Page 287 of 342 FirstFirst ... 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... LastLast
Results 7,151 to 7,175 of 8535
    Question for you locals. I am currently on a trip and am staying about 6 miles from Big Sky. We are supposed to check out of our place tomorrow morning and head to Jackson Hole. The skiing was amazing today with all the fresh snowfall. However, I am worried about the drive to Jackson since its snowed this much. Is there a possible route that we can take to get to Jackson and avoid any closed roads/passes? We are in a 4wd Expedition so not super worried about the roads just the route to get there. Any help would be appreciated!

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Thanks for the info NB. Seen some questionable bombholes in some of the videos I have been watching of headwaters airs. I know lily pad is the classic double. Have seen some people take Class 4 by linking up 2-3 small airs over the patches of rocks. Toad could be in the cards if it was just stupid deep. Saw a few people hit it last year. One kid caught a rock on take-off and basically lawn darted by accident. Luckily the landing was really soft and he was totally fine.

I have seen some video attempts at Class 6. Pretty sure that is something I would never touch. Not that I would ever do it, but out of curiosity has anyone ever sent Class 5?

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    So I heard pretty much nothing opened again today at the big? Tram, Sheddy and Dakota were closed all day yesterday. Today too? Hike closed all day today?

Quote Originally Posted by Parkinsteez View Post
    Question for you locals. I am currently on a trip and am staying about 6 miles from Big Sky. We are supposed to check out of our place tomorrow morning and head to Jackson Hole. The skiing was amazing today with all the fresh snowfall. However, I am worried about the drive to Jackson since its snowed this much. Is there a possible route that we can take to get to Jackson and avoid any closed roads/passes? We are in a 4wd Expedition so not super worried about the roads just the route to get there. Any help would be appreciated!
    As of right now, any road that would take you there is closed. Both of these sites are useful:

https://hb.511.idaho.gov/#roadReport...%2CotherStates
    http://roadreport.mdt.mt.gov/travinfomobile/

Unrelated: anybody hear anything about a slide on the west side of the Bridgers today, opposite PK at BB?

Everything opened for awhile at least except the tram. The whole hike was open for a minute and then was eventually pulled back to even the lift being closed by 1230 or so. Sheddy and Dakota opened late morning not sure if they made it to close or not.

Tram opened. Marx Lenin Liberty until 1 or so then Liberty only until the end of the day. So did shedhorn and Dakota. Hike was open on roughly the same timeline. Challenger was on and off wind hold. So much pow.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post
    Tram opened. It was walk on all day. Havenít seen that in a while. Marx Lenin Liberty until 1 or so then Liberty only until the end of the day. So did shedhorn and Dakota. Hike was open on roughly the same timeline. Challenger was on and off wind hold. So much pow.

I fucking suck at using this app.

had a fun day sliding around solo. Got pushed around due to on/off lift shutdowns, but was good to explore.

Dakota was great, opened 12:30? I lapped it 1-2:30

Off to disco tomorrow and lost trail on Thus

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    So those were "Your" tracks in my stash?
    Probably, but I took the sally line.

36 year old from BZN died in the West Bridger slide.....

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    Suck man, it's been a crap year regarding avy deaths. RIP

He was a very good dude. This one is hitting hard. FKNA. Iíll miss you brother.

^^Vibes for the loss of your friend. Condolences to the family.

Just learned the name through a mag friend.

Fuck. Bridger Bowl Family will mourn this one for a while.

He was indeed a very good dude. One of the best skiers I've ever had the privilege of sharing turns with.
    PE, Mechanical Engineering
    University of Bridger Bowl Alumnus
    Alpental Creeper

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    One of the best skiers I've ever had the privilege of sharing turns with.
    Yaaaaah-hoooo Ripper, bummer deal

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Just learned the name through a mag friend.

Fuck. Bridger Bowl Family will mourn this one for a while.

He was indeed a very good dude. One of the best skiers I've ever had the privilege of sharing turns with.
    Dammit.

https://www.mtavalanche.com/node/20206
    Last edited by Not bunion; 02-27-2019 at 06:59 AM.

Ugh.

Changing the subject:

11 inches, temp +11F, poor viz
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Changing the subject:

11 inches, temp +11F, poor viz
    Speaking of poor vis, what do you guys use for goggles? I cannot see shit in low light and bought oakley flight decks 2 years ago (clear) and have not been too impressed. Any new stuff out there that does well around these parts? Thinking of switching to Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffney10 View Post
    Speaking of poor vis, what do you guys use for goggles? I cannot see shit in low light and bought oakley flight decks 2 years ago (clear) and have not been too impressed. Any new stuff out there that does well around these parts? Thinking of switching to Smith
    I use some sort of Smith lens that is supposed to be good in flat light, but it really is not. the bottom line is that nothing really works well. Flat light is flat light...
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I use some sort of Smith lens that is supposed to be good in flat light, but it really is not. the bottom line is that nothing really works well. Flat light is flat light...
    Curious what lens? I have both chromapop storm rose and storm yellow and they both kill it in flat light. I do understand that the flat light off the tram is on a diff level. White on white on white is gnarly up there.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

I noticed the PNW crew at Alpy seemed completely impervious to low vis conditions

Personally I have Electric EG2s with a range of lenses. The goggles can be had for around $60 with two lenses, extra lenses cost around $20-25 (when you find deals). Going strong for years. Bright green -> light blue -> rose chrome -> brown chrome which I almost only use in the Spring and in Tahoe.
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 02-27-2019 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    I noticed the PNW crew at Alpy seemed completely impervious to low vis conditions

Personally I have Electric EG2s with a range of lenses. The goggles can be had for around $60 with two lenses, extra lenses cost around $20-25 (when you find deals). Going strong for years.
    We have more foggy flat light days than not.

Iím still dismayed and bummed we never made turns together.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    We learn to just ski with soft knees and aim for known landmarks while hoping for the best. Not always the best strategy, have ended up mistakenly airborne or finding an abrupt transition more than a few times.