Page 442 of 884 FirstFirst ... 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 ... LastLast
Results 11,026 to 11,050 of 22093
    Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Moving to Helena for work. Have been doing a lot of BC and resort skiing in CO the last few years. Can anyone hit me up with some beta on skiing and biking? Is great divide somewhat decent with backcountry nearby? I know Helena isn't the obvious ski choice but seems like a good all around choice. Anything is better than the front range shit show the last few years.
    I'm in Helena, biking is outstanding. At one point the figure I heard for single track miles from town was 80ish and I know it's gone up from there. There isn't a lot of true downhill but lots of flowing singletrack intermixed with some rocky sections through coniferous forest, open meadows and ridgelines, and a little bit of foothill riding out of the trees. Driving a short ways opens up lots of options for more adventurous riding.

I think GD is a great value but definitely not the gnar. Lots of little tree shots on mellow terrain and lots of rocks. I go through a lot of ptex. I have had many fun powder days up there though and my last pass was on special for a whopping $295, but it's typically a little more. Well worth it, I usually get at least two days a week in at GD and often three. That's some hella cheap skiing. There is some very good nordic skiing at the top of MacDonald Pass and plenty of non groomed terrain. I really slowed down my BC skiing when I moved here, and have done more nordic but there are some nearby options within an hour or less in the Elkhorns and west of Helena. Low snowpack can make options more limited. Nothing remotely like Big Sky and Bozeman area though, but it's not that far in any direction to explore. A lot of folks use sleds to get across the flatter stuff. I always say Bozeman has the skiing but Helena has the biking.

I have enjoyed my 8ish years here. I'm only here for two or three more months then I'm packing up to travel and have fun for a while. Not sure when you are moving, but hit me up with a p.m. if you want to see some of the local trails. And using social distancing judgment of course.

SUPERIOR, that's hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    I'm in Helena, biking is outstanding. At one point the figure I heard for single track miles from town was 80ish and I know it's gone up from there. There isn't a lot of true downhill but lots of flowing singletrack intermixed with some rocky sections through coniferous forest, open meadows and ridgelines, and a little bit of foothill riding out of the trees. Driving a short ways opens up lots of options for more adventurous riding.

I think GD is a great value but definitely not the gnar. Lots of little tree shots on mellow terrain and lots of rocks. I go through a lot of ptex. I have had many fun powder days up there though and my last pass was on special for a whopping $295, but it's typically a little more. Well worth it, I usually get at least two days a week in at GD and often three. That's some hella cheap skiing. There is some very good nordic skiing at the top of MacDonald Pass and plenty of non groomed terrain. I really slowed down my BC skiing when I moved here, and have done more nordic but there are some nearby options within an hour or less in the Elkhorns and west of Helena. Low snowpack can make options more limited. Nothing remotely like Big Sky and Bozeman area though, but it's not that far in any direction to explore. A lot of folks use sleds to get across the flatter stuff. I always say Bozeman has the skiing but Helena has the biking.

I have enjoyed my 8ish years here. I'm only here for two or three more months then I'm packing up to travel and have fun for a while. Not sure when you are moving, but hit me up with a p.m. if you want to see some of the local trails. And using social distancing judgment of course.

SUPERIOR, that's hilarious!
    I'm moving in a couple of weeks. I'll send you a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    ...less of a scene.Attachment 332064
    omg... Indigenous Bozonites

so much goodness

starting from the bottom - Gold Uggs!

A must have:
    https://poshmark.com/listing/BEAUTIF...hoCVdkQAvD_BwE

​I am not in your hurry

Those are not indigenous

I'm moving in a couple of weeks. I'll send you a pm.
    sounds good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Every time I ride my bike in Helena I think about the real possibility of moving there.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Every time I ride my bike in Helena I think about the real possibility of moving there.
    Which side is better, Mt Helena, or mt ascension?

Which side is better, Mt Helena, or mt ascension?
    There are a lot more hikers and dogs on Mt. Helena, but the foot traffic lessens greatly the further south you get. I lived at the base of Ascension for most my time here and have definitely seen an uptick in trail users there. Unfortunately there are a bunch of bucket asses that can't even pedal to the backside of Ascension so now they park on the back, do a small climb to the top, down to their other vehicle, hoop and holler all the way down, then probably high five it at the Blackfoot so everyone knows how rad they are. There are lots of trails though and it's pretty easy to find some solitude still by pedaling a little further away from town.

I will say that I'm glad to see a variety of user groups on the trails, and for the most part hikers, bikers, and runners that all get along pretty well. There is not a lot of conflict that I have witnessed, but as usage goes up those interactions will become more strained I'm sure. There is a hikers group now that formed a while back that is pretty anti-bike, but the community as a whole is pretty supportive of mountain biking and the trails will only continue to expand and improve, and at least there has been dialogue between the user groups.

There are also some fun mellow ski shots off both Ascension and Mt. Helena on a good snow year. I've skied off the top of Ascension at least 3 of the years I have lived here. So much fun to walk out your front door for some turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Those are not indigenous
    I so love paisley... not ur favorite?
    ​I am not in your hurry

So....the Missions

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    It was sweet tacky goodness tonight.

toastybroski, here is a link to an interactive trail map if you haven't already seen this: https://pricklypearlt.org/trails/int...tal-trail-map/

Moving to Helena for work. Have been doing a lot of BC and resort skiing in CO the last few years. Can anyone hit me up with some beta on skiing and biking? Is great divide somewhat decent with backcountry nearby? I know Helena isn't the obvious ski choice but seems like a good all around choice. Anything is better than the front range shit show the last few years.
    Great Divide can be good fun on a powder day, and they have been getting some good snow fall the past few years. Nothing very challenging but a very good vibe. Head down to Disco for some steeps. Don't know about backcountry around Helena. Everythings going to seem real cheap and uncrowded compared to CO, Well except Big Sky.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Quote Originally Posted by usdatele View Post
    If u guys dont wanna meet up for a bc mellow ski day, the mellow shooting day seems appropriate. Or am I just fully fucked cause I dont care about the price of the pig sty pass?
    I did not realize you were into shooting, Talisman & I are planning another shootfest this week, PM me for the date/time, it would be fun to have you join us.

Also: I usually get a bunch of Big Sky passes through my work. I will try to hook you up this winter.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I did not realize you were into shooting, Talisman & I are planning another shootfest this week, PM me for the date/time, it would be fun to have you join us.

Also: I usually get a bunch of Big Sky passes through my work. I will try to hook you up this winter.

You guys better keep your eyes peeled for rambochuck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marmot.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	234.6 KB 
ID:	332299

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    You guys better keep your eyes peeled for rambochuck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marmot.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	234.6 KB 
ID:	332299
    I live in fear of that mega-marmot as a 30-06 shooting 220 grain bullets isn't enough to make Rambo flinch.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    I live in fear of that mega-marmot as a 30-06 shooting 220 grain bullets isn't enough to make Rambo flinch.
    mm scoffs at your sub-artillery, ha!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Today is your last chance to secure your 2020-21 season pass with Loyalty Pricing, plus Worry-Free Winter Assurance included at no additional charge. Buy now, season passes will go off sale after June 15.
    Clear what they meant.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

damn- sounds like the Brothel and the Broken Spoke were serving up fresh 'Rona cocktails, the Riverhouse didnt have it- just a rumor. be safe out there folks

Quote Originally Posted by CheezDick View Post
    damn- sounds like the Brothel and the Broken Spoke were serving up fresh 'Rona cocktails, the Riverhouse didnt have it- just a rumor. be safe out there folks
    Barmuda Triangle, not surprised.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

one of the bartenders had it

Maggot Shootfest 2.0 was a huge success. A total of 7 maggots responded, due to short notice, we ended up with 3 in attendance. Next one will be mid/late July, and I will publicize it sooner.

Big hit this session was MiCol, who showed up with a 300-something magnum. Muzzle blast like a mofo. Turns out MiCol is an eagle eye, dude had nice tight groups right in the center. That gun is a beast.

Talisman is a complete FUDD. Wood stocks, blued steel, all he needs is flannel. That said, he drives tacks with that 30-06. He fills his freezer every fall with elk meat.

We had to share the range with gapers, so I did not shoot much, as I acted as Range Safety Officer to keep these clueless dipshits from endangering us.
    (a) first group were some early 20-somethings with WA plates. Tacticool with Glocks in Kydex, and shooting an AR at human silhouette targets at 10 yards.
    (b) next up was an old, angry looking guy in a Ford Taurus with NY plates. This Bozo had some sort of a small belly gun (380 ?) and he had zero understanding of range safety and discipline. We kept a close eye on this idiot.

Overall a fun day with fun maggots. We will do another Shootfest mid/late July. I will publicize the date/time further in advance so that more people can attend. I had no idea this would prove so popular.

Quote Originally Posted by CheezDick View Post
    one of the bartenders had it
    Used to be a dude down in the really big went by the name of Shit Dick. Any relation?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

haha- used to be- Shit dick is still around- and that is his god given name. he's my BFF. Remember that time he hit Class 6 twice in one day. Legend!

I’d be down for the next shootfest. My guns are more in line with the tacticool crowd, G19x and KelTec Sub2000. I’d come more to meet some mags though.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Maggot Shootfest 2.0 was a huge success. A total of 7 maggots responded, due to short notice, we ended up with 3 in attendance. Next one will be mid/late July, and I will publicize it sooner.

Big hit this session was MiCol, who showed up with a 300-something magnum. Muzzle blast like a mofo. Turns out MiCol is an eagle eye, dude had nice tight groups right in the center. That gun is a beast.

Talisman is a complete FUDD. Wood stocks, blued steel, all he needs is flannel. That said, he drives tacks with that 30-06. He fills his freezer every fall with elk meat.

We had to share the range with gapers, so I did not shoot much, as I acted as Range Safety Officer to keep these clueless dipshits from endangering us.
    (a) first group were some early 20-somethings with WA plates. Tacticool with Glocks in Kydex, and shooting an AR at human silhouette targets at 10 yards.
    (b) next up was an old, angry looking guy in a Ford Taurus with NY plates. This Bozo had some sort of a small belly gun (380 ?) and he had zero understanding of range safety and discipline. We kept a close eye on this idiot.

Overall a fun day with fun maggots. We will do another Shootfest mid/late July. I will publicize the date/time further in advance so that more people can attend. I had no idea this would prove so popular.

Where do you guys shoot at over there? Too bad about the wankers. We have a nice range at the top of Mac Pass for $50/year and I don't know that I've ever seen an out of state plate, but haven't paid that much attention I guess. I might be down for a July shoot as well, you guys shooting long guns only?