Page 497 of 891 FirstFirst ... 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 ... LastLast
Results 12,401 to 12,425 of 22273
    I don't get the legal distinction between a Mission tatement and a Vision Statement. So it's lost on me why a language change is needed in the Mission, but the Vision statement can just do whatever they want. Can someone sue you over a discriminatory Mission Statement?

Perhaps they are getting pressure from the business community to change the pass/ticket percentage and this is the start?

I certainly don't see Bridger as a destination area, but at 20% I also have little incentive to even try to plan a trip to Bozeman to ski. Hotels are already hurting, the pressure to continue with the (small) winter tourism economy has to be coming from someplace.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Perhaps they are getting pressure from the business community to change the pass/ticket percentage and this is the start?

I certainly don't see Bridger as a destination area, but at 20% I also have little incentive to even try to plan a trip to Bozeman to ski. Hotels are already hurting, the pressure to continue with the (small) winter tourism economy has to be coming from someplace.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    On the other hand what’s the incentive to buy a season pass if the percentage drops below 80% and your competing with 10-13k (just a guess based on estimates I’ve heard from employees) other pass holders for limited spots. On bb’s 2019 Form 990, lift ticket revenue was listed at $10.6M. As far as I can tell, that’s season passes and day tickets combined. Let’s say 11k pass holders lock in at early season pricing of $750, that’s $8.25M or approx 78% of total pass revenue. Obviously there are a lot of assumptions here but it does seem to line up.

Either way I’d doubt they change the 80/20 split this late in the game. There’s only a few days left to request a full refund.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    Elaboration:

If Bridger bowl is one of the most successful community ski organizations, then why would they change their mission statement to suddenly opt out of dedication to their specific county and region of Montana?

In my opinion, which is rather uneducated in matters of a legal defense (but does stem from several years spent as an editor and journalist), organizations typically change verbiage in their mission statements due to two reasons.

1. They are preparing to make organizational changes and need to legally prepare or grease the wheels.

2. They are somewhat afraid of adverse legal action or some PR issues.

In less words, if it’s worked so far, then why change it?
    I would, again, encourage any adult Montana resident who cares about Bridger Bowl to join the BB Association and get imformed how and why the organization is structured and operates. Attend a meeting, get informed, and be involved.

https://www.bridgerbowl.com/bridger-bowl-association

Also posted on BB website, ICYMI

https://www.bridgerbowl.com/pdfs/ass...ciation-letter

I would, again, encourage any adult Montana resident who cares about Bridger Bowl to join the BB Association and get informed how and why the organization is structured and operates.
    Blasphemy. Much easier to draw conclusions from social media.

your competing with 10-13k (just a guess based on estimates I’ve heard from employees)
    Cannot say for this season but the past two, more like 13-15K. And while many get in a handful of days, many others rack up 40-60 days easy.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Do these meetings have complimentary food and beverages from Grizzly Ridge? I could be persuaded....

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    Do these meetings have complimentary food and beverages from Grizzly Ridge? I could be persuaded....
    We’d have to persuade Don first.

They said on the association call tonight that they sold 11k passes before cutting off sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi-Bell View Post
    I would, again, encourage any adult Montana resident who cares about Bridger Bowl to join the BB Association and get imformed how and why the organization is structured and operates. Attend a meeting, get informed, and be involved.

https://www.bridgerbowl.com/bridger-bowl-association

Also posted on BB website, ICYMI

https://www.bridgerbowl.com/pdfs/ass...ciation-letter

Evil Co-Op Overlords at it again!! Hopefully they can't ban me for drawing phallic images on board members vehicles.

Had my first ski dream last night. This season gunna be litty tittay's!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 0g View Post
    Evil Co-Op Overlords at it again!! Hopefully they can't ban me for drawing phallic images on board members vehicles.

Had my first ski dream last night. This season gunna be litty tittay's!!!
    I attended for the first time yesterday. Glad I did. Heard some things I agree with, some things I don’t and one thing I thought was asinine. Like yesterday, I’ll continue to ask questions, make my thoughts know and vote accordingly.

Litty tittay’s is something we can all get behind in the meantime.

I'll tryn write up a thing about the BB situation tomorrow, but for now, check out what my girlfriend got in the mail today!!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Fall Line Will Set You Free

Yeah me too. At first I was bummed but then i realized I might be able to learn a thing or two about manscaping without feeling like a homo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Edit to add: Triel Culver is a trial lawyer from Billings.

Here is his letter.

Kind of weird.
    1. Triel started in Missoula and then moved to Billings, which is an interesting call. I wouldn't be surprised if he is a mag/lurker.

2. I am not so sure he is correct, but he might be. It does seem problematic to me that an entity operating largely on federal land can give special privileges to residents of specific states or counties.

3. If MT ski areas can give discounts to pass holders from other MT* resorts that include USFS leases, I am not sure why Bridger can't give priority to Gallatin County residents. If the latter proposition is somehow illegal, then the former practice must be, too.

* I am pretty sure Big Sky is the only MT ski area that does not give discounted day tickets to pass holders at other ski areas. Maybe Big Mountain too?

Pre-Pandemic Bridger Bowl

Even the Faceshots were better

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

What's the story of the giant gathering atop Bridger chair? Last day last lap?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

^^^ Yep, last day, last chair, last lift assisted lap.

* I am pretty sure Big Sky is the only MT ski area that does not give discounted day tickets to pass holders at other ski areas.
    And AFAIK is the only MT ski area on 100% private land, along with the Y/C.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I am pretty sure Big Sky is the only MT ski area that does not give discounted day tickets to pass holders at other ski areas. Maybe Big Mountain too?
    I have succeeded in getting a discounted day ticket at BS doing nothing more than asking nicely, but it's not a circumstance I'd ever bet on.
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Loved those bittersweet closers. Snowball salvo to the riders of the last chair! Beers and cigs and blue smoke errywhere! 1998 maybe?

Is that Stu???

Stu!! Legend. Not a bad girl/guy ratio for Bozeman back then either.

Think the closing day pic is from 99/00 and the Jimmy B's pic from 98/99

Stu!! Legend. Not a bad girl/guy ratio for Bozeman back then either.

Think the closing day pic is from 99/00 and the Jimmy B's pic from 98/99

Ha! I lived behind Stu for a stretch near campus early 00's. I remember him getting way into skydiving before losing touch. Loved those old closing days. I remember them stopping the last chair so everyone could pelt them with snowballs. Then Chinese downhill to base with shenanigans or hut parties. Ahh good times.

Ahh, BB closing/last day party. Great fuzzy memories. Slept in my truck after several of them.lol

BridgerBowl Reservation information.

Reservations
    -Reservations required for all skiing and riding and will open online at 9am three days out
    -Reservations are available until sold out including day of
    -If unable to use reservation, cancel via email to allow friends and neighbors to have an opportunity to ski and ride
    -No limit to number of reservations during season.
    -Three or more no-shows will affect credit for 2021-22 season
    -80% reservations for pass holders & 20% for day tickets and other users
    -Open season with approx. 1,500 spots moving to approx. 3,000 as quickly as feasible (average daily skier visit 2,500)
    -Reservation transfers are not allowed
    -Reservation 'How to Guide' to come as soon as possible
    And from an Instagram post:

-Three or more no-shows will affect credit for 2021-22 season
    -(*Paraphrased for clarity*) If they don't open at all due to COVID-19 -> Full Credit towards 2021-22 pass
    - If they open but then close before Feb 2 (wording was super weird here) then 45% credit towards 2021-22 pass.
    - If they close sometime (Feb 2 through Apr 4) afterwards, then if you skied less than 6 days, then you get 5% credit for each day less than 6 (i.e. if you only skied 4 days from open until sometime after Feb 1, then you would get (6 - 4) * 5% = 10% credit towards 2021-22 pass (max of 30%).
    I think the 9 am time is really bad since so many people are typically driving (and now there will be less carpooling so even more solo drivers potentially texting).

Also seems like minimal risk for signing up everyday (if you ski more than 6 days) assuming they stay open til Feb.

This was my era at Bridger. I recognize two of those people I think. Man we had some fun last days up there. Does that still go on?

I know Bridger is in a difficult, no win spot with the pandemic. But I'm pretty disappointed with what's going on. Only ski area in MT doing reservations. I've been working my ass off all year long helping people stay in business with the pandemic. My wife is working at the schools everyday. We get a 23% chance of using our season pass on the weekends. But the employees and their families get unlimited skiing and riding. That rubs me the wrong way. I thought the mission statement was to provide skiing to ALL of the residents of Gallatin County (at least until they manage to get rid of that).

25 season passes in and I bought my first Big Sky pass this year.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane Og. Those were the days. Dave-O, the Captain, and the Colonel!!!

When we were kids Mad River was the cool place to go cause Co-0p. Kinda like Bridger. But man, we always had as much fun at Jay Peak. I'm stoked to ski Big Sky this year and find some new shit. And I'll keep the Bridger passes too hoping I can actually get up there at least one day on the weekends.

I would like to point out that the only reason BB will be able to open is with the help of the employees and their families.

Looking on the bright side, when Big Sky pulls the plug they will probably give a 100 dollar credit on next years season pass.