Page 317 of 892 FirstFirst ... 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 ... LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,925 of 22285
    Let's run the Teton. Rumor has it there's fish. There's also notorious valley maggots with drifters.

Teton River it is. Never been on that stretch of water.

Maybe plan the next ' Pierre's Hole Rendezvous' for a mag fishing shindig.

I think the last one was 1832...

They need to open the lifts back up. 6 inches of light fluffy pow today plus still dumping hard.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Dumping in Helena too. Unfortunately yesterday was closing day at Great Divide.. they couldn't make it to Cinco de Mayo this year. Could be good for a hike up this week though.

I love your part of the world but god damn the wind! Makes the front range of Wyoming look like a joke. It would drive me crazy.

Never fished the Teton but I did kayak Bitch Creek with the run out on the Teton to the old dam site.

I have been repeatedly told it is very good fishing.

If anybody is interested Great Divide has decided to stay open one more day:

Montana’s Longest Ski Season just got even longer. There is just too much snow, so we are going to operate the Mount Belmont Chairlift again this Saturday, May 4th, from 10am-5pm. This is just 6 days shy of 6 months of operation starting way back on November 10th 2018. E-Tix will be just $20 and we will continue our inventory reduction sale with $3 From Helena breweries. See you on the snow this Saturday at Great Divide!

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    If anybody is interested Great Divide has decided to stay open one more day:
    Thanks for the PSA as the ticket and beer prices are tempting! Let's see if the weather cooperates and Harry can talked into an excursion to the westward in the the TGR staff vehicle.

It is snowing lightly now and just below freezing at 6800 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Thanks for the PSA as the ticket and beer prices are tempting! Let's see if the weather cooperates and Harry can talked into an excursion to the westward in the the TGR staff vehicle.

It is snowing lightly now and just below freezing at 6800 feet.
    Great Divide has zero smoke shacks so I refuse to ski there.

Plus I have to work on Saturday..... I would go on Sunday, but looks like they are closed.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Great Divide has zero smoke shacks so I refuse to ski there.
    Fake news!

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Fake news!
    Abandoned mine shafts do not count.

Ha. Like the one I fell into a couple years ago. Double E and chest slam, fun.

Unfortunately I don't think I will be skiing because my dad will be visiting and my daughter has a high school tennis match that day. Wish I could.

Lol, those are the original smoke shacks man! (I can see pics are in order for next year)

Talisman not sure I will make it up Saturday since mountain biking is so good in Helena right now (albeit a bit chilly today), but could be persuaded if you or other mags end up heading this way. Not sure what coverage will be off the groomed, but likely interesting. I skipped last weekend so haven't seen it in a couple weeks. It was sweet cream cheese corn/dense powder everywhere 2 weeks ago on top of a smooth/firm base, surprisingly good. A lot has melted since though. But like you said, the price is right.

Let me know if you or others head this way and I can forgo biking to get some turns in.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Let me know if you or others head this way
    just rolled back into the last best place last night from a great weekend at meadows. feeling like another day of lift served with some good folks would do me some good

start a new job thursday and not sure if they're wanting me in on saturday, i'll know for sure later this week and let ya know

Quote Originally Posted by detuned View Post
    just rolled back into the last best place last night from a great weekend at meadows. feeling like another day of lift served with some good folks would do me some good

start a new job thursday and not sure if they're wanting me in on saturday, i'll know for sure later this week and let ya know
    Sounds good! Looking like 46F and sunny Friday, hopefully not too much melt out before the weekend. Bummed that I never made it back up your way, next year!

Any of you guys go to Map brewery in Bozeman and know PK?

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1556733458.437048.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	550.3 KB 
ID:	280994

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1556733474.723752.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	512.1 KB 
ID:	280995

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1556733559.785683.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	785.7 KB 
ID:	280996

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1556733458.437048.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	550.3 KB 
ID:	280994

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1556733474.723752.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	512.1 KB 
ID:	280995

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1556733559.785683.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	785.7 KB 
ID:	280996
    A good afternoon to harvest corn....

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Any of you guys go to Map brewery in Bozeman and know PK?
    Yes and yes....
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

Just saw this in my news feed. Anybody got the inside scoop?
    https://ktvq.com/news/montana-news/2...e-revocations/
    All I gotta say is... sounds about par for the course. Lol

^^Heh. Wow. Pretty blatant subversion of the rules. Reeeaaal curious to see how this plays out. Probably just huge fines? Montana can use the $$$$$$. Imagine if the YC became a BYOB operation. How many millions did I pay to get into this place and now I gotta BYOB? Lol. Must have been a mighty unhappy employee who dropped a dime on that operation.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Must have been a mighty unhappy employee who dropped a dime on that operation.
    Ha, no shit! And I bet that massive wine collection they confiscated was worth a small fortune.

So there's an interesting corner of Montana liquor law insofar as selling it clearly requires licensing and jumping through the proper hoops, and a licensed seller basically has to follow the same rules to give it away, but it's not 100% clear from reading the law that the bulk of the liquor regs apply to non licensees if they want to give it away. Allowing BYOB is also an interesting question if you read the law and the regulations closely (the DLC certainly has an opinion on the matter, but I haven't been able to find any citations to indicate that it's been tested in court).

It was a question raised by someone in Red Lodge with respect to unlicensed businesses giving away eggnog and such during Christmas stroll, but if the YC actually lost their license I could see them giving away alcohol (at least to some degree) if that allowed them to avoid the licensing requirements... And unlike Christmas stroll, that would be a big enough and visible enough situation that I'd expect the DLC to attempt enforcement and the YC to have the legal resources to mount a good defense.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    So there's an interesting corner of Montana liquor law insofar as selling it clearly requires licensing and jumping through the proper hoops, and a licensed seller basically has to follow the same rules to give it away, but it's not 100% clear from reading the law that the bulk of the liquor regs apply to non licensees if they want to give it away. Allowing BYOB is also an interesting question if you read the law and the regulations closely (the DLC certainly has an opinion on the matter, but I haven't been able to find any citations to indicate that it's been tested in court).

It was a question raised by someone in Red Lodge with respect to unlicensed businesses giving away eggnog and such during Christmas stroll, but if the YC actually lost their license I could see them giving away alcohol (at least to some degree) if that allowed them to avoid the licensing requirements... And unlike Christmas stroll, that would be a big enough and visible enough situation that I'd expect the DLC to attempt enforcement and the YC to have the legal resources to mount a good defense.
    The whole "confusion about the law" defense MIGHT have seemed more plausible had they not blatantly tried hiding the booze for the initial inspection in January. Per the article:

Quote Originally Posted by KTVQ
    Justice Department inspector Charley Gappmayer visited the facilities Jan. 16 and determined they met the legal requirements. No alcoholic beverages were on-site, the documents said.

Several days later, however, Gappmayer received a tip that alcohol was being stored and served at the facilities, and that the operators had loaded the alcohol into U-Haul trucks and transported them to a nearby parking garage before the inspection, the documents said.

Gappmayer and another inspector returned, unannounced, on Jan. 24 and found a fully stocked bar and liquor operation, with customers there as well, the documents said.
    RUH ROH!

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    The whole "confusion about the law" defense MIGHT have seemed more plausible had they not blatantly tried hiding the booze for the initial inspection in January. Per the article:

RUH ROH!
    Oh, yeah, they're pretty much f***ed. Loading everything in a UHaul and then bringing it back on site after the inspection is the kind of thing that makes inspectors look for undotted i's and uncrossed t's everywhere. The question would become: what happens if the liquor license gets revoked? I don't think it's likely—it could happen, I think; if I understand correctly, three violations can result in the license being permanently revoked—but I'd expect their legal team to negotiate a better outcome than that. Given some of the shenanigans I saw going on in Red Lodge on a regular basis without real enforcement action—which, I might add, were a more-or-less open secret in town—I don't expect them to get nailed to the wall.

I was thinking more in terms of "what next?"—if they got the license revoked, the DLC claims that the regs still apply, but it's not entirely clear from reading the law that they do, as the remedies seem to focus on administrative action against licensees, not criminal action against non-licensees. If they don't, YC could allow BYOB and/or give away drinks, so long as they weren't giving them away to minors (again, based on my reading of the law, and I'm no lawyer). If the license is instead suspended, they would definitely still be bound by all the DLC regulations and subject to further administrative action if they violated them.