Page 470 of 891 FirstFirst ... 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 ... LastLast
Results 11,726 to 11,750 of 22274
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    1.) Admitted we were powerless over Pow and that our lives had become too gnarly.
    This hits really close to home right now. I have been hurt seriously on the bike three times in the last year, and it is because I am addicted to going balls out. My riding is no longer manageable...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    1.) Admitted we were powerless over Pow and that our lives had become too gnarly.
    Kinda. Been pretty down in the dumps over shit going on in the world and figured unfettered access to roam Lone Mountain this winter could only help. Still planning on lots of days at the Mom n Pop areas too.

Also requested a refund on my Mountain Collective pass today. Just can't see myself wanting to travel this year, plus no access to Canadian resorts. That helped soften the financial blow of the upgrade. And BS was nice enough to still grant me early season pricing too, that was cool.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    This hits really close to home right now. I have been hurt seriously on the bike three times in the last year, and it is because I am addicted to going balls out. My riding is no longer manageable...
    This is the last 20ish years of my life. I think it is for most of us on here.

Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    If there's one ski area I'd trust to get it right...
    This.

I'm worried every skier/snowboarder/parent/racer/coach/arm-chair QB will find something wrong with Bridger's plan, even if they get it as *right* as humanly possible.

There will be sacrifices for ALL users.

Hopefully we can get over whatever bitches we may have and appreciate what lift-served we can get and all the hard work that is going into making it possible.

Keeping fingers crossed.

And a La Nina in the forecast.

https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/produc...ensodisc.shtml

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p.gif 
Views:	67 
Size:	356.5 KB 
ID:	340357

Quote Originally Posted by East2West View Post
    Nothing to see yet.
    Whats up with the cryptic statements? Do you know something or just talking out of your ass?
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Quote Originally Posted by nest View Post
    Whats up with the cryptic statements? Do you know something or just talking out of your ass?
    As of now there will be a reservation system put in place. I don’t have details on how it will be implemented.

Pulled the trigger.

Flex 5 for early and late with 5 days of dealers choice and a BB Mid-week for in between. Still leaves around 4-5 Franklin's for the little areas road trips.

BB is still working to figure it out. It is what it will be.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

As of now there will be a reservation system put in place. I don’t have details on how it will be implemented.
    Thanks. Hopefully for day tickets only. As lexi-bell stated above - I really do trust the BB braintrust to have the best interest of locals at heart.

Any idea on when they'll be publicly announcing the reservation system?

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    Any idea on when they'll be publicly announcing the reservation system?
    I imagine soon since the website was supposed to update snowsports lesson info today.

Source?

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi-Bell View Post
    Source?
    Staff

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 8.59.20 PM.png
Views: 1021
Size:  541.2 KB
    Found a nalgene in beehive sitting up on the ridge, looks like it's been there since last winter. There were enough stickers on it for someone to want it back. DM if it's yours.

Also, what's up with the early access at BS? Is this new?
    "Early Access, a new unguided first tracks program, will allow guests to load Ramcharger 8 at 8 a.m. (one hour before public access) to get a head start on the ski day while providing an additional opportunity for guests to disperse throughout the mountain, alleviating base area congestion in the mornings."

^^ I’m sure they will price it accordingly and scrape up a bit of profits. Can’t imagine it being for any runs besides the intermediate stuff off Ram and Swifty and Wolf

Bridger limiting day of lift ticket sales seems more realistic than a reservation system affecting pass holders. Not to mention Bridger is currently selling passes that provide “unlimited skiing all season”. Implementing a reservation system after advertising that all summer seems likely a legal quandary

Quote Originally Posted by Ted26 View Post
    Bridger limiting day of lift ticket sales seems more realistic than a reservation system affecting pass holders. Not to mention Bridger is currently selling passes that provide “unlimited skiing all season”. Implementing a reservation system after advertising that all summer seems likely a legal quandary
    You’re probably right...

https://bridgerbowl.com/pdfs/covid/community-letter

Name:  Screenshot_2020-09-15 community-letter.png
Views: 1549
Size:  81.0 KB

You can still cancel/defer if you don't like whatever their plan is.

I have been hearing those same rumors of a reservations system for a while and not from bar talk but from people sitting in those meetings.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

WWTD? What would Turk do?
    Last edited by nest; 09-16-2020 at 12:00 AM.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    ^^ I’m sure they will price it accordingly and scrape up a bit of profits. Can’t imagine it being for any runs besides the intermediate stuff off Ram and Swifty and Wolf
    I'm guessing it's only Ramcharger and not any of the good stuff in the shade. Just to pull people from the base area early.

Quote Originally Posted by nest View Post
    WWTD? What would Turk do?
    Nut up and go ski???

We are about to get a demonstration between the 2 differing takes on how Recreation and a Pandemic work together.

Measured, cautious and conservative VS Cowboy up, go for it & wtf could go wrong?

Opening days are still a 60+ days and an election away. Between schools reopening and flu season ramping up its anti-bodies(sic) guess how this will play out.

My gut reaction to the Big Sky operating plan was "there really is no plan. If you don't want to get sick, stay home" ...which I guess is fair to say.

In reality, whatever restrictions/safety measures that are put in place at any resort big or small will be enforced by seasonal employees who probably don't get paid enough to give a shit.

agreed, the bs plan looks a lot like we'll see what happens. I'm kinda at that point too.

I'll just take comfort in the enso forecast and the thought of a lot of new MT residents getting jumped in with a real winter.

Big Sky may be banking on the fact that air travel is still way down at about 50%, lots of families won't want to fly this winter, and because BS is not easily driveable from any major population center, numbers will naturally self-regulate in a downward direction. Time will tell if that's true. My biggest concern is whether Swifty will survive another season.

driveable? holy shit main street was awash in out of state plates all summer.