Page 416 of 891 FirstFirst ... 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 ... LastLast
Results 10,376 to 10,400 of 22270
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    smoked oysters, that's some serious commitment.
    I climbed Rainier way back in the mid-90's and took a 2lb vacuum sealed bag of smoked oysters up to the hut for dinner. Goddam were those delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    RE Big Sky, the tram and skiing and resorts in general.

At the speed this thing is moving by this time next week we all may be hiking for turns.

All it will take is 1 positive test.

I could see WC or lawsuits filed from people who get exposed.
    That's why I'm jumping on Monday.

https://bigskyresort.com/covid-19

People can sue for any number of reasons, logical or not.

An employee gets sick and who can prove they didn't get it at work?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

A private jet arrived today at the BZN airport from a ski area in northern Italy. The occupants were not tested upon entering the USA. The occupants are now at the Yellowstone Club. I have no further info.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Perfect.

What could possibly go wrong.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

10 to a can tomorrow. Heroic efforts.

https://bigskyresort.com/covid-19

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Great Divide is getting hammered right now. Going to be a fun Saturday morning of fresh tracks. Cold though, high of 3 F.

So I can demand to ride ramcharger only with my lovely wife even though 100 people are in line? Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by elesquiador View Post
    10 to a can tomorrow.
    I am sure that 10 to the can is based on sound and peer reviewed science. To be safe please stay out of the Sugar Shacks at the YC for a week or two.

Wash your hands and clean up after yourself:

Name:  Broken Heart Shack Pack out.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  99.7 KB

relocation to MT advice

Hey all,

Ski/mountain lover from the flat tundra of Minnesota, looking for advice on where to move in Montana. Good friend got me into back country skiing in B.C. the past four years, but the one week per winter isn't cutting it anymore. Looking to move to Montana with my wife and two kids, and looking for advice. Needs to be in an area with a descent school and within distance to a resort (for the fam) and access to good back country for myself. We've looked at Missoula, Bozeman, and Whitefish...but been hard to find any good advice. Any recommendations on resources or folks to talk to would be greatly appreciated.

Just completed AIARE Level 1 in Colorado, and the instructor suggested I check out TGR forums to learn more about MT (since he didn't know)...but if there is a better place to learn more, please let me know.

Thanks!

Italian skiers are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    A private jet arrived today at the BZN airport from a ski area in northern Italy. The occupants were not tested upon entering the USA. The occupants are now at the Yellowstone Club. I have no further info.

Direct or did they stop somewhere for gas along the way?

BZN sees a lot of fairly real money (private 757 that flew in the other day, anyone?) but direct from Italy on a small jet is largely above even BZN's insane baseline.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

North facing has been skiing most excellently this week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6DCC3AD2-AC53-4BC2-8A09-73A930953686.jpeg 
Views:	72 
Size:	269.4 KB 
ID:	320195   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1E5E1390-1382-40E2-B6F0-BF24A8415D83.jpeg 
Views:	72 
Size:	263.9 KB 
ID:	320196   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0B91D066-4CD4-453E-AC09-81A6A460DB19.jpeg 
Views:	76 
Size:	573.9 KB 
ID:	320197  

Quote Originally Posted by minnesnowda View Post
    Hey all,

Ski/mountain lover from the flat tundra of Minnesota, looking for advice on where to move in Montana. Good friend got me into back country skiing in B.C. the past four years, but the one week per winter isn't cutting it anymore. Looking to move to Montana with my wife and two kids, and looking for advice. Needs to be in an area with a descent school and within distance to a resort (for the fam) and access to good back country for myself. We've looked at Missoula, Bozeman, and Whitefish...but been hard to find any good advice. Any recommendations on resources or folks to talk to would be greatly appreciated.

Just completed AIARE Level 1 in Colorado, and the instructor suggested I check out TGR forums to learn more about MT (since he didn't know)...but if there is a better place to learn more, please let me know.

Thanks!
    Missoula and Whitefish FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    For billionaires a non-stop on a Gulfstream is nothing.
    Italy to MT is stretching it for a Gulfstream G750 so would assume they have to stop. I work closely for billionaires and they wouldn’t do this knowing how they travel but they are fairly reasonable...for billionaires of course

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    For billionaires a non-stop on a Gulfstream is nothing.
    I think you overestimate how few of those there are. There's private jet money and there's direct from Europe to Montana on a private jet money.

edit: Also, there aren't many people who could/would tolerate being on a relatively small plane for that long.

True, but if they are freaking out and didn't want to risk a fuel stop it IS possible with certain small private jets. They probably stopped in Halifax or something like that for fuel.

The rate of new virus cases in Seattle is not that far off of the rate of infection in Italy. With Seattle schools closed, there are a bunch of Seattle folk venturing to Big Sky with Ikon pass in hand. I'd be more afraid of that than a single plane from Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by FringeLife View Post
    ^^^^Sweet looking turns.

After a casual morning it’s time to get out for a few laps. No rat race here.
    thanks, 1 me, 1 someone else
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by FringeLife View Post
    excellent
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    What could possibly go wrong.
    zombie apocalypse at the Gates estate, or the estate gate....or whatev
    www.freeridesystems.com

4 cases in MT now. One Gallatin County man in his 40s who was traveling internationally.

Quote Originally Posted by minnesnowda View Post
    Hey all,

Thanks!
    Try and spend some time in the towns you are considering. Get some Airbnb’s for a week or two, see what clicks with you and the fam. Take the kids to the local school and see if they like it.

I loved living in Missoula, but it’s a different world there now. All 3 of your choices have great skiing nearby. I can only imagine they are all better then the tundra of Minnesota...