Page 364 of 890 FirstFirst ... 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 ... LastLast
Results 9,076 to 9,100 of 22244
    Bunion, that was a delight to read. Glad you found what you needed today on the hill. Looking forward to making some turns with you.

Whiteroom, that's awesome news. Pup must be thrilled to be back at home after a few days of walkabout.

Bunion,

Do what you gotta but I am grateful that you let me (a complete gaper at the big and otherwise) chase you around off the tram for a few laps one day. Hope to have the chance again.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Meanwhile skating stoke has been high around Helltown. Guess the dry days are good for something anyway.

I think it was XXX-er in another thread, who said "when the skiing isn't good the skating is, and vice versa" - soooo true.
    Why must I feel like that, why must I chase the cat?
    Nuthin' but the dog in me. George Clinton

It's official: new Swifty next summer. Bubble 6er.

https://liftblog.com/2019/12/20/big-...eat-chairlift/

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Pretty sure I'm the only person glad it's not dumping. No pass is fucking brutal. Soon hopefully.

Also, my friends 25lb dog spent the last few days alone in the forest up sourdough and was found alive today happy and tired from his 3 day adventure!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    I just happened to be at Sourdough yesterday and saw your friend and her dog returning to the parking lot. Amazing that it didn't get eaten by a mountain lion.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodgge View Post
    I just happened to be at Sourdough yesterday and saw your friend and her dog returning to the parking lot. Amazing that it didn't get eaten by a mountain lion.
    I thought for sure he was a goner. Luckily it wasn't super cold and snowing. I figured he wandered off and got wet in the creek or something or maybe someone snatched him up in the parking lot. Didn't think he could make it out there for 3 days. He is a res dog, so he's got some "street" in him I guess.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Swift Current 6 = 20/21 season, huh?

Over under on them not actually loading chairs until after the new year?

Out of all the bubble lifts they've put in, this is the only one I really am looking forward to. Having the bubble option on those long, cold Swifty rides will be nice.

Glad to hear the doggie got found.
    The only lion I’ve ever seen was up on the Mystic Lake Trail.
    Res dogs are definitely scrappy little survivors.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

RTR is offline Shumanitutonka Ob' Wachi
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmot or Fox View Post
    I am going to break my families hearts but I still have a few more seasons in me.
    This exactly the kind of news I needed after you scaring me with the possibility of your vacating the house next door. Glad you'll be around for a while longer, NoBu/MarNofx.
    Click here to increase your vocabulary.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Swift Current 6 = 20/21 season, huh?

Over under on them not actually loading chairs until after the new year?
    I received the email today, too. About damn time. Though I thought it was going to be an 8-person lift like Ram, no?
    In any case, glad to see it get some love.

Out of all the bubble lifts they've put in, this is the only one I really am looking forward to. Having the bubble option on those long, cold Swifty rides will be nice.
    YES! I spent several hours alone on Swifty on one particularly cold and very windy day. A mid-week day and as per usual, Swifty's guts ate itself and so I got to sit above the terrain park for a few hours while lift ops repaired the old gal. They eventually got her moving and I was met with a fistful of free tickets at the top, along with a resort credit, to which I immediately used at Dante's (or whatever it's called now) for an especially boozy hot toddy.

Anywhoooo... #sweetblogbro

Looking forward to getting back out there again this year.

New lifts often suffer from bugs until they are fully broken in. (Pun intended).

Big gamble, this being the only way to a lot of the mountain.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

New lifts often suffer from bugs until they are fully broken in. (Pun intended).

Big gamble, this being the only way to a lot of the mountain.
    I wonder if they'll wreck the fancy new power lines they put in for Ramcharger? That'd be rich.

Had a real nice late day Ridge walk this afternoon. It's low tide up there but up high the snow was surprisingly good.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4296.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	682.0 KB 
ID:	307004
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4296.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	682.7 KB 
ID:	307003  

Bump for the anniversary amd props to Bobcat Sig for starting this fine thread.

A lot has happened in 8 years

Rate This Thread: Most excellent

12-21-2011, 02:47 PM
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Bump for the anniversary amd props to Bobcat Sig for starting this fine thread.

A lot has happened in 8 years

Rate This Thread: Most excellent
    Agree that this has been a great thread and at over 1 million views is popular. My most important take away has been philosophical: "don't be a dick." Seems so easy, but not for me.

Just looked at the 10 day and nothing in the forecast. While the mtns have picked up a couple inches since Dec 1, we could go the entire month with no measurable precip here in town.

Insane.

Scrolled through the 1st 5 or so pages. So much in the way of memories. I forgot how shitty 2011/12 started off.

You skiing tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    Just looked at the 10 day and nothing in the forecast. While the mtns have picked up a couple inches since Dec 1, we could go the entire month with no measurable precip here in town.

Insane.
    I have some Ullr offerings I've been sitting on. May be time to provide alms as my visit nears...

You skiing tomorrow?
    I am planning to ski tomorrow once I complete some finish carpentry and set a toilet. Should be out by noon.

If you're interested in setting two more I have some work for you.

Two thumbs down is my initial assessment of the new day lodge. Cramped seating...generic...no wall space to throw a ski bag. Maybe it will grow on me. Maybe I'm grumpy because of the low tide skiing.

Anyone skied Mt Ellis yet this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's snow on Ellis?

I can't imagine it's skiable up there just yet.

Two thumbs down is my initial assessment of the new day lodge. Cramped seating...generic...no wall space to throw a ski bag. Maybe it will grow on me. Maybe I'm grumpy because of the low tide skiing.
    Is it worth the drive or should I go biking?