Page 224 of 224 FirstFirst ... 219 220 221 222 223 224
Results 5,576 to 5,588 of 5588
    You probably already know this, but take it from a fellow telecommuter; make sure you have access to good internet wherever you finally end up. Satellite internet will NOT be good enough. Lots of good remote properties, and even some close-in ones, donít have even basic DSL.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    FYI there is a map feature on realtor.com too, if you prefer to view that way. It is kind of nice when you are getting oriented to a new area.

Good luck with your search. Hard to go wrong in Montana no matter where you end up.
    Oh I agree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    You probably already know this, but take it from a fellow telecommuter; make sure you have access to good internet wherever you finally end up. Satellite internet will NOT be good enough. Lots of good remote properties, and even some close-in ones, donít have even basic DSL.
    I did not really even think of it until today. Mostly taken good internet for granted I must say.

I lived in Missoula for 25 years and in Big Sky for 10 years, 35 years total in Montana. This state has a very live-and-let-live attitude that I don't find in other states. Example: in Wisconsin where I grew up, there are cops everywhere. You can't go 10 or 15 miles on the interstate without seeing a cop in the median shooting radar and giving out tickets for 2 or 3 mph over. I have never seen anything remotely like that here.

Anywhere you choose to live in this state is a good choice.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by JaBr View Post
    <snip>
    I did not really even think of it until today. Mostly taken good internet for granted I must say.
    Yeah... you can't really do that when you're talking west of the Mississippi.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    This stuff has been discussed quite a bit on TGR so no real reason to rehash it all. The below thread on Kalispell/Whitefish would be a good place to get some info about that area.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ight=kalispell

This thread should give you some insights into living in Big Sky/Bozeman area:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ig+sky+bozeman
    Another area to check out is Livingston/Paradise Valley. Close to Bozeman and Bridger Bowl.

Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I lived in Missoula for 25 years and in Big Sky for 10 years, 35 years total in Montana. This state has a very live-and-let-live attitude that I don't find in other states. Example: in Wisconsin where I grew up, there are cops everywhere. You can't go 10 or 15 miles on the interstate without seeing a cop in the median shooting radar and giving out tickets for 2 or 3 mph over. I have never seen anything remotely like that here.

Anywhere you choose to live in this state is a good choice.
    Well that's good to hear. Which area are you currently in? Do you have a preference?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Yeah... you can't really do that when you're talking west of the Mississippi.
    I do appreciate you guys making sure I'm aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    Another area to check out is Livingston/Paradise Valley. Close to Bozeman and Bridger Bowl.
    Yeah, there seems to be some housing options in those areas, I haven't ruled that out if we want to be in/near Bozeman.

Well that's good to hear. Which area are you currently in? Do you have a preference?
    I live in Big Sky currently, I have a slopeside mansion that doubles as a crash pad for visiting maggots like DJONGo Unchained and skifishbum.

I will tell you that I miss the cultural opportunities in Missoula. Being the home of a liberal arts university meant there was always something interesting going on in town. Big Sky is the exact opposite in that regard. So you have to self-entertain yourself by skiing, flyfishing, hiking, or mountain biking every day. It is a rough life, but somehow I manage.

You should post up some pics of your wife's tits so that we can better decide for you where to live.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Finally, someone asking for relevant information.

Hey fellow local mags. I work as an instructor up at the YC full time in the winter, and I am getting tired of the commute everyday from Bozeman. I love my place in Bozo so I don't really wanna move completely, but I would love a room to stay in in the meadow in Big Sky.

I am a licensed and insured painting contractor, so I could do some paint work in exchange for crashing a couple nights a week from mid December to April.

I would also be interested in some sort of live in caretaker/property manager thing if you know anyone who would need that sort of thing. I'm neat, non-smoking, non-partying, and like I said I am insured up to $2Million for liability, so a simple work contract would cover your ass.

Shoot me a PM if you know of anything, I don't check here often.

You teach skiing at the Y/C and don't have a horde of trophy wives wanting to put you up as their Cabana boy?

You need to up your game....

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    You teach skiing at the Y/C and don't have a horde of trophy wives wanting to put you up as their Cabana boy?

You need to up your game....
    I know, I even teach their kids, so I've got the "good with kids" angle covered too.

2nd post on the TGR forum (been lurking a while) and this is probably not the best place to put this, but can't find much for MT-talk on other forums...

My wife and I have been to Big Sky each of the past 2 seasons. I am starting a new job which will allow me to work remotely and we are eyeing Montana as an option to move as we have loved our time there.
    Figured I'd post in here and give it a shot to see if anyone has any good suggestions for me with places to look, areas I might not have thought about, etc.

We do have a young son (only 2 months old!) so we are also thinking about schools in the area and social aspect for him as well... something else for me to keep in mind while doing my search. My wife and I both snowboard and hope to get our son out on the snow as soon as possible.

Thanks!
    Jake
    oblig snide remark: Montana is full, but I hear North Dakota is nice this time of year.

Speaking as someone who just moved east (family reasons) after four years in Red Lodge, I'd strongly suggest you put it on your list, as well. The lift-served skiing can't touch Big Sky or Bridger during the winter, but locals get grumpy when there are five people ahead of them when they get to the lift. The town itself is a real community, despite being focused on tourism, and the Internet situation in town is fairly decent (Charter cable, which is reasonably quick, and CenturyLink DSL, which sucks for upload speeds, both serve the city proper). If you want to get out of the city core for more room for the dogs, verify Internet availability; Charter is in-town only, and the CenturyLink speeds drop off quick when you get more rural.

Backcountry access in the winter isn't great; if you get a sled (or sleds), there are a lot more options, though, including driving around towards Cooke.

The school system seems to be very well-regarded, too.

The fire over by Ennis makes it look like Lone Peak is an erupting volcano.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1534207988.889417.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	303.7 KB 
ID:	243990