Page 453 of 884 FirstFirst ... 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 ... LastLast
Results 11,301 to 11,325 of 22099
    RTR is offline Shumanitutonka Ob' Wachi
    Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Can anyone recommend a Bozeman person to build a small pergola? Quickly, before my south facing porch is abandoned to the sweltering heat and sun exposure. Thanks.
    Not sure how many of you knew this, but you ought to see Bunion's carpentry skills... I have my own plans to load him up with beer and try to get some cheap labor out of him.

By the way, what happened to the finger mustache icon!?
    Click here to increase your vocabulary.

Quote Originally Posted by RTR View Post

By the way, what happened to the finger mustache icon!?

Not sure how many of you knew this, but you ought to see Bunion's carpentry skills... I have my own plans to load him up with beer and try to get some cheap labor out of him.
    Bunion's carpentry skills on proud display.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sebastian-kurpiel-fCnAr82Uu0c-unsplash-min-scaled.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	282.6 KB 
ID:	336224

I had a lot of help on the penalty box, Merik (RIP) and JonE (now @ BB) were instrumental in taking what was a flat roofed shitbox and making it the palatial palace it currently is.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Is that all pan decking?

I was just at our local landfill Friday and saw a couple of strapped full bundles in the pile. I instantly thought I could use them for something but didn't have a crane handy to drop them on my trailer.

No, the original bottom terminal of the tram came with all kinds of shaped corrugated sheet metal, siding, roofing panels and the L sections to join it all. For whatever reason that was never added, there was a shit load at the BS Boneyard. For all I know there are still some bundles left.

Just got off of Cottonwood after 9 holes of great entertainment. Last hole it must have been blowing 45 mph and raining cats and dogs.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Seems like a pretty good place to drop this...

So anyone have a recommended shop up yonder for Subarus? We're sending our decrepit old Outback up with the kids for the fall term at MSU and could use a good shop for... you know - old-ass Subaru issues.

TIA

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

RMS Subaru has done me and my old ass Subaru right.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Seems like a pretty good place to drop this...

So anyone have a recommended shop up yonder for Subarus? We're sending our decrepit old Outback up with the kids for the fall term at MSU and could use a good shop for... you know - old-ass Subaru issues.

TIA
    https://www.avalancheautorepair.com

Avalanche Auto Repair in Four Corners always treats me right. One man shop. Support your local ski bum. He specializes in old Subarus.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Can also recommend Wayd at RMS . He's kept my wife's '98 Forester with 250,000+ miles rolling for a long time.
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

Thanks, gents. I will def drop it at one of those joints when we get it up there...

It's heckin hot out.

Name:	IMG_7139.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	336404

Name:	IMG_7203.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	336405

Name:	IMG_7255.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	336406

Name:	IMG_7272.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	540.0 KB 
ID:	336407

Name:	IMG_7199.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	939.1 KB 
ID:	336408
    I think the potato gun proved the stability.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by ODHGABFE View Post
    It's heckin hot out.

Strong work. Very strong work. Not sure if I will ever be that motivated for mid summer turns again.

Anyone happen to be riding Lionhead on Saturday morning? Looking to finally check that off the box and my summer is filling up fast. Have to head to CO for some work stuff and figured I could hit that on the way down. Don't want to ride it solo though.

Quote Originally Posted by ODHGABFE View Post
    It's heckin hot out.

That looks awesome! Nice work.
    Theres something special about a thousand feet of skiing to green wildflower meadows and kettle lakes. Stoked there wasnt a fricken mtn bike in any of those pics.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Fall Line Will Set You Free

I got a glimmer of hope for next ski season at Big Sky while biking the resort with my 14 yo yesterday. Not a whiff of casualness about masking and distancing around the resort or among the employees. Signs and free masks everywhere, and looked to be about 99% compliance (far cry from places like Paws Up). As far as loading chairs, the lifties were leaving it up to people to "have a conversation" and decide if they wanted to ride with strangers, but they won't pair you up if you prefer to ride alone. We rode Ram8 twice with an employee of JHMR who had drove up in the morning and was super psyched on the mountain and the biking. Masks on, opposite ends of the chair, etc. Did not feel unsafe at any point during the day (we rode the shuttle bus from the town center wearing double masks, no joke!). Obviously a minuscule crowd compared to ski season, but at least BS is pretty much on point IMO. Also they have apparently been running the tram on weekends at about half capacity.

My daughter's first Mountain to Meadow was great--damn I forgot how tight and exposed a couple of those switchbacks near the end are, but I saw them through fresh eyes with her along. Snake Charmer at the top is awesome too, one of the best trails there. WRG thanks for the rec on Otter Slide, well worth pedaling over to it. Fun day.

Name:	20200805_152617.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	336488

Yeahman!

Otter Slide is kind of a secret it seems. Even when Swifty is running no one seems to go over there.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Also they have apparently been running the tram on weekends at about half capacity.
    Private groups only. Max 6 per group. $600 per ride. Boyne is making a shitload of money off this.

Expect this same business model this winter.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Private groups only. Max 6 per group. $600 per ride. Boyne is making a shitload of money off this.

Well yeah. OTOH they lost a shitload of $$$ when they closed early.

But it will be interesting to see what any ski operation will look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post

So $100 a person? Isn't that what they've always charged in the summer for a trip to the top? Pretty sure it is.

I think turning the tram into an exclusive pay-to-play operation during ski season would create a tremendous amount of ill will among 98% of their guests. I'll believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    So $100 a person? Isn't that what they've always charged in the summer for a trip to the top? Pretty sure it is.

I think turning the tram into an exclusive pay-to-play operation during ski season would create a tremendous amount of ill will among 98% of their guests. I'll believe it when I see it.
    Yeah, I don't see that happening.

Just getting patrollers up the Tram to do A/C work will be a slow process. 5 to a cabin is about what can be called SD.

Still very difficult to wrap your head around.

Yeahman! What a way to get the kid into mtn biking! Been riding the bus far as fuck from anyone after work a couple days outta the week.

Anyone into the boss? I've been listening to studio albums for a couple years but just started listening to live shows. It's so good.

Oh yea, and line cr looked like this this weekend....

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Yeahman!

Otter Slide is kind of a secret it seems. Even when Swifty is running no one seems to go over there.
    I always thought MTM was taking shuttle to moonlight lodge and riding otter down to mtn village before the short climb to descent to meadow. When I had a bike pass I'd also just hop the lift to snake charmer and cut out the climb. Maximum laziness was achieved by hitting margaritas in meadow before street tacos at riverhouse and camping up Taylor fork...

Temp gauge says 44 here at homestead, NWS says 36 in West. There's a snap in the air.

Demoed a Norco Sight 27.5 today while my bike was in the shop. First nice bike I’ve ever ridden. I’ll need to pony up next year.

Quote Originally Posted by East2West View Post
    Demoed a Norco Sight 27.5 today while my bike was in the shop. First nice bike I’ve ever ridden. I’ll need to pony up next year.

Hear they're gone be selling all the demos from chalet on the 15th.....

Rode a blackmore out n back to lickhorse then to moser and leverich today. Awesome option for the downhill minded bipedaller. Little shuttle at the end.... Berry's were going off in select locations.

No pics of the ride, but heres one of a buddy who found a sick camping spot up in the big sky meadow a few weeks ago.