Page 401 of 890 FirstFirst ... 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,025 of 22245
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    Nikon D500. This camera is sick.

And yeah, snow can be tricky but there are a lot of tools the camera has to help. Metering, histograms, etc. I just need to better understand how to use them and get comfortable with the camera.

I will get it figured out.

Oh and that's bad ass that you are even considering entering.
    That is a dope camera! So many things can be done in post editing too. Stoked to see what ya get!

In other camera related news, bobbybilly broke the on/off switch off the BB camera. No big deal, u just have to use a little screw or your key to move that little ring under the mode ring. Faaaaaawwwwwkkkkkk!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Fall Line Will Set You Free

Just a lurker but saw this on Instagram today. Pretty great video

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B8piZ_s...=1dg01hpog4q7c

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by usdatele View Post
    That is a dope camera! So many things can be done in post editing too. Stoked to see what ya get
    I've always enjoyed ski photography but my old dslr was a kit model and while ok for most stuff it just not fast enough for skiing. So I hardly ever took it out and would just use my iphone.

But now that I'm in the game I'm almost more stoked about ski photography right now than skiing. Kind of obsessing over it actually.

I do need to invest in a lens or two so will be starting to research. If anyone has recs I'm all ears. 18mm-300mm? Look at several?

Also, what editing program do you guys use? Should I just buy photoshop or is there something better?

18mm-300mm? Look at several?

Also, what editing program do you guys use? Should I just buy photoshop or is there something better?
    I am the wrong person to answer any of these questions as I have trouble downloading photos from my Kodak Instamatic, But I would contact Ski Fish Bum. SFB takes some great ski photos with his camera.

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    Just a lurker but saw this on Instagram today. Pretty great video

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B8piZ_s...=1dg01hpog4q7c

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Damn!! That is badass!! Thanks for sharing

RTR is offline Shumanitutonka Ob' Wachi
    Nice to make your acquaintance on Saturday, Mr. WRG!
    Click here to increase your vocabulary.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR View Post
    Nice to make your acquaintance on Saturday, Mr. WRG!
    You too man!

I've always enjoyed ski photography but my old dslr was a kit model and while ok for most stuff it just not fast enough for skiing. So I hardly ever took it out and would just use my iphone.

But now that I'm in the game I'm almost more stoked about ski photography right now than skiing. Kind of obsessing over it actually.

I do need to invest in a lens or two so will be starting to research. If anyone has recs I'm all ears. 18mm-300mm? Look at several?

Ya, best camera really is the one that is easy enough to use quick and comfortably.

That 18-300 looks like a great versatile lens. Seems like it might be awfully long for everyday ski shooting if you're not planning on posting up with a radio and ppl are sending big lines. But I think working with one lens is the way to go so if it's relatively compact, u should get it.

We use the Adobe suite, but open source or cheaper options pretty much do the same thing. If you arent looking to go balls deep, you probably dont need to spend that much money.

We use the lowepro top loader bag and it's awesome. Carrys multiple ways, had nice padding, and a couple extra pockets. Having a camera in a backpack makes shooting that much slower. I've found I dont stop as much if it's in the backpack.

Enough camera talk. Here's a couple pics from hanging Tony's plaque and a good B Gulley from mid November.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Fall Line Will Set You Free

Tables look good at BB.

I have to be in Billings this afternoon for work but might sneak out for a couple of runs and to practice with my camera.

Look for me. I'll be the gaper holding a camera mid-slope next to BobbyBil or Tele.

Quote Originally Posted by usdatele View Post
    Ya, best camera really is the one that is easy enough to use quick and comfortably.

That 18-300 looks like a great versatile lens. Seems like it might be awfully long for everyday ski shooting if you're not planning on posting up with a radio and ppl are sending big lines. But I think working with one lens is the way to go so if it's relatively compact, u should get it.

We use the Adobe suite, but open source or cheaper options pretty much do the same thing. If you arent looking to go balls deep, you probably dont need to spend that much money.

We use the lowepro top loader bag and it's awesome. Carrys multiple ways, had nice padding, and a couple extra pockets. Having a camera in a backpack makes shooting that much slower. I've found I dont stop as much if it's in the backpack.

Went with the Sigma 18-300mm. It was on sale at the local camera shop.

Still trying to figure out my carrying situation. Might go with a rear entry bag specific for cameras. Atlas makes a killer bag but they are spendy.

1) I'm all for the quality and value of the higher end Tamron lenses. Love my 70-200 2.8 full frame. But it's a beast. The DX version might be lighter and less conspicuous, which would be nice. Lately, I've been considering picking up a high-end point and shoot that'll fit in a pocket, figuring I'd take more pictures that way.

2) Lightroom all the way. Keep an eye out for discounts on Lightroom gift cards (I think the only Adobe gift cards... includes Photoshop too). Sometimes you can get a year subscription for pretty cheap. BH sometimes has them on sale.

BB tables look a little ambitious.

Only could ski for an hour before responsibility got in the way. Wished I could've stayed longer. But the three runs I got were pretty fun with 8" of blower.

Also felt way more comfortable with the camera today.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Getting back into the swing of things, and always pleasantly reminded of how talented the skiers are here in Montana, and how great the terrain is.

Just spent 6 weeks in Japan, and so happy to be back to the land of pucker.

From BB yesterday

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3182.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	839.2 KB 
ID:	316329

Fantastic morning at BB. Lots of smiles, manageable pack.

No 8 inches of blower at BS today, but some fresh snow made a great day on the hill with no lines other than the tram and sunshine at times. Wanker Wednesday should be great.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    the land of pucker.
    No shit. Love it.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Wanker Wednesday kicks off with a 6:30 driveway report: 1/64 inch of blower pow, -10F, no wind. Crystal clear skies, so bluebird once the sun comes up (?).

9:30 meetup, top of Ram8.

Spouses welcome, I will be rolling with The Girl Who Lives Next Door To Yeahman’s Dad.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Harry; 02-19-2020 at 08:41 AM.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Anyone else notice the three (3) slides on Mount Wilson today? There was a "slump" yesterday to the west of last years slide that slid overnight, one in the center and one section to the east.

I got an awesome goggle tan over in Hanging Valley. No rocks this year really changes that area. Lap after lap, snow was really soft. Vista Hall pizza FTW.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I got an awesome goggle tan over in Hanging Valley. No rocks this year really changes that area. Lap after lap, snow was really soft. Rasta Hall pizza FTW.

FIFY

^^^ HAHA !

Forgot that you & Dibbs renamed it. I will call it that from now on.

Ha. I sit in Rasta Hall eating my Cup O Noodles after stealing their hot water and those employees give me the stink eye but so far nobody has said anything. They are in for an earful when they do. I'm a gold pass holder dammit! I'll eat where I want. And I won't spend a penny on food ever.

I will say I dig the new bag room / changing area downstairs though. Way better than the old system of people piling bags along the edges of the lunch room. There is always open space to sit and boot up and you don't have to deal with the lunch crowds. Plus, moving the freeride teams and little rippers to their new building in the old 4WD lot has also helped a lot. Gotta give credit where credit is due, they made a couple good improvements there.

Took 5 weeks but ribs are finally healed. Just in time for the peak to be great again, thank goodness.

Bunion, nice to meet you on Challenger last week when I was skiing with McFly. Ski ya around

6am: zero fresh, temp -6F, no wind