Page 159 of 346 FirstFirst ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 8638
    Tone and Ted, nice pics, you guys inspired me to get out. Way to get after it. Made it and skied Chamonix couloir yesterday. What a line! Skiing was marginal at best, a little bit of everything. The worst was through the choke near the end of the line, massive frozen debris chunks made turns near impossible. After that smooth corn snow ripping. Phone died near the top, so no action shots unfortunately.

Nice, glad to hear and see, thank you. I got out a bit recently too, so here's to doin my part to keep the motivation level up. Hope to get out the next few days and poke around somewhere but not really set on anything yet. We'll see what the winds do with this storm and what the weather ends up being like.

Afternoon shred:

Not over yet:

Next day worked out fairly well:

A little peak bagging mission that's been tugging at me for a while.

scary perch:

A little blown off lower down but perfectly skiable.

Found the hero pow hiding out up high and north facing:

Pretty stoked:

Mordor!

Hard to resist, shit, if no one else is going to:

Did some convienient yoyo laps

Inch of dust on semi breakable crust but still fun and good enough to make a pretty picture, I'll take it.

Lower slope that wasn't debris was awesome! Kind of thin breakable crust that still skied like pow.

The noodle master himself even deemed my turns spoon worthy, haha. Good times buddy! Fun note to end the day on.

It's getting to that point where people are on to other things but I am trying to stay motivated. Hit me up if anyone can get out and see what ullr left it his wake the next few days.
    Last edited by tone capone; 04-09-2017 at 03:24 PM.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

This thread has been full on stoke lately. RLM skied nicely today with a variable 5-8" new across the mountain. Super windy, so lots of free refills.

Strong efforts! Great looking area.

Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    This thread has been full on stoke lately. RLM skied nicely today with a variable 5-8" new across the mountain. Super windy, so lots of free refills.
    ...and the mountain was nice enough not to send out their powder alerts until after 9 a.m., so it felt more like a weekday than a weekend. I don't have any action shots, because we were generally too busy skiing, but Cole Creek was skiing rather nicely with new snow on top of enough base to cover most of the obstacles in the trees.

Great turns this morning!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6325-Edit.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	826.8 KB 
ID:	204176

Name:	IMG_6329-Edit.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	829.9 KB 
ID:	204177
    Sea of clouds along the Yellowstone River corridor

Name:	IMG_6336-Edit.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	204181

Name:	IMG_6343-Edit.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	204182

Name:	IMG_6359-Edit.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	204183

Name:	IMG_6365-Edit.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	204186

Name:	IMG_6382-Edit.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	204187

Yes! Gotta love first tracks on that face! I went to the T roots today, surprise surprise, it was mostly wind fucked and windy as fuck. Still pieced together a half decent line in the less consequential terrain but had no regrets about not crawling up one of the steep couloirs.

Any beta from the other ranges/other peoples outings or possible joining of forces would be greatly appreciated! I have the next few days off and feel like I should make the most of them. I am more of the mindset of just going to a drainage and seeing what looks good rather than being dead set on a certain objective if anyone might be interested.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    Yes! Gotta love first tracks on that face! I went to the T roots today, surprise surprise, it was mostly wind fucked and windy as fuck. Still pieced together a half decent line in the less consequential terrain but had no regrets about not crawling up one of the steep couloirs.

Any beta from the other ranges/other peoples outings or possible joining of forces would be greatly appreciated! I have the next few days off and feel like I should make the most of them. I am more of the mindset of just going to a drainage and seeing what looks good rather than being dead set on a certain objective if anyone might be interested.
    If you know of a good place between Missoula/Bozeman I might be down this weekend to do a day or two in the area if the weather plays along. Well doesn't have to be between, but not more than two and a half our drive from Missoula.

Nice work boys, awesome to see yous guys gettin after it, great pics, keep the stoke coming!

In other news, gonna try for one more lift-accessed day tomorrow @ BS if you wanna spin a few laps, hit me up.

Thank you I appreciate it...I am kind of limited to close to Bozeman on weekends as those are my busiest work days (nights). My most likely days to get out further afield are usually Tuesday Wednesday and sometimes I can take another day during the week if it looks like things might be sick.

Cedar in all its majesty. Camera froze early, so that's the only shot... skiing was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted26 View Post

Name:	IMG_6365-Edit.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	204186

Such fine ski terrain up there. It's so refreshing to see it in those conditions. Nice shots.

Great to see you guys getting after it. I definitely lost my motivation and have been in moab since fri. Love seeing the stoke!

Thank you I appreciate it...I am kind of limited to close to Bozeman on weekends as those are my busiest work days (nights). My most likely days to get out further afield are usually Tuesday Wednesday and sometimes I can take another day during the week if it looks like things might be sick.
    I'll let you know when I have some weekday availability. Probably after my finals in early-mid may, but while I still have my TA assignment.

Another 3" on Lone peak today. It did not suck.

Quote Originally Posted by bunion View Post
    Another 3" on Lone peak today. It did not suck.
    It's killing me missing this late-season skiing but I'm leaving on an early season Middle Fork Salmon raft trip on Friday and I gotta get my shit together. And sorry to say it, but I am NOT praying for snow next week.

I love this image.

Agreed. Fkna
    PE, Mechanical Engineering
    University of Bridger Bowl Alumnus
    Alpental Creeper

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

That photo is so great. Awesome to see so many of you getting after it!

Anyone skied/been near enough to Gallatin peak to report on conditions recently? Thinking about heading there Saturday
    Last edited by benfjord; 04-12-2017 at 10:05 PM.

Thank you guys... I'm happy my little dust on crust ski track snapshot strikes a resonant chord. Ski freeeeee!

I was at Big Sky yesterday and it looked like Gallatin is shaping up pretty decently with our recent little spaklings of denser snow up high. Probably a little below average coverage but I bet you could make it work without much trouble.
    Last edited by tone capone; 04-13-2017 at 12:24 AM.

Lone Peak has been skiing great all week, especially the ML side.

This rules, too. Nice work tagging that one! NE face looks steep...

I was at Big Sky yesterday and it looked like Gallatin is shaping up pretty decently with our recent little spaklings of denser snow up high.
    Great news. Thanks. Not sure if we'll drop to the north or south yet but good to know the south will probably be an option

Great to hear. Will be there tomorrow and will start out on the ML side to avoid the masses. 4 to 8 expected tonight. Woot!

Name:  randys 3.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  77.0 KB

From yesterday, skiing a slide path that was unfortunately named after me. One of the few times it has been skiable since that incident in 2001.