, I will! This just keeps getting better and better. I love hearing these stories from the original gangsters before it was all just another carnival ride. Especially when I know some of these characters and the past is either all just a blur to them or they are just too humble to tell of these now legendary exploits.
    It was a blur for me. That run anyone could have done though, you just sign in with aSP and tell them where you were going. Just good luck on our part since no one knew it was so deep up there, not legendary at all to ski powder. There are many humble B.B. skiers that are legendary though!

Ok, I was picturing post season for some reason....I didn't realize they let you hike up it back before the tram. And yes, few humans are more inspiring than the all day, every day living legends at Bridger...and certainly a few more in the making (cough cough, Shane-iac.)

Ok, I was picturing post season for some reason....I didn't realize they let you hike up it back before the tram. And yes, few humans are more inspiring than the all day, every day living legends at Bridger...and certainly a few more in the making (cough cough, Shane-iac.)
    Had to be spring of ‘94 for many reasons. Only reason we were there was BB closed and the BB dirtbags migrated south with their frequent skier cards.

Just don’t tell him I post on an internet board for God’s sake.

I don't think I know you in real life, but I hear ya, I won't ask him about it. The OG's do still hang ski bloggers in MT, or so I've been warned.