Page 375 of 884 FirstFirst ... 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 ... LastLast
Results 9,351 to 9,375 of 22078
    Still mulling it over.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

7am: winds have picked up significantly

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    Who else is getting out today?
    I am planning to get out again today as 3" on top of what hasn't been tracked out should be good. Not many people were around yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    I am planning to get out again today as 3" on top of what hasn't been tracked out should be good. Not many people were around yesterday.
    Alright, I'm in. Text you when I get up there.

Rumor on the hill is a plow took out power to BSSP radio repeaters so bomb routes couldn't be run until mid-morning. No lifts ran higher than Swifty or the Six Shooter. A recon run to Moonlight got some low angle fresh snow and allowed me to find another shack.

Didn't meet up with swimmy who bailed around noon which is about when swifty went down. Off to snowshoe.

Name:  Jaws.JPG
Views: 555
Size:  157.6 KB

All true, snow cat cut the communications line from the bottom of the tram to the top. The radio system is housed at the top so it put a lot of sand in the gears in terms of opening terrain.

Challenger opened at 11:30 and when I left at 12:45 the patrol was still bombing.

Whats the asking price for that shack?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Looking at comps on Zillow I'm gonna go with $1.26 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    What's the asking price for that shack?
    If you have to ask the price Sotheby's doesn't want you to call. Rootskier isn't far off the mark as the slope side Olde Time Montana cottage has rustic dirt floor and is furnished with hand crafted pine furniture.

Went home for bbowl's bday. Had some fun in the sun.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7R4KzrA...d=gctrv4w4f7zq

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Interesting about the coms going out. I thought maybe they were just sketched about stability which was odd since we only got a couple inches. But by 11:30 or so they hadn't opened anything so I got annoyed and bailed.

Before that thought, best run was Rice bowl.

A distant second was War Dance.

I talked with a friend who was dealing with today's self inflicted shitshow. He has been there flying a cross for over 20 years and we both laughed that is was just a throwback to the bad old days and an anomaly.

Sometimes shit just happens.

On a side note, the new Cafeteria is such a big hit that it cannot accommodate all the use. I was told employees are not given their 50% food discount between 11 & 1 and if they do pay full price they must eat elsewhere.

Sometimes Boyne just makes you shake your head and smile.

If Big Sky was run as well as Aspen or Vail we would be so overcrowded it would be a sure ticket to suicide, so Kudos to Boyne for doing their part to alleviate the overcrowding by just being themselves.

Well...
    Humbled for sure by BB.
    Just a wee bit different than what I'm used to 😁
    Was gunnin for the ridge but dunno where to start.

No BS this trip unfortunately
    But BB is providin
    Back tom and wednesday
    Kartels, black pants, grey and brown gucci jacket

Quote Originally Posted by scrambledbacon View Post
    Well...
    Humbled for sure by BB.
    Just a wee bit different than what I'm used to

No BS this trip unfortunately
    But BB is providin
    Back tom and wednesday
    Kartels, black pants, grey and brown gucci jacket
    Hike north until you find a clear traverse. Take that out about 50 yards passed the snow fence on the traverse. You should be above Bridger Gully, a fun bbowl classic with no/minimal risk if you get off track.

Here's a helpful guide you can keep on your phone. Happy trails!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4j...w?usp=drivesdk

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mondays, amirite?Name:  IMG_20200113_194600_920.jpeg
Views: 483
Size:  81.7 KB

Yeah Lexi, that looks nice. Between that and yesterday's video, thinking I #shouldvegonetoBridger.

Quote Originally Posted by scrambledbacon View Post
    Thinking I'll head to BB tomorrow and would be happy to take you up for a lap. Do you have a transceiver?

Maybe Spud will join and we'll have potatoes and bacon

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    Yeah Lexi, that looks nice. Between that and yesterday's video, thinking I #shouldvegonetoBridger.

Thinking I'll head to BB tomorrow and would be happy to take you up for a lap. Do you have a transceiver?

Maybe Spud will join and we'll have potatoes and bacon
    Indeed I do.
    Pm inbound

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

scrambledbacon has posted worthy pics in the Ullr thread, plus Gepeto sent me a PM vouching for him.

scrambled: if you make it down to the Really Big Resort on Wednesday there will be several mags on the hill (including me) who can show you around from mild to wild terrain. My specialty is the mild end, but bring gear and we can hook you up with the high altitude mags and send you up into the gnar.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

7am report: light winds, 3/32 of an inch fresh, temp +13F

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    scrambledbacon has posted worthy pics in the Ullr thread, plus Gepeto sent me a PM vouching for him.

scrambled: if you make it down to the Really Big Resort on Wednesday there will be several mags on the hill (including me) who can show you around from mild to wild terrain. My specialty is the mild end, but bring gear and we can hook you up with the high altitude mags and send you up into the gnar.

Mucho appreciado Alcalde Harry
    Not gonna air dirty laundry but I'm workin on convincing the 2 with me to make the drive down

Currently waitin for swimmy at saddle peak
    Legs are cooked. Doin my best to not get stoopid

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200114_123526.jpeg 
Views:	81 
Size:	131.4 KB 
ID:	310603

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

Nice morning, I suck, now dumping, but I gotta work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200114_091224 (1).jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	310610

Big Sky got the avalanche control work done early enough to open most lifts (not the tram). Decent refresh of snow overnight and this morning so the skiing was great. Visited Necropolis shack while skiing Sheddy. Wanker Wednesday should have superior conditions.

Name:  Necropolis.JPG
Views: 681
Size:  141.6 KBName:  Necropolis Quarterboard.JPG
Views: 677
Size:  128.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    Here's a helpful guide you can keep on your phone. Happy trails!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4j...w?usp=drivesdk
    The guidebook Stepping Up is also available for purchase on the Rakkup app for your phone. https://stepping-up.net/
    But the best, by far, is to find a local mag to show you around and explain some of the Ridge etiquette. Be sure to give thanks and praises.

Met up with bacon and his friends for an afternoon sesh. Took 'em over to Slushman's for an intro into some of Bridger's classic terrain.

I think it is safe to say they were diggin' it

Wanker Wednesday driveway report: zero fresh, unlimited visibility, no wind, temp 0F.

I will be there at 9am for first chair, not sure how long I will last at these temps.

Freeride Systems jacket, ask for change.

At 7:30 it is 6*F, no wind and 1/64 of an inch of fresh snow at 6800 feet. Judging by the bright moon it should be sunny today. Will be out around 9:00 AM in blue parka and carhartt brown bibs will likely be on Sheddy and Dakota later in the morning to work on my goggle tan.