Page 99 of 892 FirstFirst ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 22276
    last week saddle peak

Wow almost a hundred pages now! Glad to see you are getting out base, Jup that camera does very nice things! Great colors and contrast.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

The snow back on Alex Lowe pk was definition of variable. Variably crappy, some good turns were had lower on the north coulier but bad route finding and wind buff sketchiness thwarted our attempt at hellmouth. Great long day in the mtns despite snow conditions

Got out to Lick Creek on Friday for a short jaunt. Apparently some sneaky soul replaced all the snow with mashed potatoes. There were certainly a few barren spots on the way up/down to keep you on your toes.

Buddy that was there with me is thinking about Blackmore wednesday, but I'm unsure with this ridiculous weather.

Prob not worth it afaik, but if you like icy luge tracks and wind/sun affected snow than go for it. However we were on mostly north facing aspects Sat. West ridge "looked" ok. And the luge really is entertaining in a weird way. East face of elephant looked fun too

Beehive/Bear still have some nice soft settled snow on due north faces; a bit of wind and sun damage up high. Good time for big lines.

Speaking of beehive, went up there today in hopes of finding corn in Fourth of July couloir. Skinned to the base and found wet unconsolidated snow, decided not to ski it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1425939973.912539.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	870.5 KB 
ID:	164996
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1425939989.671601.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	575.0 KB 
ID:	164997

Overall was pretty shitty snow on most aspects not north facing, nothing really in any sort of a corn cycle yet in case anyone was wondering

I've got two tickets for Jeff Tweedy at the Emerson tonight. Shoot me a PM if you want them.

I'm just trying to get back what I paid. $37.50 each.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupski View Post

Tone Capone doing his thing.
    That looks like the gear cache cave in Wolverine Basin/Bowl no? How is the coverage there right now? I was thinking about getting an early start on the climbing this year with a tour/climb...

Also, does anyone know if Chestnut is skin/skiable right now? I think not, but figured I would ask.

North facing in Yellowstone still holding powder.l
    off your knees Louie

FYI: Protected trees and north facing aspects are holding great snow on buck ridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    That looks like the gear cache cave in Wolverine Basin/Bowl no? How is the coverage there right now? I was thinking about getting an early start on the climbing this year with a tour/climb...

Also, does anyone know if Chestnut is skin/skiable right now? I think not, but figured I would ask.
    Good coverage out there. Your idea of climbing/touring seems pretty good considering the conditions of late.

^Nice, so normal-slightly above normal for us.

I just spent the past 5 days in the Cooke City area, and did a little writeup here: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...-Birthday-Bash

PNW refugee In town with ski gear, is Bridger worth skiing today or is it shit with this heat wave? or is there somewhere to get an afternoon tour/lap in?

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1426293073.659191.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	277.1 KB 
ID:	165194
    (temps are in C' , not Freedom units)

fire warming?? WTF!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1426293090.701952.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	274.7 KB 
ID:	165195

Odds are I'll be back in a week to ski at least one day. But really? That warm

Temps like that make me want to learn the basics of freshwater and saltwater fishing online.

Quote Originally Posted by Notchtop View Post
    Temps like that make me want to learn the basics of freshwater and saltwater fishing online.
    I bet there's a place online where you could learn that. Maybe there's a link somewhere?

Just so I'm not a total troll and actually contribute: Skied Big Sky all this week, the lower elevations were about what was expected, but up top wasn't bad at all. The mountain reported 1" of fresh Wednesday night, but it was more like 2" mid-mountain and maybe 4" in Headwaters, which skied very, very well. The stuff off Challenger was terrible so we didn't venture any further in that direction. Without more snow it will be difficult to make the target closing date, though! Maybe time to change my focus to being outsmarted by trout....

looks like the pattern is changing back toward warm and wet from warm and dry.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    looks like the pattern is changing back toward warm and wet from warm and dry.
    Yeah the forecast for sunday/monday looks promising, but also worryingly warm... if it fluctuates a bit in the wrong direction it will be rain down low... and maybe quite up high too.

What a crazy winter! Bozo seems tropical in March!
    Headed to L&C to bike and camp tomorrow, crazy!
    Wish we could get one storm before its too late!

The Fat Lady hasn't begun the Aria yet.

Have faith.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Hidden Gully was skiing surprisingly well today. But then the patrol spoiled the fun and closed the ridge early... (Just kidding, thanks to all the patrollers who keep us safe out there.)

Quote Originally Posted by GallatinTeleMonster View Post
    I bet there's a place online where you could learn that. Maybe there's a link somewhere?

Just so I'm not a total troll and actually contribute: Skied Big Sky all this week, the lower elevations were about what was expected, but up top wasn't bad at all. The mountain reported 1" of fresh Wednesday night, but it was more like 2" mid-mountain and maybe 4" in Headwaters, which skied very, very well. The stuff off Challenger was terrible so we didn't venture any further in that direction. Without more snow it will be difficult to make the target closing date, though! Maybe time to change my focus to being outsmarted by trout....
    Had a great time in Big Sky this past week; thanks everyone for the advice. Figured I would share some camera phone stoke. Good turns were found, mostly spring conditions but still some winter in the headwaters and over in moonlight on Thursday.

Miracle inch on Thursday

Fiance skiing better than me down the headwaters

Some Putt Putt in the trees
    Last edited by drstuess; 03-14-2015 at 09:56 PM.