Page 370 of 402 FirstFirst ... 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 ... LastLast
Results 9,226 to 9,250 of 10046
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    South of Big Sky in the Park. Bacon Rind to be more specific if you are familiar with the area.

The snowpack is junk.
    Actually thought of heading down there yesterday, glad to see I didnít miss anything.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4402.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	309236

No Harry, no Djongo and no Bunion 2020 sightings today, but the fresh snow in the morning was welcome. The BS visitors must be gone or heading out as lift lines were short for a change.

Djongo is supposed to be meeting me to drop into the Mr K chute tomorrow morning. Anyone else want "in" or to record let me know. Off to wax my red skis.

meanwhile in Missoula
    https://www.firsttracksonline.com/20...n-this-winter/

OCTOBER 16, 2016 8:00 AM FIRST TRACKS!! ONLINE MEDIA LEAVE A COMMENT
    Missoula, MT Ė Weather delays have forced the operators of Montana Snowbowl to push the opening of the ski areaís new chairlift to the top of TV Mountain back by a year.

The new lift was originally scheduled to debut this winter along with several new ski runs, opening up a new summit and 1,100 new acres to skiers and riders at the resort near Missoula. But wet and muddy conditions have slowed construction activity to a halt, says ski area manager Pat McKay, who assured that the new lift would indeed open next winter..."

Based on this dateline, Pat's assurance that the Lavelle chair would be fixed in two weeks means opening January 17, 2022.
    Ullr is pissed

We shipped our boy out this afternoon and can confirm a heavy skier exodus out of BZN.

I did a pre- meetup reconn of the K chute and was utterly blown away. That thang is gnarly. It actually scared me for a second. I backed away. I have a whole new appreciation for the genuine sick lines that the Big offers.
    I am not sure my new configuration is strong enough for the jump-heli turns that pitch is gonna require. I am seriously considering some shorter sticks.

Back home now, gotta tend to life and shize. Ski you mags next lap.

Sorry all, the 2020 business season begins for me tomorrow, spent a lot of time today chained to my PC finishing maps and updates.

Good to ski with ya yesterday Tall. Lets do it again when it snows. Forecast looks classic dirty ridge Big Sky, 2-6" every day for the next week.
    Ooof!

Always a good time when Djongo comes to town. Dude is what TGR is all about. Good friends.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Went further south towards West Yellowstone today. Little more snow in this zone and it was fun laying down our own skin track.

Dug several more pits and again found depth hoar. In one of my pits I got propagation, in another X.

So knowing we had poor structure and a weak snowpack, we once again opted to stay out of avalanche terrain.

But the snow was fantastic and we still had a fun day spreading the butter.

Oh and yesterday there was a huge slide on Buck Ridge. D3, 1500' wide and broke 4-6 feet deep on the depth hoar. Partially buried two snowmobilers but no one was seriously injured.

This was near where we've been the past few days and why we opted to stay out of avalanche terrain. Be safe out there.

You guys are wankers

Wanker says what?
    Ooof!

Quote Originally Posted by 0g View Post
    You guys are wankers
    Thatís just, like, your opinion, man.

I'm still new here so can't speak for others. But I'm a wanker and have no shame

The afternoon wanker report: wind overnight firmed up the snow enough that some describe the conditions as "icy", but the holiday visitors are gone and lifts were ski on. Powder was to be had in the usual places and the wind buffed spots provided some nice turns too.

Sure would be nice if more terrain opened on the peak because I've done enough laps on Liberty Bowl this season to last me awhile. I guess I'll probably come down Wednesday-Thursday regardless and keep my fingers crossed for some openings.

Looks like Wednesday is my day this week. Anyone want to meet up and spin a few laps?

Talisman?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Wednesday-Thursday.
    Iíll see you Wednesday for first chair.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I will be down for a while on Wed. but it will be groomers with a Gimp.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Sure would be nice if more terrain opened on the peak because I've done enough laps on Liberty Bowl this season to last me awhile. I guess I'll probably come down Wednesday-Thursday regardless and keep my fingers crossed for some openings.
    I would not count on much else for a while, there is an avalanche cycle in progress.

Name:	Rodeo 1-4-20.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	254.6 KB 
ID:	309429Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hanging Valley 1-4-20.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	803.1 KB 
ID:	309430

Walking on eggshells wanker.
    Ooof!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post

Walking on eggshells wanker.
    Holy sheet. Nuts!

Harry, I won't be rolling in till 10:30 or so on Wed. Gotta drop the kids at school and then drive down. Will look for you. Thursday first chair though if anybody is around. Green Marmot jacket, black pack. Usually line up at Ram8 these days for fresh cord or cow pow, do a few laps before heading to the bowl and tram. Hope to see some of you wankers on the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post

Name:	Rodeo 1-4-20.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	254.6 KB 
ID:	309429
    That looks spicy!

Oh and yesterday there was a huge slide on Buck Ridge. D3, 1500' wide and broke 4-6 feet deep on the depth hoar. Partially buried two snowmobilers but no one was seriously injured.

This was near where we've been the past few days and why we opted to stay out of avalanche terrain. Be safe out there.

Thatís crazy. I was a snowmobile rental mental bubblehead up there on the 29th. Definitely was not high marking...trying not get stuck cutting turns in flat powder was more my speed.

Looks like Wednesday is my day this week. Anyone want to meet up and spin a few laps?

Talisman?
    I will be out mid/late morning on Wanker Wednesday and it would be good to connect again. We might even have fresh snow.

I'm still new here so can't speak for others. But I'm a wanker and have no shame
    Great emoticon

BB buttery smooth this morning.

Name:	DSC02195.JPG 
Views:	180 
Size:	341.5 KB 
ID:	309523

Big results today above the Bowl. Looks like part of 2nd gully through 6th to the ground.

Run report has a lot of avalanche terrain closed and for good reason.
    Ooof!