Results 976 to 1,000 of 22099
    From car camp:

Next morning

Went to work on the corn havest.

Some diffused light helped out cause:

Sunshield:

Dan goin ta Schralptown:

Marked up:

Good to take a trip out to the boondocks once in a while. It's a lonely place way out there, thanks for rallyin Dan.
    Last edited by tone capone; 05-17-2013 at 12:30 AM.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

tone capone is winning this thread. way to get after it!
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

Just so stoked to be out having a complete ski season after the gimpy years. I just need to be in the mountains, with people shredding, biking, fishing, camping, climbing... Grateful for the people and places that always make it worth the effort. There's no other life I'd rather be living so I guess thats livin the dream. Believe in the dream and make every year your best one yet! Or keep it rollin as long as possible at least.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

hey montucky folks
    my field season starts this weekend in montana and looking to ski on my days off. I have a pretty flexible schedule so if anyone is looking to ski or a ski partner in southern/central montana let me know. probably won't make it too far north. looking forward to harvestin' some montana corn!

p.s. sweet pics tone capone! love me some cabinets shoots, got out to that range too little this past year when i was living in spokane

Anybody make it up to Beehive this weekend? Was raining down in town, but I drove up to the trailhead just for fun yesterday and it was snowing pretty good up there! Sadly I didn't even have enough time to do more than drive up there, but I'm hoping SOMEBODY got to take advantage of the conditions.

Saw a wolf Saturday on the Lower Behive Trail, about halfway between the fire station and the Beehive Road.

Pretty cool, first time I have ever seen one outside the park.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Saw a wolf Saturday on the Lower Behive Trail, about halfway between the fire station and the Beehive Road.

Pretty cool, first time I have ever seen one outside the park.
    Cool! Last Thursday, I actually spotted a grey one on the mountain-side, a little past Porcupine. Was super stoked as that's the first one I've ever seen in the wild, period. I wonder if it was the same one you saw! Population must be growing. I didn't realize they ran around in broad daylight and near people like that.

I seriously need to get a good camera with a telephoto lens. Saturday alone, I saw that wolf, a buffalo trotting down the side of the highway near West, bald eagles, and hawks. Looking forward to spotting my first grizzly (from a distance).

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Looking forward to spotting my first grizzly (from a distance).
    Two summers ago I was hiking up Mister K and saw a grizzly right in the middle of the run. Last summer I saw one on Elk Meadows. Lots of black bears around here are cinimann in color, easy to mistake for a grizz, look at the head shape and ears to tell the diff.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Looking forward to spotting my first grizzly (from a distance).
    Next time you're driving the 191 section of the park, slow down around Specimen Creek and look along the treeline to your west. There's a tagged griz that roots around there and is visible more often than not.

Here she is on Saturday: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	389269_831313150087_1699987906_n.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	138417

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBuecking View Post
    Next time you're driving the 191 section of the park, slow down around Specimen Creek and look along the treeline to your west. There's a tagged griz that roots around there and is visible more often than not.

Here she is on Saturday: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	389269_831313150087_1699987906_n.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	138417
    Oh wow! I will definitely keep my eyes peeled for that bear. Thanks for posting that one! There is so much wildlife around here, we might just have to start another thread dedicated to SW Montana wildlife. Haha.

Just moved up from Jackson to Bozeman.. anybody interested in doing a 'lil ski tour?

Quote Originally Posted by soulturn View Post
    Hell yeah! Great vid. The Beartooth Pass was my first love when I came to Montana.

So. Going for the whole year round riding thing again after a job ruined it for me last year. Looking for an option around Bozeman (other than TGO, Blackmore or Hyalite) for a late night Friday departure that would allow us to be back in town Saturday afternoon. Any suggestions?
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    Don't forget to express your Gallatin Valley stoke by voting for Randy's Co-Lab entry once a day, every day until July 15th. Thanks!

http://colab.tetongravity.com/entries/view/randy-evans

Quote Originally Posted by Boom Heir View Post
    So. Going for the whole year round riding thing again after a job ruined it for me last year. Looking for an option around Bozeman (other than TGO, Blackmore or Hyalite) for a late night Friday departure that would allow us to be back in town Saturday afternoon. Any suggestions?
    Anywhere (shields, porcupine, big timber) in the crazies. They consistently hold snow and theres chutes for days
    long live the jahrator

Quote Originally Posted by Boom Heir View Post
    my vote is troots. Montana gazeteer is your friend. ski hollowtop, post tr

Hey Bozeman area folks...

Looking to be your neighbor before the snow starts falling...Bit of a shot in the dark here, but the lady is looking for a nursing job at Deaconess, or any other nursing possibilities in the area. Anyone happen to be a nurse/have any connections/suggestions for her?

thanks!
    Drive slow, homie.

Better options in Billings with Deaconess and St. Vs but I'd guess she could find something in Bozeman. I'll ask my wife is she still has any connections.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

WTF is with the mountain mall at big sky ?

The cool indie shop that sold "nobody cares that you ski Bridger" stickers has been replaced by a corporate Oakley store ?

No more handwritten sign about Schmitty's Coulior ?

WTF Boyne ?

Edit: no more C&P Grocery ? That means no place to buy rubbers in the Mountain Village ! I predict a herpes outbreak in the Hill Condos.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    WTF is with the mountain mall at big sky ?

The cool indie shop that sold "nobody cares that you ski Bridger" stickers has been replaced by a corporate Oakley store ?

No more handwritten sign about Schmitty's Coulior ?

WTF Boyne ?

Edit: no more C&P Grocery ? That means no place to buy rubbers in the Mountain Village ! I predict a herpes outbreak in the Hill Condos.
    I was told the C&P space is going to be the Hungry Moose II

Big Sky is about to change.... big time.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post

^^^ sarcasm or is there something you know but cant share with us yet?

Z- If Deaconess falls through (I know they're hiring Surg floor nurses) check out the small hospital in Livingston. If your dead-set on Bozeman area, there are lots of clinic jobs in the vicinity (I know not as glamorous, or lucrative, but...). What type of nursing does she do? If your not dead set on BZN, there are more positions available in Helena, Missoula, Billings, GF.

Thanks MS- much appreciated. We are indeed deadset on Bozeman, but Livingston would be a reasonable commute I guess...

Rockcreek - Right now she works on Telemetry in a big hospital. It's a step-down unit so pretty busy I think. Biggest issue I think is that she only has 8 months experience total. I'll tell her to apply for Surgical...We will be in the area end of the month so I think she has plans to stop in and meet someone in person....
    Drive slow, homie.

Nice, best wishes dude and hope you get plenty of time in up at the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post

Hungry Moose II will be ok.

But that corporate Oakley store is a snooze-fest. The old place had tourists lined up buying stickers, tshirts, and such. This new Oakley store was deserted.