Page 409 of 892 FirstFirst ... 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,225 of 22283
    Next year's season pass options are up:

https://bigskyresort.com/seasonpass

Gold is $1699 and includes base ikon.

Next tier down only gives 7 tram days.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Looks like they lost money on the Bronze pass. I know I've made good use of it..

Watching the Freeride comp on BRT is fun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2557.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	318958

Name:	IMG_2558.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	318959

Name:	IMG_2559.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	318960

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

$1699? JFC.

That breaks it for me, fuck them. I have had a pass there since 1991.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

New business In the areaClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200305_163026.jpeg 
Views:	155 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	319002

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    New business In the area
    Gotta pay for the gold pass somehow.

No mid week pass is a big FU to residents IMO

Fuckers...making me pay an extra ~$200 for exactly what I DON'T need, an Ikon base pass. I don't have any time or money to travel to any of those places.

The Flex 5 would probably work okay for the wife and kids. The teenagers just don't have as much time to ski these days anyway. Plus all the included December and April skiing actually works pretty well with their sports schedules. We could get our money's worth out of that for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    No mid week pass is a big FU to residents IMO
    Also, the astronomically priced gold pass is the only one that lets you ski the tram on all of your ski days. They're trying to mitigate the tram line for their high dollar vacationers by keeping the locals away.

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    Didn't everybody already move here after that powder magazine story about this shithole being the best ski town in North America?

What the fuck do all you guys log on here for, to be the internet pow stash police? For Christ sake, there is nothing secret about Montana anymore, get over it. It was sold out long before TGR forums even exsisted, and will be continued to be marketed by local businesses and ski areas as "the last best place" with over 350, 400 inches of "cold smoke", and "no lift lines" with "untracked for days after the storm" touted in every major ski publication the world over, and all the rest of the b.s. about rugged individualism, "extreme skiing" and cowboys, so what the fuck is the problem? Go complain to all the marketers in numerous industries that work day and night year round to try and convince people to spend their vacations in this bumfuck shithole instead of Colorado or Utah. Go complain to the Governor or the Chamber of Commerce or something.

Some people spend time on the forums because they love skiing and want to help each other out/meet up/discuss conditons, weather, snowpack, bitch about the fact that it sucks balls right now, whatever. Y'all should start a new thread about how butthurt you are that some Joeys beat you to your gay little stash one weekend last year, or about how that line on Slushmans really wouldn't be that long if nobody ever spoke of how rad Saddle Peak was on TGR.

Or, you could just go to the state line nearest you and set up a Checkpoint. Ask all newcomers for their papers, make sure to turn back the Midwestern Hoards, the Portland Posers, and especially the Vermonters.
    Ow, I'm just sittin here!

The Tram's been dead to me for 2 seasons now. I basically don't ski at Big Sky anymore because of it. I don't think I'm the only one. Lot of "random dudes I used to always see at Big Sky" that are now "random dudes I always see at Bridger Bowl."

I will be one of them next season.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Hard to see the place transform from a sleepy locals hill to a mega resort so fast, but I never understood how it kept the lifts spinning and lights on with so few skiers. I guess it was bound to happen someday!

A lot of locals are complaining about tram overcrowding, mostly because of Ikon. But looking at the season pass options - everything outside of gold looks to be restricting tram access.

It seems to me the way to eliminate complaints is to eliminate the people who complain?

edit - I see elesquiador already pointed this out above

The shack tours will be shorter at BB but you’ll have an extra $1k in your wallet.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Hate to say I saw this coming, but I was just talking with a friend the other day and we discussed how the mountain was going to "force our hand." Either assimilate and shut your mouth or go ski somewhere else.

Next years passes are RFID "implants"

Glad I got a Bronze pass when I did. What about the Montana pass? Is that gone as well, or do they just randomly announce it?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

As much as a tone post makes me sad, I gotta say the irony of certain people complaining is..well..ironic(ikonic?). Keep finding your happy place peoples.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    I gotta say the irony of certain people complaining is..well..ironic(ikonic?).
    Lots of complaining last year in March too. See you in tram line.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Lots of complaining last year in March too. See you in tram line.
    Nah. I can't afford that line anymore. I was more of a dawn patrol jack ck. Fan mtn kinda guy but now I'm just getting old. I'll see myself out before I get to be skidog posting in the Utah thread(although I still live in montana..)

Wife and I finally pulled the plug and we're giving up on Bozeman. But we'll be back to visit with our new Ikon passes next year!

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    New business In the areaClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200305_163026.jpeg 
Views:	155 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	319002
    maybe my soon to b satellite office
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

I can't fault Big Sky. Even though they continue to raise prices business is booming.

So great news, we'll charge you more money for an even shittier product!!

Quote Originally Posted by elesquiador View Post
    Next year's season pass options are up:

https://bigskyresort.com/seasonpass

Gold is $1699 and includes base ikon.

Next tier down only gives 7 tram days.

never seen an operator with such schzitzo pricig tendencies from year to year ......almost childlike,...... obviously this scheme is a slap in face for price conscious people that move into the area who have made a commitment to grow roots both new amd old, ,.....further, makes the pushback against bs ownership/ management, ive witnessed seem warranted.....i guess the first scam i saw and red flag was amount of hoa dues at shoshone... the rich and their toys .....mayb wuflu leads to regime change .....altho i guess uber wealth can ride out storms..... fta
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....