Page 162 of 891 FirstFirst ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 22259
    ^^^^Holy shit. That was rad as hell!

Hey Maggots.

If you have skied at Big Sky/MLB in the past 25 years you have ridden lifts that were maintained by Chuckie.

Chuckie started at Big Sky in Lift Operations about the same time as I started patrolling (91/92). He is a fixture in the Lift Maint Dept. at Big Sky. When Moonlight opened he took a leap of faith and came over there to turn wrenches and keep the lifts turning. Because of our schedules we carpooled together for several years and I got to discover what a quality person he is.

Chuckie (Sheldon Fraser) was on a vacation in California and suffered a stroke. Currently he is in ICU in SF and his wife and daughters drove to Cali to be close and do what they can. Needless to say, even though he has Health Insurance through Boyne, the expenses are piling right up.

Friends have set up a Gofundme page. https://www.gofundme.com/medical-fun...sheldon-fraser

Any/every little bit helps.

Thank you and best wishes to Chuckie.

^^^^ while I don't really "know" him, I have certainly talked to him a bunch of times over the years. Very friendly and easy going guy. I will donate. Looking at the list of people who have donated reads like a who's-who of the Big Sky community.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Update from FB

Sheldon has been taken out of ICU!! He's been put into another room that's attached to the ICU, which means he's one step closer to being able to come home!! He's able to move his left hand a little more. He was able to bring it all the way up to his mouth yesterday. He really wants to walk but therapy says he's not quite ready to try yet. Hopefully a couple more days in this room, then a regular room and eventually released to get him closer to here for therapy. Just taking it day by day! John said the neurologist was in earlier and did some tests and said he is getting better every day. He also said he seems to be in good spirits and is cracking jokes! Please continue to keep them all in your thoughts and prayers! And thank you to those who are donating on the gofundme sight and giving us money to deposit for them! I know they appreciate it so very much!! We all do!! ����
    Big Sky peeps are awesome when it comes time to help out.

Just got a phone call from not bunion. Naturally, being not bunion, he somehow has seats in the VIP section at the rodeo. And he has an extra ticket !

WINNING !!!

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Big Sky's version of Halloween, everybody dressed up as cowboys, except bunion. He is wearing flip flops and a Hawaiian shirt....

Looks like you scored a good seat near the chutes Harry.

Good times, lots of Cowgirls and great seeing lots of old friends. Glad you got to use that extra ticket.

Did you stick around for McMurtry? He killed it.

Yeah, after I last saw you in the beer tent I headed for the stands. This was not my first rodeo (heh) and I like to sit down low and close to the chutes. Saw some girls (i.e. drunk MILFs) that I know so I sat with them. Went back to the beer tent during the mutton bustin and bumped into a guy I went to HS with. He is one of the OG owners at YC, so he invited me up to their reserved section where I sat with Justin Timberlake. Had a great time thanks to your free ticket !

you are a goddamn opportunist, Harry

No Jessica Biel?!

Norse, I still know a few folks in Big Sky Marketing. Do you need help with a group ticket thing?

Yes, that would be awesome.

Let's be in touch via PM/email.

Sad news today from Big Sky.

Devon White, long time owner/operator/heart and soul of the Corral in Gallatin Canyon has taken a seat at the bar with several other legends that have passed on recently.

Devon wasn't much of a skier but his establishment was on the must visit list while in Big Sky.

1st place I ever went when I was visiting for the 1st time. It had a genuine roadhouse feel right down to the hand lettered sign on the pool table proclaiming "Unattended children will be sold as slaves" and a trough urinal in the men's room.

Devon you're hitting next, finish your beer, tee up the damn ball and hit it hard.

That's a bummer. Spent a lot of time at the Corral. RIP Devon, you will be missed!

^x2, Hopefully they stay open and with the same vibe.

A kind soul. Dammit.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Deven was a good guy. He will be missed. RIP.

Every trip to Big Sky always included a stop at the Corral. Had my rehearsal dinner at the Corral 13 years ago this summer while getting married in Big Sky. Watched the Super Bowl there earlier this year. Sad to hear. RIP Devon!

RIP. Been going to the Corral all my life. When I was a kid I always behaved there because I was horrified of the sign on the pool table.

Didnt they almost lose the corral due to a land dispute just a few years ago? Memory is fuzzy. Hope it keeps going, I've had some good times there and the wife's family has had a house in that hood for over 30 years so it's an institution for them.

Sent from my SM-G920P using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    Didnt they almost lose the corral due to a land dispute just a few years ago? Memory is fuzzy.
    Yeah, some rich out-of-state douchebag did some sort of land swap and tried to invalidate the Corral's easement for their septic system. He lost, but it cost $$$$$$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Yeah, some rich out-of-state douchebag did some sort of land swap and tried to invalidate the Corral's easement for their septic system. He lost, but it cost $$$$$$$.
    Ah, that was it.

Hey, page 406 on the mobile app!

Sent from my SM-G920P using TGR Forums mobile app

Precipitation over the next 4 days

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

And the 4 days after that

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums