Page 277 of 342 FirstFirst ... 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,925 of 8531
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. I don’t have an Ikon pass but just spent over a week around Jackson/targhee/big sky and all the generalizations about Ikon passholders from Colorado are getting pretty tired. Apparently we’re all hacks who have never skied rowdy terrain before . News flash: we aren’t all beaters in CO. It sucks that a few of them give us all a bad rep. I do feel bad that your lift lines are longer however, that would piss me off too.

That being said, I love your mountain it’s retarded fun
    Easy there Butch. There is a lot of latitude in the IKON/MC/Epic gene pool. A big segment cannot seem to grasp the fact that you don't stand in front of the openings to the mazes. That is my pet peeve.

Aside from that there is a sizeable % who are good skiers and because of that they gravitate to Expert terrain. I have chatted up a fair # of these folks and they are for the most part nice, friendly and interested in skiing.

Part of the whole Colorado thing here in particular is that a lot of people moved here from Colorado to get away from that scene. In the past 5 years or so (well before IKON was a dirty word) there has been an influx of Green Plates from Colorado.

Again not a big deal but a % of them would want to tell you how fucking great Colorado is and all that making you want to ask them, well, why did you move here then?

Bozeman is growing fast, this is just another symptom along with more crowded roads and less affordable housing.

Anyway, glad you had a good time here, please tell everyone else it sucks but you are welcome back anytime.

If the influx hadnít happened literally from one season to the next it wouldnít be so noticeable.

Ive been here less than 10 years and watched it become busier over my short time here, but the Ikon influx is crazy, itís hard not to talk about. I bet our daily skier visits are double the number of skier visits over the same day last season, and Iíd make that bet for over 75% of total days of operation. Maybe more.

I think itís great, come here, spend money, and Iíll figure out how to get some of it.

Just drive the speed limit and maybe donít buy a second home.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

I believe it. I would way rather live in Bozeman but my wife canít move her business. Iíve been traveling north to ski since I moved to Colorado in the early 90s. Donít get me wrong, parts of Colorado are great, thereís just nothing near the front range that can even come close to big sky. If the decision was purely about skiing I would have moved a long time ago. Instead I have to travel to get to really good skiing, unfortunately there are a lot of other coloradoans in the same boat. Donít worry I tell them all that itís too rocky and cold up there.

Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post
    donít buy a second home.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1549826613.123343.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	692.4 KB 
ID:	269069
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

but the Ikon influx is crazy, it’s hard not to talk about. I bet our daily skier visits are double the number of skier visits over the same day last season, and I’d make that bet for over 75% of total days of operation. Maybe more.

That is a phenomena being repeated all over the big Ski areas, from Colorado to Utah to Wyoming to Montana etc. I think these Pass Aggregators may totally change the way people pay for skiing. I could see a pass that is good at every ski area in the US/CA/SA/JP & Europe in the not too distant future. Just a matter of the ski areas deciding what a day at their area is worth if you buy in Bulk. Kind of a Costco model.

maybe don’t buy a second home.
    However you are free to build one as long as I can get a small bite of the action.

BTW Fritz, are you somehow connected to the CAIC?

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

^^^ nope, just a supporter/user.

I really feel your pain up there. I stopped buying a pass in Colorado about 9 years ago because the influx made it too painful to ride lifts while living on the front range. Just been touring ever since as itís the only way to avoid people around here.

Quote Originally Posted by ODHGABFE View Post
    Don't give your hard-earned $$ to the YC
    I said the tickets went quickly, not that I buy them and somehow usually end up with a few. Yellowstone Club and Pabst Blue Ribbon, who would have thought?

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Thanks for clarifying. I donít have an Ikon pass but just spent over a week around Jackson/targhee/big sky and all the generalizations about Ikon passholders from Colorado are getting pretty tired. Apparently weíre all hacks who have never skied rowdy terrain before . News flash: we arenít all beaters in CO. It sucks that a few of them give us all a bad rep. I do feel bad that your lift lines are longer however, that would piss me off too.

That being said, I love your mountain itís retarded fun
    Didn't say anything about Colorado.

Went through Marlboro Country today for the first time. I'm not a hucker but if a feller were so inclined this little zone could provide some amusement. I came down the cliffline and stopped at all the likely launch pads. Cool stuff for lil ol' Andesite Mountain.

Played around in the bbowl backcountry today.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

9:30 pm report: full on blizzard conditions, 3-4 inches since lifts closed, wind is honking so some significant drifting. Temp +10F.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Went through Marlboro Country today for the first time. I'm not a hucker but if a feller were so inclined this little zone could provide some amusement. I came down the cliffline and stopped at all the likely launch pads. Cool stuff for lil ol' Andesite Mountain.

Rock pocket. Fun little zone.

Rock pocket. Fun little zone.
    Rock Pocket is on the other side of the Thunder Wolf lift from Marlboro Country, but looks similar. This is near Peru/Bolivia etc.

Huh, website says 0 inches, but I definitely have 4-5 inches.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I just chatted in the parking lot with MiCol. I love my Freeride Systems jacket !
    hey, looks good on you.

Huh, website says 0 inches, but I definitely have 4-5 inches.
    The Andesite snow gauge is showing 3 inches, so I believe you. Are you skiing Thu or Fri this week? I haven't skied with you with that Freeride Systems jacket.

^^^ nope, just a supporter/user.

I really feel your pain up there. I stopped buying a pass in Colorado about 9 years ago because the influx made it too painful to ride lifts while living on the front range. Just been touring ever since as it’s the only way to avoid people around here.
    Lived in Boulder mid 80's. Bought a condo in Summit. Drove up friday after work and down sunday am early because the traffic was sooo bad. Can't imagine now.

I just chatted in the parking lot with MiCol. I love my Freeride Systems jacket !
    always good seeing and talking with you
    My Company: Made in Colorado SKi Clothing- check it out

Last year for 'Threads for Shreds' jacket trade in program!
    www.freeridesystems.com
    20% Maggot Discount Code = 'MAGGOT20'

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Are you skiing Thu or Fri this week? I haven't skied with you with that Freeride Systems jacket.
    Thursday = yes, Friday = no.

You should have no problem finding me, my Steeze Factor is maxed out in that jacket.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Was in rock pocket yesterday. Plenty soft, but still some rocks that only have 2 inches of snow on them right in LZs. Marb Country looks like better coverage in yeahmans pics.

You should have no problem finding me, my Steeze Factor is maxed out in that jacket.
    I will look for the steezy skier surrounded by groupies. Top of Swift at 10:00 AM?

Probably heading to Big Sky this weekend, because just life everyone else, wife has a three day weekend and apparently we're dumb enough to think this a good idea.

Has the camping situation changed at all? I know Pony lot used to be ok for a night or two, but it seems like that's not really the case anymore. Last time I was there we successfully camped in some random construction sites down in the meadows, but that's non-preferable. Any other areas that a truck camper could show up late-ish and leave early-ish without getting hassled?

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Probably heading to Big Sky this weekend, because just life everyone else, wife has a three day weekend and apparently we're dumb enough to think this a good idea.

Has the camping situation changed at all? I know Pony lot used to be ok for a night or two, but it seems like that's not really the case anymore. Last time I was there we successfully camped in some random construction sites down in the meadows, but that's non-preferable. Any other areas that a truck camper could show up late-ish and leave early-ish without getting hassled?
    saw a 35-40' ish foot older class A in a turnout on Lone Mtn Trail with wipers flipped out for snow.....
    My Company: Made in Colorado SKi Clothing- check it out

Last year for 'Threads for Shreds' jacket trade in program!
    www.freeridesystems.com
    20% Maggot Discount Code = 'MAGGOT20'

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    saw a 35-40' ish foot older class A in a turnout on Lone Mtn Trail with wipers flipped out for snow.....
    Heh, I saw that motorhome yesterday and figured they were definitely going to get kicked out of there, but they did manage to make it at least one night because it was still there today.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Hard to say what it will be like. Lots of the Ikon pass people will be blacked out if they only have the base pass, plus a lot of the less expensive Big Sky season passes will be blacked out. I'm sure it will be crowded, but hopefully not crazy insane crowded. And the forecast looks promising, so there's that.