Page 193 of 346 FirstFirst ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,825 of 8627
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Hell of a sleeper day at BS. Gullies and Dictators were deep! Skiing weekdays is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinSki View Post
    Bridger was skiing really well this morning, even better than the 7" report suggests
    Snowed all day at BB, nearly .75" of water. Very fast conditions. Excellent skiing. Guess I will check out the really Big tomorrow.
    Mister Man! Mister Man! Mister Man. They left this card.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Hell of a sleeper day at BS. Gullies and Dictators were deep! Skiing weekdays is awesome.
    Outstanding skiing today!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Nature sure is neat.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 9.13.22 PM.png
Views: 531
Size:  78.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post
    Outstanding skiing today!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Truth. I spent the day over on Lone Tree, snow was nice & soft. Tons of fun today.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Shhhh, don't tell anyone but Bridger rocked today. Sleeper day - not crowded. I left at 1 and it snowed the whole time I was there. The Ridge was deep, but even South Bowl was good. Didn't head over to Slushies but I heard there was a 15 minute line.

Big Sky was decent up high but the visibility was like inside a light bulb. 2-3 tram car wait, mostly locals, the out of town crowd were up for 1 and done.

Wind buff, cake like powder, good stuff.

What was really impressive was the 4 disabled sit-skiers making the Turkey Traverse all the way out to Arch Rock and ripping the shit out of the bowl.
    Mister Man! Mister Man! Mister Man. They left this card.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    What was really impressive was the 4 disabled sit-skiers making the Turkey Traverse all the way out to Arch Rock and ripping the shit out of the bowl.
    That is impressive to navigate the Turkey on one of those things, holy crap.

I rode the tram a couple weeks ago with the sit-skier who did the Big Couloir and was featured in that Big Sky marketing video. Had to tell her how cool I thought that was. Later saw her ripping down Marx in less than ideal conditions, kinda firm and scratchy. Damn.

Meanwhile, this morning at Great Divide I fell into a mine hole or something while going too fast through some obscure trees. Double ejection and had a hell of a time crawling out of this eight-foot depression, wallowing around in the powder. The skiing was decent for a couple hours but got kind of meh as things warmed up.

Cranes man. Cranes are all the rage over here. Can u crane off a bull wheel mid season mid slope in Feb? We're not sure we can either. But we're gonna try it! Took two cats to pull it through the road (tipi) with a third "grading" level cross slope. Safety first to all involved and vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Meanwhile, this morning at Great Divide I fell into a mine hole or something while going too fast through some obscure trees. Double ejection and had a hell of a time crawling out of this eight-foot depression, wallowing around in the powder. The skiing was decent for a couple hours but got kind of meh as things warmed up.
    Was that over by hibernation? I think I may have followed your tracks and almost did the same thing, lol. I saw where someone had crawled out of what looked like a small mine adit.

Today definitely wasn't as good as Sunday, still pretty good I thought but was getting pretty heavy by afternoon and with a crust underneath from Sunday's warming spell.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Was that over by hibernation?
    Yep exactly. It was f'kd. Lucky I didn't get hurt. Funny in retrospect though.

Yep exactly. It was f'kd. Lucky I didn't get hurt. Funny in retrospect though.
    Glad you came out unscathed!

Quote Originally Posted by Notchtop View Post
    Cranes man. Cranes are all the rage over here. Can u crane off a bull wheel mid season mid slope in Feb? We're not sure we can either. But we're gonna try it! Took two cats to pull it through the road (tipi) with a third "grading" level cross slope. Safety first to all involved and vibes.

Looked like there was a fair bit of grading / plowing involved in a few spots, especially the top of Lower Royals. I'm wondering whether the crane stays in place while the parts are off for machine work or if it comes down...I'd guess leave it in place, but that's only a guess. I'm assuming they'll put the snow back on the road for the weekend unless by some miracle they can get the parts back before then.

Also, I don't think I'd want to be involved in getting that crane back downhill safely. I'd be happy to video from a safe distance up the hill, but that's a lot of mass to manage on a snow-covered slope.

^^^truth. Don't know how reliable the numbers but word is the crane is 76 tons and our big cats are 26 apiece. I have no frame of reference/fact check. But it leads to a math problem that's way above my pay grade. My guys have been told to treat the whole situation like a widow maker. If it could conceivably fall near you, you're way too close.

That's fucking cool, going for it.
    PE, Mechanical Engineering
    University of Bridger Bowl Alumnus
    Alpental Creeper

Why the hell is a bullwheel coming off mid Feb? Bearing?

Also it's windy in big sky today, weird.

So it looks like all of Big Sky's webcams are now live video streams through YouTube? Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Was that over by hibernation? I think I may have followed your tracks and almost did the same thing, lol. I saw where someone had crawled out of what looked like a small mine adit.
    That's concerning. Hibernation is one of the best tree runs they have. Was it skier's left or right of Hibernation? Someone should tell Patrol to rope it off.

Quote Originally Posted by ski counselor View Post
    That's concerning. Hibernation is one of the best tree runs they have. Was it skier's left or right of Hibernation? Someone should tell Patrol to rope it off.
    I can't say exactly where it was in relation to Hibernation, but I can say it was in a spot where you wouldn't normally be skiing. I was just improvising a traverse through tight trees trying to find an opening for fresh tracks. I don't think it's likely most people would go this route. I doubt 3PinGrin would have gone that route if he hadn't been following my tracks. I guess you never know.

I can't say exactly where it was in relation to Hibernation, but I can say it was in a spot where you wouldn't normally be skiing. I was just improvising a traverse through tight trees trying to find an opening for fresh tracks. I don't think it's likely most people would go this route. I doubt 3PinGrin would have gone that route if he hadn't been following my tracks. I guess you never know.
    The allure of fresh tracks can result in some bad decisions. I normally ski conservatively at GD but their good coverage this season resulted in my poor decision to ski a line off "Skyline" last Sunday
    that placed me in the middle of a rock infested slope that caused some ski base damage. Lesson learned hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftybish View Post
    Why the hell is a bullwheel coming off mid Feb? Bearing?
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Yup.
    Yikes. Bullwheel bearings suck

I'm not a mechanic. But entire bullwheel went down today. I mean like down on a trailer. So....a couple weeks is the word. No pressure, having crippple chair serve the whole mtn feeder. On a positive note Palisades opens tomorrow and it's snowing hard!

I'm not a mechanic. But entire bullwheel went down today. I mean like down on a trailer. So....a couple weeks is the word. No pressure, having crippple chair serve the whole mtn feeder. On a positive note Palisades opens tomorrow and it's snowing hard!
    Not that lines are ever bad at RLM, but not having Willow is going to suck. The extra time you have to sit on the triple is almost never worth it.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

6:30 am Dust on crust

Edit 7:30 am Dumping like a mofo

Edit 8:45 still dumping
    Last edited by Harry; 02-09-2018 at 09:05 AM.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters