Page 290 of 891 FirstFirst ... 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... LastLast
Results 7,226 to 7,250 of 22264
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    On my way this morning, looking forward to the Tram runs as I havent been since that went in. Hopefully get together with NB. Anyone else up for some laps?

Harry?

Talisman?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I think Harry is in Florida.

I will be down there around noon thirty. My Cell in in a PM to ya.

If I remember correctly there's an abandoned double lift at Moonlight over by Trapline or the pond. It doesn't look like it's on any historical trail maps. Anyone know the history?
    Last edited by lotharofthehillpeople; 03-05-2019 at 05:25 PM.

Just looking at the webcams and it appears Ramcharger is not loading (although it is spinning), and also it says the tram is down? Anybody got any idea what's up with that?

Edit: Looks like Ram8 is loading now but tram is still down according to the website...
    Last edited by yeahman; 03-05-2019 at 02:46 PM.

They had all sorts of lift problems today, beautiful day and broken lifts all over the fucking mountain.

If I remember correctly there's an abandoned double lift at Moonlight over by Trapline or the pond. It doesn't look like it's on any historical trail maps. Anyone know the history?
    If it is what I think you are talking about, that is just 2 towers and a hunk of haul rope with a couple of chairs hanging. It is for Lift Evac practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    They had all sorts of lift problems today, beautiful day and broken lifts all over the fucking mountain.
    That sucks. I noticed that right when Ram8 started loading again, Headwaters went down. At least they're keeping the website updated for us desk jockeys.

If it is what I think you are talking about, that is just 2 towers and a hunk of haul rope with a couple of chairs hanging. It is for Lift Evac practice.
    Interesting. I skied by that thing a few times the other day and kept glimpsing it through the trees, wondering wtf it was.

Yet another thing that I built and is now rotting away.

I rolled up to HW just as the lift ops supervisor guy was starting to try and figure it out. Could have been mechanical, could have been an inexperienced lift op who didn't know how to reset his lift.

It was just one of those days. Tomorrow will be better.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Neat! Thanks, NB! I had only ever caught glimpses of it and I kept thinking MLB isn't that old, how do they have an abandoned lift?

Tomorrow will be better.
    Would 23*F, no wind and 3+ inches of fresh snow at 6800 feet today be better? Spirit World must be holding the goods!

Snowbowl likes Big Sky to age their lifts a little longer before purchasing it on the used market. Adds patina and character.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Snowbowl likes Big Sky to age their lifts a little longer before purchasing it on the used market. Adds patina and character.
    Be careful what you wish for! Swifty was down for awhile this morning with a foot rest/safety bar partially torn off a chair. I am not sure how that happened, but certainly adds to the "patina and character" for this future Snowbowl lift.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSkyfan View Post
    Strange that the GM would have to write that. I wonder if Taylor will be adjusting pricing for BS season passes to make IKON passes more lovable? A $53 buddy pass would be a start.

I know if he kept pass prices steady or even dropped them a bit that would be huge for me. A family discount would be nice too. I mean a family of 4 can ski A-Basin all season for less than a grand. ALL FOUR PEOPLE! That's like 1/3 what it costs me.

Fat chance though. Just double the tram capacity and most people will be placated. It's really all about the tram line IMO.

I encourage every Big Sky season pass holder to e-mail Taylor and ask, what is in it for me?

I pay top dollar $ 1300.00+ for a seasons pass and WTF? Maybe if Boyne is serious about this, give me some IKON days with my pass so I can visit JHMR or Alta/Bird and help to crowd their slopes. Tmiddleton@bigskyresort.com
    Last edited by Not bunion; 03-06-2019 at 05:37 PM.

<snip> give me some IKON days with my pass so I can visit JHMR or Alta/Bird and help to crowd their slopes.
    I suspect that'll happen once Alterra gobbles up *all* the Boyne resorts. So be patient...

The editorial sucks. Sorry. I, like many others, moved to the area to ski at a place that was surely growing, but 60k people from one season to the next is just not right. It doesn't help the community. It stresses it beyond what can actually be realized by increased revenue for local businesses. The ONLY people who benefit are Boyne. Everyone else gets to work way harder for no increase in wage. Lifties, pass checkers, cashiers, etc are probably on the verge of losing their minds. You jump on a mega pass when you have 5 brand new lifts that all run smoothly and 100 brand new condos to sell. Not when the bulk of your lifts are stopped 10 times a day and there is next to no RE inventory.

Don't get me wrong, I love this place and came here hoping to at least have 3-5 years before the Colorado style greed machine took hold. I know we still have it better than most, and I'm late to the party, but growth was happening naturally as is. Why piss everyone off who actually lives nearby and buys regular season passes?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190306_165624.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	272846

lol.

Moves from CO to Big Sky.

Complains about "Coloradofication" of Big Sky.

Ironic... at least a little?

Damn Not bunion, I knew I should have taken a screen shot of your original post! lol

Too bad these poor people from the UK had their tender feelings hurt by a sticker, but I'm not sure Taylor's letter, as well as the recent letter from the GM of JHMR, are going to help. If anything the anti-Ikon people will be like, Hey, it's working, let's keep it up! Print more stickers!

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    lol.

Moves from CO to Big Sky.

Complains about "Coloradofication" of Big Sky.

Ironic... at least a little?

Some people stayed and embraced it. Others left and it came with us unfortunately. I guess northern ID is the last last best place now? How many years until assholes like me move to eastern Europe and ruin their ski areas?

That editorial sucks! Unless his goal was to make me hate the Ikon pass and Boyne. Then it was successful.

"Hey, we are making fat $$ off this pass. Too bad it sucks for you and is ruining the experience that brought you here. Keep it to yourself and be nice so we can make more $$."

If you want locals to be nice, be nice to the locals.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Some people stayed and embraced it. Others left and it came with us unfortunately. I guess northern ID is the last last best place now? How many years until assholes like me move to eastern Europe and ruin their ski areas?
    Why not Canada? I hear Marmot never has a lift line.

That editorial was basically saying, "This place was awesome when I moved here, but now we want to wreck it for everyone else so we can make an assload of money. Enjoy!"

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    That editorial was basically saying, "This place was awesome when I moved here, but now we want to wreck it for everyone else so we can make an assload of money. Enjoy!"
    You could've wrote that 10 years ago and it would still have been true(minus ikonification). This wave is just worse because it affects lift lines.

It was obviously a very self-serving editorial, but it's quite likely his ass is getting chewed by higher ups and he feels like he has to do something.

But since we're ragging on Big Sky, I'll take this opportunity to say THANKS to Big Sky for making another donation this year to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Helena, where my wife works. They are always very good about helping out with some comp passes, etc. So...good on them for that.