Page 158 of 890 FirstFirst ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 22245
    That's awesome to see, thanks for the report Ted. Yeah I didn't like the looks of the wind affect yesterday and decided not to tempt the upper elevation starting zones with big fresh cross loaded pillows hangin' out up there. Looks like some people kicked a few off elsewhere so not regretting that choice one bit. There will be some good days coming up though.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Looking great, gents.

wow!
    nice Tone and Ted26 !!!

How was that East Rosebud approach Ted? Did you top out on Froze to Death plateau?

Cool stuff Tone and Ted!

Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    How was that East Rosebud approach Ted? Did you top out on Froze to Death plateau?
    That storm on Saturday along the Beartooth Front dropped a shit ton of snow down low. We skinned from the trailhead all the way to the top of the plateau, skied all the way down to the trail and then skinned back to the car. It was already melting out along the trail though so I'd imagine that snow won't hang around long

Nice photos, worthy goals and excellent decision making.

On another note. RIP Marc.

You will be missed my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Big Sky was fun too, heavy pow and lots of fresh turns till about noon when things started getting pretty manky. Had fresh snow 3 out of the 4 days we were there for spring break, sure coulda been a lot worse all things considered. Plus I finally did get to ski the Snowfield with my thirteen year old. She REALLY wanted to do that so it was a nice way to cap off her season.
    Quote Originally Posted by bunion View Post
    Imagine Thumbs Up emoticon here....
    I'll second that!! Atta girl!!
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Aenigma View Post
    Does anyone in Big Sky know if there is still snow at the North Fork TH?
    Photo at 5pm Monday
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I think I'll mosey that way next week.
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

Windy morning on the Sphinx today.

Nice! Been up there in autumn, never on skis... looked like it'd make a killer tour. How was the skiing? Did you tag the Helmet, too? Where's the snow line?

Hell yeah, that's cool man. Appears that whatever happened to your knee earlier this season has healed up pretty well.

Snow line was probably around 8000', that south facing approach drainage doesn't have any snow in it right now. Coverage was fine off the summit and in the west gully. Knees getting closer, mcl still bugs me a little but at this point I think I just have to build my confidence back up so I can ski hard again

Headed to the Big for the week any maggots going to be around?
    Last edited by Leftyt; 04-07-2017 at 12:32 PM.

Is there any good ski touring around Bridger? Anyone keen to go?

Tone and Ted, nice pics, you guys inspired me to get out. Way to get after it. Made it and skied Chamonix couloir yesterday. What a line! Skiing was marginal at best, a little bit of everything. The worst was through the choke near the end of the line, massive frozen debris chunks made turns near impossible. After that smooth corn snow ripping. Phone died near the top, so no action shots unfortunately.

Nice, glad to hear and see, thank you. I got out a bit recently too, so here's to doin my part to keep the motivation level up. Hope to get out the next few days and poke around somewhere but not really set on anything yet. We'll see what the winds do with this storm and what the weather ends up being like.

Afternoon shred:

Not over yet:

Next day worked out fairly well:

A little peak bagging mission that's been tugging at me for a while.

scary perch:

A little blown off lower down but perfectly skiable.

Found the hero pow hiding out up high and north facing:

Pretty stoked:

Mordor!

Hard to resist, shit, if no one else is going to:

Did some convienient yoyo laps

Inch of dust on semi breakable crust but still fun and good enough to make a pretty picture, I'll take it.

Lower slope that wasn't debris was awesome! Kind of thin breakable crust that still skied like pow.

The noodle master himself even deemed my turns spoon worthy, haha. Good times buddy! Fun note to end the day on.

It's getting to that point where people are on to other things but I am trying to stay motivated. Hit me up if anyone can get out and see what ullr left it his wake the next few days.
    Last edited by tone capone; 04-09-2017 at 03:24 PM.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

This thread has been full on stoke lately. RLM skied nicely today with a variable 5-8" new across the mountain. Super windy, so lots of free refills.

Strong efforts! Great looking area.

Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    This thread has been full on stoke lately. RLM skied nicely today with a variable 5-8" new across the mountain. Super windy, so lots of free refills.
    ...and the mountain was nice enough not to send out their powder alerts until after 9 a.m., so it felt more like a weekday than a weekend. I don't have any action shots, because we were generally too busy skiing, but Cole Creek was skiing rather nicely with new snow on top of enough base to cover most of the obstacles in the trees.

Great turns this morning!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6325-Edit.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	826.8 KB 
ID:	204176

Name:	IMG_6329-Edit.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	829.9 KB 
ID:	204177
    Sea of clouds along the Yellowstone River corridor

Name:	IMG_6336-Edit.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	204181

Name:	IMG_6343-Edit.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	204182

Name:	IMG_6359-Edit.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	204183

Name:	IMG_6365-Edit.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	204186

Name:	IMG_6382-Edit.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	204187

Yes! Gotta love first tracks on that face! I went to the T roots today, surprise surprise, it was mostly wind fucked and windy as fuck. Still pieced together a half decent line in the less consequential terrain but had no regrets about not crawling up one of the steep couloirs.

Any beta from the other ranges/other peoples outings or possible joining of forces would be greatly appreciated! I have the next few days off and feel like I should make the most of them. I am more of the mindset of just going to a drainage and seeing what looks good rather than being dead set on a certain objective if anyone might be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    Yes! Gotta love first tracks on that face! I went to the T roots today, surprise surprise, it was mostly wind fucked and windy as fuck. Still pieced together a half decent line in the less consequential terrain but had no regrets about not crawling up one of the steep couloirs.

Any beta from the other ranges/other peoples outings or possible joining of forces would be greatly appreciated! I have the next few days off and feel like I should make the most of them. I am more of the mindset of just going to a drainage and seeing what looks good rather than being dead set on a certain objective if anyone might be interested.
    If you know of a good place between Missoula/Bozeman I might be down this weekend to do a day or two in the area if the weather plays along. Well doesn't have to be between, but not more than two and a half our drive from Missoula.

Nice work boys, awesome to see yous guys gettin after it, great pics, keep the stoke coming!

In other news, gonna try for one more lift-accessed day tomorrow @ BS if you wanna spin a few laps, hit me up.