Page 157 of 165 FirstFirst ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 4104
  1. #3901
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bozeman
    Posts
    678
    I did start at Dailey Creek. I skipped summiting Ramshorn and Fortress due to snow and time constraints, but was right on the crest the rest of the time. It should be great skiing for at least a few more weeks (weather pending), and it would be super cool to exit via South Cottonwood or Mystic Lake once Hyalite closes.

  2. #3902
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Helltown, MT
    Posts
    1,312
    Looks like a couple of really cool tours Aenigma. Thanks for the stoke.

  3. #3903
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Big Sky, Mt
    Posts
    96
    Big Sky offering some new options on season passes
    http://bigskyresort.com/the-mountain...2hunprqifc517q

  4. #3904
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    BZN
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSkyfan View Post
    Big Sky offering some new options on season passes
    http://bigskyresort.com/the-mountain...2hunprqifc517q
    Silver Tram looks like a winner

  5. #3905
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    28
    That's interesting the non-tram options. Way to cut down on tram lines?

  6. #3906
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Helltown, MT
    Posts
    1,312
    I think there are just certain people who never ride the tram. Probably the people who spend the most money on hotels and restaurants. Frankly I've hardly waited in any tram lines this year, seems like lots of walk-on days or wait one or two cars. Occasionally it builds up to 45 minutes but that's been rare.

    Wonder if they've done away with the Sky Card. Doesn't usually go on sale until later. There is that Montana pass but that's kind of lame, no daily discount, just the two crappiest weeks of the season (usually).

    Edit: I was wrong, the Montana Pass gives a $10 a day discount (down from $30/day on the old Sky Card) and also includes one free day any time during the season, except holidays, in addition to the first and last week free. So it's still an okay deal.
    Last edited by yeahman; 03-20-2017 at 04:01 PM.

  7. #3907
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    On your tic list
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I think there are just certain people who never ride the tram. Probably the people who spend the most money on hotels and restaurants. Frankly I've hardly waited in any tram lines this year, seems like lots of walk-on days or wait one or two cars. Occasionally it builds up to 45 minutes but that's been rare.

    Wonder if they've done away with the Sky Card. Doesn't usually go on sale until later. There is that Montana pass but that's kind of lame, no daily discount, just the two crappiest weeks of the season (usually).

    Edit: I was wrong, the Montana Pass gives a $10 a day discount (down from $30/day on the old Sky Card) and also includes one free day any time during the season, except holidays, in addition to the first and last week free. So it's still an okay deal.
    Montana pass looks like rebirth of sky card with fewer discounts at double the price. This years sky card ditched free ski weeks, they probably won't have near the beer swilling crowd as normal.
    I'll wait to see if it goes $79 in fall.

  8. #3908
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    8,094
    Season Passes
    Buy now, limited quantities available.
    O Really?

  9. #3909
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Helltown, MT
    Posts
    1,312
    Quote Originally Posted by bunion View Post
    O Really?
    Yeah I thought that was weird. Plus I couldn't find any cut-off date for the early season discount.

    The one free lift ticket that comes with the Montana Pass almost pays for the whole thing, so that's probably worth it, especially if it somehow ends up being good conditions first or last week. Two weeks plus a day during the season isn't bad for $149.

    But...the best thing I see in all these new options is the "bring a buddy" deal with a Gold Pass. You can get up to three $79 lift tickets for somebody else if you have a Gold Pass. Since me and my two kids get Gold Passes, we can use those 9 discounted days to buy my wife's tickets (she usually gets the Sky Card, now the Montana Pass).

    For us, that actually works out really well.

  10. #3910
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    8,094
    Just being a flippant asshole.....

    I think that the number of options is impressive. Any idea if they have a deal where if you buy this year you can ski the rest of the season this year as well as next?

  11. #3911
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Big Sky/Moonlight Basin
    Posts
    7,135
    Quote Originally Posted by bunion View Post
    I think that the number of options is impressive. Any idea if they have a deal where if you buy this year you can ski the rest of the season this year as well as next?
    I know they did that in past years, BUT you had to pay up front. If you did the payment plan over the summer (like I do) that did not count. Same deal with summer mountain biking, payment plan does not count.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

    "Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

  12. #3912
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    8,094
    I think you are right about that. Memory is a fleeting thing.

  13. #3913
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Big Sky, Mt
    Posts
    96
    [QUOTE=yeahman;4973953]I think there are just certain people who never ride the tram. Probably the people who spend the most money on hotels and restaurants. Frankly I've hardly waited in any tram lines this year, seems like lots of walk-on days or wait one or two cars. Occasionally it builds up to 45 minutes but that's been rare.

    Wonder if they've done away with the Sky Card. Doesn't usually go on sale until later. There is that Montana pass but that's kind of lame, no daily discount, just the two crappiest weeks of the season (usually).

    Edit: I was wrong, the Montana Pass gives a $10 a day discount (down from $30/day on the old Sky Card) and also includes one free day any time during the season, except holidays, in addition to the first and last week free. So it's still an okay deal.]

    Interesting observation regarding the Tram line...there were a lot of dooms dayers saying that the new Powder Seeker lift would increase the tram line waits...I never thought that would happen. You either ski the peak or you don't, the new Powder Seeker would have no affect.

  14. #3914
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Helltown, MT
    Posts
    1,312
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSkyfan View Post
    Interesting observation regarding the Tram line...there were a lot of dooms dayers saying that the new Powder Seeker lift would increase the tram line waits...I never thought that would happen. You either ski the peak or you don't, the new Powder Seeker would have no affect.
    Doesn't seem to. It does create more traffic in the Bowl at certain times, makes it look almost comical like an ant farm. But where better than the Bowl for that kind of thing, it's open and fun. And it's is always empty by 3:15 anyway for those who want solitude. You get to lap a heated six-seat high-speed bubble chair practically by yourself. I give Powder Seeker two thumbs up for sure.

  15. #3915
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by bunion View Post
    Just being a flippant asshole.....

    I think that the number of options is impressive. Any idea if they have a deal where if you buy this year you can ski the rest of the season this year as well as next?
    Yes, but only with the Gold Tram pass. You have to pay in full, then April this year is included.

  16. #3916
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Helltown, MT
    Posts
    1,312
    That Bronze Pass for $399 is an awesome deal if your schedule allows you to ski Monday through Thursday. A person could get in a ton of skiing for four hundred bucks, tram included, and avoid the weekend crowds. That's quite different from this season's Bronze which only allowed for certain weeks, not Monday-Thursday all season long.

  17. #3917
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    8,094
    Winner of the Point and Chute comp. 2017. Very worthy.


  18. #3918
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Big Sky/Moonlight Basin
    Posts
    7,135
    I am currently at ghosthop's place of business. This place is awesome !
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

    "Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

  19. #3919
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bozeman
    Posts
    678
    The real ski season has begun!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3760.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	203131

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3764.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	203132

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3780.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	203133

  20. #3920
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Helltown, MT
    Posts
    1,312
    ^^Nice! And the resort season isn't quite over--a fun powderlike substance was discovered on the Snowfield yesterday when they pulled a surprise opening. See the A-Z chutes in the background? Haven't been open a single day this season. As patroller Yunce was overheard in the tram: "Been a tough year." But still, I'll take it, had many great days despite low snowfall.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snowfield4.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	203138

  21. #3921
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    8,094
    Yunce is the real deal, truly a legend.

    Today is one of those rarities in which the stars align and both the BS Dirtbag and the BB Dirtbag happen on the same date.

    Celebrate!

  22. #3922
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    224
    Chamonix couloir still goes to almost the trail, but won't for much longer

  23. #3923
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Helltown, MT
    Posts
    1,312
    Paraglider launched off Lone Peak summit today and crashed into the rocks somewhere down on the Snowfield, breaking a leg, needed a helicopter rescue. Closed the run for a couple hours which sucked for me and my kid who were signed up but I hope the guy is okay.

  24. #3924
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by Aenigma View Post
    The real ski season has begun!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3760.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	203131

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3764.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	203132

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3780.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	203133
    How long of a corn season do you guys get?

    I might make a trip out east if it's decently long and coincides with easy(warm) valley camping season.

  25. #3925
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,120
    That is a sweet score aenigma, I think I know where it is though not positive. Spring "corn" season sure can be fickle around here.

    I haven't been touring much this year, motivation has been on the low side. Finally got out in the wild again today. It was encouraging. Lucked out with snow and weather conditions, and although I was pathetically slow going up (got second tracks haha) the skiing part still worked out well enough to elevate the mood. It was nice that it was actually smooth! I was eternally grateful to have a decent day line up despite being a little out of the loop this year.





    The dude that beat me to my lines shredding! A little late with the camera. Word dude that was sick!







    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •