Page 472 of 891 FirstFirst ... 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 ... LastLast
Results 11,776 to 11,800 of 22262
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Dang that's some real crusty shit. BB is easily top ten ski area for terrain in NA. Personally it's in my top 3 for the US.
    Ditto. Usually all I have to do is go skiing somewhere else to remind me how good we have it here.

Yeah I've been away for a season and I still miss it, although I make trips back(BB not BS). Even when I get crusty about crowds etc I just remember that I almost always just hike and tour using lift access and it's pretty easy to get away from people although I get that's not some peoples jam. I mean aside from the morning lineup if you avoid the slushmans junk show it's pretty easy to avoid crowds. Or just roll the dice on the west side��.

I'm sure no one else is planning on just touring this season.....

Quote Originally Posted by rdhansss1998 View Post
    Bozeman took three years to completely turn me off from in-bounds skiing. Touring set-up will be popping with all of this extra $$$ that ain't going to big sky or bridger
    #1. Please try not to die.

#2. Kids these days have such a limited attention span. Just to encourage a discussion, how did Bozeman do that?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    #1. Please try not to die.
    I sure am glad I got my BC gnar hunting out of the way for the most part in my 20s and came out alive. One hell ride on the bed surface/depth hoar/rocks was enough for me.

Hippy pow is your friend. So are chair lifts and ski patrol working their balls off in negative temps to keep us alive.

I'm fairly jaded, and I would still say BB midweek is about as fun as resort skiing gets. Busy weekends suck, but I barely waited in a line last year midweek during the holiday period.

Yeah, midweek 3-5" days are about as good as it gets. Outside of epic powder days on the weekends, it's still never bad when you compare to Utah, Colorado, California.

Anyone know if Discovery Bike Park is open? Everything online is super vague about being open until Mid October. No update on their voicemail since the 11th. Nothing about a closure on facebook or instagram.

Any of you meatballs ( @Bunion 2020 ) wanna go ride part of the Alpine 7 with us? Maybe next weekend, but we're open.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Love to, playing golf with Richmond, Maleski and either his sweety or B. Williamson on Friday for my B-day. Other than that I have some openings on my calendar.

Vas is dis Alpine 7????
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

@Bunion 2020 it's up in the Swan Range. [Alpine #7 on Trailforks
    https://www.trailforks.com/trails/alpine-7-32784/]

And happy birthday in advance!

So jealous!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    So jealous!
    Aren't you injured?

Yup, that’s why I’m jealous!

But I’ll be road riding again this week.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

RTR is offline Shumanitutonka Ob' Wachi
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Anyone know if Discovery Bike Park is open? Everything online is super vague about being open until Mid October. No update on their voicemail since the 11th. Nothing about a closure on facebook or instagram.
    The Better Half was up at Georgetown Lake the weekend before this past one and went up to Disco to check it out and it was evidently a ghost town (I guess they close the gate at the bottom of the road?) so they hiked up just to see it. My guess is that if they were closed weekend after Labor Day then they're done for the season. Just a guess...
    Click here to increase your vocabulary.

Quote Originally Posted by RTR View Post
    The Better Half was up at Georgetown Lake the weekend before this past one and went up to Disco to check it out and it was evidently a ghost town (I guess they close the gate at the bottom of the road?) so they hiked up just to see it. My guess is that if they were closed weekend after Labor Day then they're done for the season. Just a guess...
    Never been to the Disco bike park, but I think it's accessed from the Philipsburg side, not the ski area base. https://goo.gl/maps/QRs41kgRf9LVaphj9

RTR is offline Shumanitutonka Ob' Wachi
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Never been to the Disco bike park, but I think it's accessed from the Philipsburg side, not the ski area base. https://goo.gl/maps/QRs41kgRf9LVaphj9
    Ah, interesting. Carry on, then, WRG...
    Click here to increase your vocabulary.

It’s open. Their IG posted a photo of a huge line yesterday. They’re open until the 11th, but will go the 18th or weather allows.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    It’s open. Their IG posted a photo of a huge line yesterday. They’re open until the 11th, but will go the 18th or weather allows.
    They got a separate IG for the bike park? What's the handle, I can't find it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    They got a separate IG for the bike park? What's the handle, I can't find it anywhere.
    IG is "discobikepark"

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    IG is "discobikepark"
    Thanks. That's funny because I searched that exact thing, except with spaces, and it didn't come up. Instagram search sucks.

Anyway, the place looks pretty cool, I might try to get down there with my daughter before they close for the season.

Been connecting with a lot of patrol friends. Both BB & BS.

Many are actively weighing the option to take a year away and see how things go.

These are Veteran patrollers who are considering the risks to themselves as well as bringing the Covid home to their families.

There were a shitload of trucks full of bikes in town this last weekend. With big sky bike park closing it will prob be super busy until they close. Fridays are the days to go from what I hear. Somehow still havent gotten up there to ride. And yes you access bike park from backside(rumsey road) and they plan on keeping it going until weather shuts them down.

Many are actively weighing the option to take a year away and see how things go.

These are Veteran patrollers who are considering the risks to themselves as well as bringing the Covid home to their families.
    Man I get that desire. I'm in Skool at RLM and wrestled with it. I ultimately decided I was in a strong enough position to be part of a solution/help do things right it would feel morally wrong to sit back and watch. I hope it doesn't bite me/fam in the ass.
    But I was "this close" to buying myself and the missus a pass this year.
    Our patrollers are mostly staunch nihilists and stoics in the Russian sense so I expect to see most of them back.

I don't blame them, not enough hazard pay in that line of work. Few friends that voly patrol are giving it the big "hell no" this season.

I'd be willing to bet most paid patrollers will step up in the end, same as most healthcare workers and first responders have. It's an important job and lives depend on them doing it, even if it is only for the sake of skiing. I definitely think they should try to negotiate for some additional hazard pay this season. Be interesting to see how it all shakes out.