Page 289 of 892 FirstFirst ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,225 of 22279
    That is the epitome of Big Sky in so many ways. I love the mountain and the skiing and the people, shit like that just makes me smile and love it all the more.

Skiing with the family at BS this month for the first time. My kids are 6 & 9...we've never been and wondered if anyone would have recommendations on a family guide for one day to learn the mountain? Either one that works for BS or someone that is independent (if that's allowed there). We can all ski blues. We're not high maintenance either. My kids are very well behaved, relatively speaking.

Thank you in advance.

The level of IKON butthurt from big sky is pretty funny. Still smug about your go back to Bridger stickers?

-12F at my house in Helena this a.m. Turned into a nice sunny, yet cold, day. Perfect for a short reprieve from work to do a quick tour from my house up Mt Ascension.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	compress1.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	693.4 KB 
ID:	272262

Name:	compress2.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	743.1 KB 
ID:	272263

Name:	compress4.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	412.9 KB 
ID:	272268

Name:	compress3.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	468.8 KB 
ID:	272269

Quote Originally Posted by Noobski View Post
    Skiing with the family at BS this month for the first time. My kids are 6 & 9...we've never been and wondered if anyone would have recommendations on a family guide for one day to learn the mountain? Either one that works for BS or someone that is independent (if that's allowed there). We can all ski blues. We're not high maintenance either. My kids are very well behaved, relatively speaking.
    Big Sky has mountain ambassadors that provide free tours. The tours leave from Swift Current lift at 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM. That would be a good place to start and the price is right. The ski school could provide a tour/lesson for all day, but it will be expensive. Honestly the trail map is pretty good for intermediate level skiers and those level trails are clearly marked. I have heard some intermediate complain about the blue trails at Shedhorn and Dakota "too many moguls" and "this is a groomed blue?" type remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    -12F at my house in Helena this a.m. Turned into a nice sunny, yet cold, day. Perfect for a short reprieve from work to do a quick tour from my house up Mt Ascension.

Name:	compress1.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	693.4 KB 
ID:	272262

Name:	compress2.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	743.1 KB 
ID:	272263

Name:	compress4.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	412.9 KB 
ID:	272268

Name:	compress3.jpg 
Size:	468.8 KB 
ID:	272269
    Skiing from town in Helena..fucking awesome. That was one of the weirdest, most amazing storm cycles I can remember in 20+ years of skiing in SW Montana. Peak to highway laps out from the backdoor in Dudley today!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^^Yeah that's cool 3Pin. I saw a bunch of nice ski tracks on Mt. Helena the other day. This February was brutal in Helena, all that shoveling and snowblowing seriously took it out of me after awhile, not to mention it was cold as shit. I'd go to Big Sky and it would be 25 or 30 degrees, then get back home to -10. Weather channel app says tonight it's getting down to 24 below zero... Better stuff that woodstove before bed. Thankfully we will see a gradual warmup this week.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    ^^Yeah that's cool 3Pin. I saw a bunch of nice ski tracks on Mt. Helena the other day. This February was brutal in Helena, all that shoveling and snowblowing seriously took it out of me after awhile, not to mention it was cold as shit. I'd go to Big Sky and it would be 25 or 30 degrees, then get back home to -10. Weather channel app says tonight it's getting down to 24 below zero... Better stuff that woodstove before bed. Thankfully we will see a gradual warmup this week.
    It's been a cold one in Helena for sure, wood stove is cranking as I type!

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Big Sky has mountain ambassadors that provide free tours. The tours leave from Swift Current lift at 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM. That would be a good place to start and the price is right. The ski school could provide a tour/lesson for all day, but it will be expensive. Honestly the trail map is pretty good for intermediate level skiers and those level trails are clearly marked. I have heard some intermediate complain about the blue trails at Shedhorn and Dakota "too many moguls" and "this is a groomed blue?" type remarks.
    Thank you. That's very helpful.

Wow, what a day. This place has some Sustained! steeps, and I’m on the easy stuff. Got in two tram runs - morning into gullies and late afternoon otter into marx/Lennon. Skied hard skiers left in headwaters and took multiple laps on challenger. Probably had the most fun on challenger as the snow was buffed out so nicely. Thank god I had a backup full face gore mask as that was the only way I could ski a full day and not have my face fall off. Obligatory photo from spaceship Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2377.JPG 
Size:	173.3 KB 
ID:	272423

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

OFL = cold as fuck

(displays this when less then -20F, currently -28F at the nearest station to me in Helena according to Wunderground)

Name:	cold.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	612.5 KB 
ID:	272444

-19 here in 4 corners, but sunny as hell & no wind.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Bitmap Image.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	272445

Found a cold pocket in the valley on the way to school.

^^^ getting ready to drive to Livingston, -51 F wind chill.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...-best-ski-pass

In October, Alterra invited leaders of the continent’s largest non-Vail resorts to New York City’s Gansevoort hotel. Their pitch was, “If you won’t let us buy you, honor our season pass, and we’ll split the revenue even-steven.” Under the partnership agreements, a resort would be paid for each day a skier swiped her Ikon Pass—either a negotiated fee or a “blended rate” based on how many Ikon days were tallied over the course of a winter. Stephen Kircher, president of Boyne Resorts, which owns nine properties spread from Maine to Oregon, says the offer went over well, particularly among ski areas that had been fending off Vail for years. “I emailed them within about eight seconds,” he says.
    IKON bitch all I want, this is the future.

stay warm guys.

glad I got the "warm week" with only -10 to 0

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    ^^^ getting ready to drive to Livingston, -51 F wind chill
    Headed the wrong way! Not a puff of wind, sunny and a sultry -5*F here at 6800 ft at the really big.

I will be down tomorrow for a little work and a lot of ski.

I will be down tomorrow for a little work and a lot of ski.
    Give me a shout if you want to ski a few laps tomorrow. Will be out on a snow shoes this morning, but working most of the day today.

Sounds good, I have a pre-construction meeting in Bozeman but don't know when and then I have to spend some time in S/P and way down Jack Creek. I should be good for some laps in between or at the end. I have your digits. Kinninick is supposed to be on the hill Tues-Thursday and I am going to hook up with them as well. Mini-summit.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

My GF didn’t click with some 172 Blizzard Sheeva 11’s (“rustler” platform at 112 underfoot). Mounted with some Griffon demos. One deep gauge (non core) that I fixed and some superficial. Going to put up on GS tomorrow but thought I would post here first if any of you mags have lady friends in need of what looks like a ripping powder ski. PM for pics (of the skis).

Last edited by Sledzski; 03-04-2019 at 09:05 PM.

Sounds good, I have a pre-construction meeting in Bozeman but don't know when and then I have to spend some time in S/P and way down Jack Creek. I should be good for some laps in between or at the end. I have your digits. Kinninick is supposed to be on the hill Tues-Thursday and I am going to hook up with them as well. Mini-summit.
    Sounds like a busy day with lots of driving around. Ping me even if it is for S/P powder on your "private" line.

Big Sky must be responsible for half the p Tex sales in the United States

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

On my way this morning, looking forward to the Tram runs as I havent been since that went in. Hopefully get together with NB. Anyone else up for some laps?

Harry?

Talisman?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    On my way this morning, looking forward to the Tram runs as I havent been since that went in. Hopefully get together with NB. Anyone else up for some laps?

Harry?

Talisman?
    Today I have some morning and afternoon work commitments, but may get out around noon. Bright and clear for long views from the summit.