Page 132 of 891 FirstFirst ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 22270
    Quote Originally Posted by bunion View Post
    Edit to add: I just saw that MR Hummers is closing at the end of the season.
    Bernie was just life-flighted out of Big Sky. One day before his retirement party. Prayers for a full recovery.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

That sucks.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Word on the mountain is it was a massive heart attack. Hope he is OK.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Who had the idea to start the Pond Skim at noon and move it to the flats? I thought the idea of the whole thing was to get drunk under the Ramcharger lift after a hard day of skiing. Noon is way too early, especially if there is still great snow around.

^^^ Just a guess but probably the local Gendarmes. Attempt at cutting down on the drinking and then driving?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Work? That's quitter talk! I should be up Sunday, If I can survive full strength draft beers today
    You need to douche your VM box, bro. The call at 2pm from a (406) area code was me.

Austin is laying on a beach at some undisclosed tropical isle right now.

Spent the day with Bunion's old friend and his Skittle Mafia pack of kids. A 6 y/o jibber beat me down Marx.

Tell Gibby hello for me.

Any word on Bernie?

Another season in the books.

On to mud season.

Tell Gibby hello for me.
    Done.

Any word on Bernie?.
    Word on the hill is that he is stable at the Bozeman hospital. Apparently it happened in the day skier parking lot. Somebody on the shuttle gave him chest compressions and the shuttle raced him up to the Patrol first aid station right there.

MPPG: got your text and replied. I am tied up at the house and can't leave, but you are welcome to drop by. My crib is walking distance from where you are right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Mondbrot View Post
    Who had the idea to start the Pond Skim at noon and move it to the flats? I thought the idea of the whole thing was to get drunk under the Ramcharger lift after a hard day of skiing. Noon is way too early, especially if there is still great snow around.
    Probably happened because of all the drunk people throwing snowballs at the cops last year.

Anyone been over to east rosebud lately?

Any word on Bernie?
    Updated info sent to Bunion via text message. Not going to post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted26 View Post
    Anyone been over to east rosebud lately?
    Some beta would be pretty sweet on that right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Updated info sent to Bunion via text message. Not going to post it here.
    Was that the old-timer patroller we said, "Hi!!" to as we passed by him off the Swifty?
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Was that the old-timer patroller we said, "Hi!!" to as we passed by him off the Swifty?
    No, Bernie is the long time owner of MR Hummers, a restaurant in the Mountain Mall.

The old patroller we said hi to was Sam, the original Dirtbag King.

Little known fact.

South Face Sam also named Lenin and Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    Some beta would be pretty sweet on that right now.
    not recent but a month ago you had to hike the apron and a little more on Cham couloir. the rest was good. friend skied it.
    off your knees Louie

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

not posting any details, but

#pleaseprayforbernie

No, Bernie is the long time owner of MR Hummers, a restaurant in the Mountain Mall.

The old patroller we said hi to was Sam, the original Dirtbag King.
    Ha, we got a chance to meet Sam and shoot the shit a little at the top of swifty. For being the original dirtbag he was less than impressed with all the dirtbagging, and drunken revelry going on for pondskimming.

We swung by hummers around noon, and the place was packed. if bernie is the shorter guy with grey hair working the door, I can attest he was pretty wound up keeping the place in order. Super Bummer to hear about this; no justice in the world for it to happen on his last day before retiring.

Vibes to his friends and family and Hoping he pulls thru and gets to enjoy a amazing retirement
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

not posting any details, but

#pleaseprayforbernie
    Bernie is great guy. He is definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

Never been a Hummers regular but I did meet Bernie a few weeks ago when I was in there for a couple beers. I hope he pulls through okay.

Skipped the final week+ and went camping down in the desert. Sounds like it was pretty nuts with the slides and all. I'm kind of over the freak week scene and all the drunks. Fist fight at the Triple?! Please somebody post a video.

Had a really fun ski season and appreciated it so much more after the knee surgery last year. Next year's passes are paid for and I'm at a stage in life where I don't look much beyond the next ski season. None of us is guaranteed a tomorrow, right? Enjoy the "second season" if that's your thing, and stay safe. I'll be hitting the rivers. Hang loose amigos!

I'm at a stage in life where I don't look much beyond the next ski season. None of us is guaranteed a tomorrow, right?
    You said it brother!

A few random snappers from a joyful second season thus far:

Hope you enjoy and are inspired to keep getting out.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

What beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing.

R.I.P. Bernie Fiengold

Bernie owned MR Hummers, a restaurant/bar in the Mountain Mall at Big Sky since the mid-80's. When Bernie first opened up, the Gondola still loaded inside the Mountain Mall, the tram was still 10 years in the future, skis were skinny, clothes were neon, and to ski the Big Coulior you had to climb it first.

Condolences to his family and friends. Big Sky has lost a legend.

^Thats to bad. RIP Bernie. One of a kind. A true B.S legend.

RIP.