Page 25 of 891 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexi-Bell View Post
    piss off BS passholders by jamming up the tram line after Bridger closes
    Isn't it the other way around, all the bridger crew jamming up the tram line closing week.

You know you can get good look at a butcher's ass by stickin your head up there, but wouldn't you rather...wait-it's gotta be your bull...ahhhh I think we're saying the same thing

Sweet skatepark!

Quote Originally Posted by rockcreek View Post
    anybody hear anything about teton pass(choteau?)?? for the season. their website hasnt changed since Oct 2011. Not a terribly good sign IMHO.
    Sounds like the new owner was too good to be true.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    Sounds like the new owner was too good to be true.
    So, you're suggesting that in a few years I won't know if my memory of seeing two dudes in ski patrol uni's at the grocery store in Choteau was real, a dream, or a drug-induced hallucination? Even in real-time it was pretty surrealistic ...
    Why must I feel like that, why must I chase the cat?
    Nuthin' but the dog in me. George Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by rockcreek View Post
    anybody hear anything about teton pass(choteau?)?? for the season. their website hasnt changed since Oct 2011. Not a terribly good sign IMHO.
    From 8/28/12 "We are working on being open, we can't 100% say either way just yet but there is a big effort being made to make that a possibility"

One of my friends fb status a couple of days ago was saying it was going to be open but not sure where that info was coming from will try to get that intel and update

teensy bit of fresh snow up on the peak last night. first new snow ive seen since may

Moonlight Value Card now includes the last week of the season for free:

http://www.moonlightbasin.com/site/value_card.html

Sweet!

Stoked that I just got a job offer from big sky and may be moving there this winter. Does anybody have any beta or experience with any drug testing that they do for employees?

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi-Bell View Post
    PSA:

Big Sky frequency cards $50 until Sept. 30, up to $90 after; get two free weeks skiing, one half price week skiing, lodging discounts, and...
    piss off BS passholders by jamming up the tram line after Bridger closes
    I'm doing this, along with Moonlight's version. And while I think the Big Sky vs. Bridger argument is tired and pedantic, I am getting a mid-week pass to Bridger. So let's go ski, Lexi.

Little bit of stoke from a day Riding Abiathar Peak last April. Really a pretty easy tour and awesome walls on this pretty steep couloir. Dustings on the peaks last night. Winter is on the way. Get pumped!

Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_Skier View Post
    Stoked that I just got a job offer from big sky and may be moving there this winter. Does anybody have any beta or experience with any drug testing that they do for employees?

The only drug testing at Big Sky is done by the employees or possibly if you are injured on the clock or do > 1500.00 damage to equipment.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Hey all. My father in law is coming to town for the weekend of oct 13th and we would like to go to the MSU game. Unfortunately it is pretty much sold out with no contiguous seats available. If anyone has a line on tickets or has 3 for sale let me know. Cheers.
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    The only drug testing at Big Sky is done by the employees or possibly if you are injured on the clock or do > 1500.00 damage to equipment.
    Drug testing at Big Sky? How high do you have to be?

ya i think its shut down...that little teton pass ske area that is..article about it in the latest issue of powder. Some pros did a MT thing...think it was Julian Carr and others...anywho they stopped by teton pass and were skinning it....looks cool...te

Kids are all jazzed about a few inches of snow on rocks. Just as pumped as everyone else but it's too early. Facets at the ground are bad, mmkay? Besides, I've still got the backpacking bug. First go around at a Madison Range traverse. 100ish miles in 23 days. Maybe I'll get snowed out at the end. See you in November!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	route.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	281.9 KB 
ID:	122060  
    I think the potato gun proved the stability.

That will be a rad hike. Food caches, or one load straight through? Summits planned?

Good luck on that trek. We'll be looking for the TR come December.

Oh, and facets or not, it's hard not be stoked on the first snow.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    That will be a rad hike. Food caches, or one load straight through? Summits planned?
    Straight through with a one night stopover at the mountain village, to resupply, sign autographs and such.

Anybody need some small stiff boots? Got a charger lady friend? I have some Salomon Ghost cs 120s in a size 24. I used them 4 days last season, and never molded the shells. They are the 2011-2012 model. I can sell them cheap cheap.

Does anyone have any leads on an open room/place to rent for the season? Looking to move out to the BS area in November!

^^^ if you fins something cheap I'd split, as of now I'm planning on sleeping in an old trailer all winter

Looks like teton pass is going to reopen this year shooting for a 12/15 opening

I figure this is as good a place as any to put this ...

A local watering hole is looking to do a weekly wax and tune night. They need a few people to wax and do basic tunes. Free beer and it's a paid gig. I figure there's enough experienced maggots that could use free booze and some extra coinage.

PM if you're interested or have more questions.

Big up to Ullr.

^nice, maybe
    kewl northside skis display @ 406 brewery latey
    "further"- emerson thurs 8pm just heard

Quote Originally Posted by riken4life View Post
    Looks like teton pass is going to reopen this year shooting for a 12/15 opening
    what I read...

http://helenair.com/news/local/teton...a4bcf887a.html

250 for season student pass....seven times u go pay for (35$ day tix)
    'best backcountry skiing in mt' on their website

booking long weekend @ west fork cabin/lookout