Page 441 of 891 FirstFirst ... 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 ... LastLast
Results 11,001 to 11,025 of 22261
    Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Based on what I read $500 was the maximum fine. Confiscating or at least impounding the helicopter for awhile would have caught the perpetrators attention more than the fine. $500 to them would be like one of us paying a $3 parking fine to fish someplace cool, they likely spent more than $500 on fuel to get to the Bob and back.
    Oh yeah, I doubt $500 even makes them cringe in the slightest, but traffic tickets don't change in price depending on how much money you have or whether you're driving a hunk of crap or a Ferrari.

Not trying to defend what they did, but I really don't see the difference between some high rollers flying in on a helicopter or dirt bags riding in on dirt bikes. We're just assuming because they're rich that they're automatically assholes that think they can do whatever they want. Maybe that's true, maybe it was an honest mistake.

Either way I hope/doubt they will do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    No, BYEP is a great organization with a lot of great people, yeah she's on the board but baby and bathwater.
    It is. However(and its very possible) I havent seen a single comment from the organization distancing themselves from her. It's also telling that almost every comment I see mention her involvement on BYEP mysteriously disappears. Like CJ I'm more pissed than I should be but I think this just points to the larger problems of our economic divide and privilege. And there are quite a bit more pressing matters going on..

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgge View Post
    Either way I hope/doubt they will do it again.
    We need an enforcement grizzly like this one to keep the wilderness moto free.

Name:  Grizzly with Bison Head.jpg
Views: 2089
Size:  128.4 KB

It just wants a hug. Bears lives matter.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Hey Bunion, I’m pretty sure you know the guy who took that bear photo Talisman posted. Been in Big Sky since the 70’s. He took it with his iPhone. D00d has brass balls.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

That's a rad shot. On a bison carcass?

Maybe that's true, maybe it was an honest mistake.
    Almost no chance. Wilderness is pretty well-labeled on charts.

Just because your rich doesn't mean you're smart!

Just because your rich doesn't mean you're smart!
    Ignorance isn’t an excuse.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Ignorance isn’t an excuse.
    Yep

and
    someone smart enough to pass flight school and become a heli pilot understands the boundaries of legal flight paths & boundaries...

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    RC: Ignorant.

"Season pass sales end June 15th"

Stupidly (?) assumed that meant sale prices ended June 15th aka prices go up after June 15th......like every other year ever? Didn't think they meant "Passes no longer available after June 15th"

I mean is this for real? They literally are not gonna sell season passes anymore for the next roughly 5 months? How many could they possibly have sold at this point?

Guess I am buying a sled this year.

Huh..... I missed that completely.

Oh well, those that did buy passes will have the place to themselves.

Makes me regret that I deleted this.................

FUCK BIG SKY
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

RTR is offline Shumanitutonka Ob' Wachi
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    RC: Ignorant.

"Season pass sales end June 15th"

Stupidly (?) assumed that meant sale prices ended June 15th aka prices go up after June 15th......like every other year ever? Didn't think they meant "Passes no longer available after June 15th"

I mean is this for real? They literally are not gonna sell season passes anymore for the next roughly 5 months? How many could they possibly have sold at this point?

Guess I am buying a sled this year.
    This does seem crazy. I got a pass, but I also assumed that prices would just go up after 6/15... not that they'd stop selling them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Annotation 2020-06-19 102542.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	332023
    Click here to increase your vocabulary.

I had to call just to check.

Was told, "I would not be surprised to see passes go back on sale but for now we are done".

Crazy.

Is any other resort in the USA doing this? I mean if Denver was 50 minutes away I would understand, but Big Sky? Really?

Yes, the fault lies on me for not reading the FAQ, etc but it seems just a tad sneaky.

The language was extremely vague in all official Big Sky Instagram posts (where I get most of my info regarding the mountain) regarding passes for 20/21.

Basically emphasizing that loyalty pricing and pass assurance ended on 6/15, but the actual wording on passes actually no longer being available after 6/15 was not well thought out.

It should have been spelled out much more clearly. Yeah, I was hurting for money this spring.....like pretty much everyone I know......but I would have bought the pass a few days ago if I knew it was actually the last chance.

Edit to add:

Does anything about this indicate that they were going to stop all pass sales on 6/15? Seriously.

Name:  pass sales.jpeg
Views: 351
Size:  63.3 KB

In other, very different news:

"A ballot initiative group working to legalize recreational marijuana said Friday it had gathered nearly twice as many signatures as needed to get the matter on the ballot this November."

https://missoulian.com/news/state-an...me-top-story-1

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Is any other resort in the USA doing this? I mean if Denver was 50 minutes away I would understand, but Big Sky? Really?

Yes, the fault lies on me for not reading the FAQ, etc but it seems just a tad sneaky.

The language was extremely vague in all official Big Sky Instagram posts (where I get most of my info regarding the mountain) regarding passes for 20/21.

Basically emphasizing that loyalty pricing and pass assurance ended on 6/15, but the actual wording on passes actually no longer being available after 6/15 was not well thought out.

It should have been spelled out much more clearly. Yeah, I was hurting for money this spring.....like pretty much everyone I know......but I would have bought the pass a few days ago if I knew it was actually the last chance.

Edit to add:

Does anything about this indicate that they were going to stop all pass sales on 6/15? Seriously.

Name:  pass sales.jpeg
Views: 351
Size:  63.3 KB
    I emailed and got this response:

Not at the time being. We don’t know if they will bring them back in the future. If you would like to purchase one, you’ll have to call us today. We will be here until 4 pm. 406-995-5749 and please keep calling if you don’t get a human. We have a very limited staff at the moment.

Welp, I bit the bullet and called. Loyalty pricing and payment plans are still in effect through today.

The addiction is strong.....too strong for me. I feel like I need to go shower for 45 minutes now lol.

Fuckem

Sunday River and Sugarloaf were, in my recollection, pretty clear that "on sale until June 15" meant "we stop selling them after that, and may not resume." Not sure if I just noticed that because I'm on the computer all the time or because they were actually more clear about the messaging.

I'm expecting they will reopen sales, but I suppose that depends on how many passes they sell and how many guests they expect to be able to have based on state guidelines come winter. I'm glad to not be personally responsible for planning around that. I also wonder what will happen to the very-part-time employees who basically provide surge coverage in exchange for a few minimum-wage days and a pass if capacity is restricted.

Moving to Helena for work. Have been doing a lot of BC and resort skiing in CO the last few years. Can anyone hit me up with some beta on skiing and biking? Is great divide somewhat decent with backcountry nearby? I know Helena isn't the obvious ski choice but seems like a good all around choice. Anything is better than the front range shit show the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Moving to Helena for work. Have been doing a lot of BC and resort skiing in CO the last few years. Can anyone hit me up with some beta on skiing and biking? Is great divide somewhat decent with backcountry nearby? I know Helena isn't the obvious ski choice but seems like a good all around choice. Anything is better than the front range shit show the last few years.
    Helena is a great location for a skier. Lots of options.

Great Divide obviously
    Discovery (1 hour ?)
    Bridger (1.5 hours)
    Shodown (1 hour)
    Big Sky (2 hours)
    Snowbowl (2 hours)

Note: for the cost of a Big Sky pass you could buy a season pass at the top 4 on that list and still have money left over. That would be a blast.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Showdown etc. BC in Montana usually means either going out a gate, using a sled for access or being prepared for a bit of an approach.

Lots of small fun hills. And the Mountain Biking is way past very good.

Agreed. And TBH, Helena isn’t a bad town. Much cheaper rents, housing prices, and less of a scene.

The amount of people moving to Bozeman/Big Sky from the coasts is quite unbelievable.

And the Sprinter vans are on parade.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1592606154.138814.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	425.3 KB 
ID:	332064

Yeah we were able to get a place that is ride in ride out near mt Helena. That would have been 600k plus here in Colorado.