Page 186 of 891 FirstFirst ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... LastLast
Results 4,626 to 4,650 of 22264
    9pm dog walk report: still snowing
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Aenigma View Post
    First tracks down Ellis this morning did not bum me out at all.
    Hit the burn? How's the tobbagan run?

VT bum:
    First, did you win my skis damnit? How many of us can there be?
    Second, it seems to me we have the water and guns and manpower (newer guns are remotely controlled), what we seem to lack is electrical infrastructure. I'm pretty sure they can only light so many up at one time. With that said, it only takes about 48 hrs to open triple to base from damn near dirt: that's a lot of capability. M is a long wide bastard, always feels like that one takes forever. Once those are open, you bet, they dial it back to "economy" operations. But we can open quick when needed.
    BTW...I'm in red at work and in blue papa smurf on days off. Bright yellow Roxa boots. Say hi some time.

Surfs up! I hear Slushman's is down though, 127 mph wind gust overnight.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Looks like the most recent Snowmageddon was a bit of a bust.

When will the local meteorologists get it that an over running scenario is very complex and rarely translates into a big dump for this area.

Still been a pretty good week. Taking today for office work.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

4-6" at the top of andesite this morning. Lone moose should open today. Still lightly snowing too!

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    Surfs up! I hear Slushman's is down though, 127 mph wind gust overnight.
    It hit 176 at the top of the tram a couple weeks back, fucking nuts. I would imagine a triple digit gust would fuck up slushmans pretty good, hope chairs aren't too tangled in that comm line, that's a huge pain in the ass to deal with. Happened a lot on old challenger

Nuclear dumpage continues. Coming down real hard right now. Big flakes. My legs = rubber...

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Excellent, this keeps up and tomorrow will be worth the drive and the weekend crowds.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

This news pleases me. I leave tomorrow and head east. See you busters soon.

Awww. You lucky jerks! And here I'm stuck a few hours away. Enjoy all the fresh snow! Am I going to need to plow my driveway when I come and check on the house next week? A few weeks back I did NOT have fun hand digging my big drive out of the like 2 feet of snow. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Hit the burn? How's the tobbagan run?
    Compared to a couple weeks ago: more of the rocks are covered, less of the creek is covered. I think it skied totally fine.

Going to be some serious fresh tracks to be had on the peak tomorrow for anybody who can get their ass in the tram line early because only things open up there today were Liberty Bowl and the Couloir. Took advantage of the Liberty laps to drop into Bavarian Forest (freaking amazing) and also Rockville Bowl (also very nice). Hadn't done either yet this year so that was cool.

But the real awesomeness today was the first 90 minutes on Lone Moose...wish I had a good pic to show the waist deep fresh tracks and the euphoria of the small gang of folks who were "in the know"...thanks again swiftyb for the advance notice on the lift opening. Felt like I was heli skiing!

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I will be in the tram line first thing!

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Awww. You lucky jerks! And here I'm stuck a few hours away. Enjoy all the fresh snow! Am I going to need to plow my driveway when I come and check on the house next week? A few weeks back I did NOT have fun hand digging my big drive out of the like 2 feet of snow. Haha.
    A fucking shovel ????

GTFO.

With all the dumpage up here THIS is what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Going to be some serious fresh tracks to be had on the peak tomorrow for anybody who can get their ass in the tram line early because only things open up there today were Liberty Bowl and the Couloir. Took advantage of the Liberty laps to drop into Bavarian Forest (freaking amazing) and also Rockville Bowl (also very nice). Hadn't done either yet this year so that was cool.

But the real awesomeness today was the first 90 minutes on Lone Moose...wish I had a good pic to show the waist deep fresh tracks and the euphoria of the small gang of folks who were "in the know"...thanks again swiftyb for the advance notice on the lift opening. Felt like I was heli skiing!
    Sure thing, I bet there were some serious hero turns being made over there yesterday. Lift chose a great time to be shut down for a week haha. How many people were over there at lift opening?

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftybish View Post
    Sure thing, I bet there were some serious hero turns being made over there yesterday. Lift chose a great time to be shut down for a week haha. How many people were over there at lift opening?
    Hmmm, seems like maybe 15-20 people sped down there right away. More showed up later, but still only 1 out of every 5 or 10 chairs were filled. Obviously more than normal when you're the only person on the whole lift practically. Lots of whooping a hollering going on.

I gave a snowboarder a quick pole-pull on the cat track getting down there, just seemed like the thing to do as I went past him, then later in the tram line some guy hands me a wooden token for a free beer at Beehive. It was the guy I pulled. I guess he's the brewer there. That was kind of funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    A fucking shovel ????

GTFO.

With all the dumpage up here THIS is what you need.
    Ruh roh! That's gonna suck for me. Good for the mountain, though! Even if I can't be out there, I'm enjoying hearing the good reports.

Went down with a friend who has a bit of a sore knee.

Got to top of Headwaters just as the A-Z sign was being flipped, he bailed so to stay on the lower Headwaters area so I hiked up and skied Biffs with Taylor (BSSP), he was kind enough to give me 1st dibs and then 8ed my turns. Not powder skiing per say, but thick creamy and very good. Thanks Woody. At that time the Tram line seemed pretty manageable.

I looped back to Challenger to meet back up with said friend and we did a bunch of Headwaters laps (Cold Spring/Fire was nice) and then some Challenger laps. Lower Pinnacles was as filled in as I have ever seen it.

There were a lot of what looked to me like former BB skiers who sprung for either Tram lite gold passes or the whole enchilada, some seriously good older skiers were making their presence known.

A good day.
    Last edited by Not bunion; 01-13-2018 at 05:58 PM.

Glad to hear that Bridger and the Sky are getting the goods too this season. Will have to make it back over soon for some turns.

Remembered that I had an old a copy of my brother's senior project from 2002. He chose to shoot and edit a ski movie, and one of the segments was a legendary 71" day that they drove all the way from the Flathead overnight to ski. I'll just leave this here for a Saturday nugget:

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Glad to hear that Bridger and the Sky are getting the goods too this season. Will have to make it back over soon for some turns.

Remembered that I had an old a copy of my brother's senior project from 2002. He chose to shoot and edit a ski movie, and one of the segments was a legendary 71" day that they drove all the way from the Flathead overnight to ski. I'll just leave this here for a Saturday nugget:

That day will go down in history. Drove to the hill for 2 days straight to see if they would open. First day was almost too deep(I know blasphemy). RIP mike.

It was too deep. Wallow fest like none other. Nobody could turn!

I remember seeing a snowboarder laying on his board on his belly, fucking swimming down the slope.

That day was crazy. I was on spatulas thinking I would be fine, wrong! Sooooo under gunned.

Nice bluebird day at bridger and less of a shitshow than yesterday. I gotta admit I almost had as much fun ripping corduroy as the heavy pow in bridger gully(which was still fun as hell).

Gotta love spring skiing in early January. I rolled into Shedhorn Yurt, got a Brat and a Cold Smoke, went out on the deck took off my helmet and promptly fell asleep in the sun. Woke up with a nice tan. I can't believe this is still early January.