Page 356 of 891 FirstFirst ... 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 ... LastLast
Results 8,876 to 8,900 of 22261
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmot or Fox View Post
    Not to correct the Mayor but.

Always appreciate your insight.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I gotta say the Headwaters theme is way better than the Nashville names IMO. At least it makes a grain of sense.

Yeah, the thing is most of these names are not ski runs per se, they are either avalanche starting zones or paths and in order to be able to remember which is which you need memorable (to you) names. Given enough time ski areas get a name for every feature. BB has numerous names for the same shit depending on what era you are in.

For Nashville Basin, I believe that is a name that appears on some USGS 7.5 scale maps, then around 1990 a patroller claimed she "saw Elvis" while poaching on the job over there before there was a Moonlight Basin.

And if you stand at the right spot and squint your eyes the chutes from Firehole looking left spell Elvis.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

That’s a cool tidbit. What’s the best snow on an opening day at BS you remember? I’m headed out tomorrow, so if anyone wants to link up or drink a beer...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^^^ 1995, 1st year of the Tram.

We were opening terrain as fast as we could get lift operators trained and ropes and signs up.

Next time I see Yunce I will bring up Schmitty’s and see what his reaction is. Should I put on brass underpants first ?
    Nope, there is a reason he has been able to remain working there as long as he has, very loooooooong fuse.

Edit to add, lining up already 7:30 am for a 9:00 load.

Last edited by Marmot or Fox; 11-28-2019 at 08:31 AM.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Today was by far the most people I have ever seen on opening day. I got there at 8 am and was on 4th (or 5th ?) chair. Resort brought us free cookies at around 8:15. I was a party of 3 and I saw Talisman’s non-mag buddy Super-G in the singles line so I waved him over. Got to visit with him for 30 minutes or so until the lift opened.

Cruised groomerz until noon. Now headed for some turkey dinner.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Marmot or Fox View Post
    ^^^ 1995, 1st year of the Tram.

We were opening terrain as fast as we could get lift operators trained and ropes and signs up.
    My first season there, unreal.

I had some great runs today, and even a few powder turns as they opened Hangman’s around 1 pm. Big gnarly bumps up on the Challenger Lift, crud in the bowl, and some soft skiing everywhere else.

Fun first day today with the fam. I give the RFID system 2/5 stars. Funny to watch people wiggling around trying to get the thing to read. I guess we'll get used to it.

IKON dude with pink helmet was flying the flag on Powder Seeker.

^^^ sacrificial lamb sent by execs to test the animosity amongst locals

Did a bigger tour at BBowl today, Bradley Meadows and then over to the area above the Fingers, in the trees between Job 1 and Fingers meadow. The wind at the ridge was insane but not too far below it, there was no shortage of shin-to-knee deep turns. No pictures of that, of course, but rather a shot of the nice visibility.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000220.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	639.8 KB 
ID:	304188

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    IKON dude with pink helmet was flying the flag on Powder Seeker.
    Quote Originally Posted by East2West View Post
    ^^^ sacrificial lamb sent by execs to test the animosity amongst locals
    Funny story involving non-mag Super-G from opening day. We got in line early, but the RFID situation was still an unknown. At the crack of 9 they let us in, and sure enough some JONG ends up trying to be #5 on our 4 person chair. Super-G is a fairly chill guy, but he barked at this idiot “show me your IKON Pass !” , and the dude started reaching in his pocket as Super-G and our party loaded the chair and left this loser to explain to the Lifty’s WTF he was doing in the corral.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    Did a bigger tour at BBowl today, Bradley Meadows and then over to the area above the Fingers, in the trees between Job 1 and Fingers meadow. The wind at the ridge was insane but not too far below it, there was no shortage of shin-to-knee deep turns. No pictures of that, of course, but rather a shot of the nice visibility.

Name:	P1000220.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	639.8 KB 
ID:	304188
    Wife was tired so we turned back at the top alpine. Looking forward to tomorrow. Conditions should be sweet through the rest of the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by East2West View Post
    Wife was tired so we turned back at the top alpine. Looking forward to tomorrow. Conditions should be sweet through the rest of the weekend.
    It's only going to get better up there in the next couple days, this stuff coming down right now has almost no moisture in it. On top of what's already above the crust, it might start to feel like winter!

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Nice fluffy snow on the south side of Andesite today. Hopefully I get my shit together and get a pass soon. Might be touring only for this bum this year.

Last run on Tippy's. Should be a couple inches fresh in the morning, it's snowing and blowing where I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Funny story involving non-mag Super-G from opening day. We got in line early, but the RFID situation was still an unknown. At the crack of 9 they let us in, and sure enough some JONG ends up trying to be #5 on our 4 person chair. Super-G is a fairly chill guy, but he barked at this idiot “show me your IKON Pass !” , and the dude started reaching in his pocket as Super-G and our party loaded the chair and left this loser to explain to the Lifty’s WTF he was doing in the corral.

Does Super-G drive a purple truck? If so he and my old man go waaaaay back. Hall 'n Ass they used to call themselves.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

He is Talisman’s buddy, so I have no idea what he drives, but that is definitely the same guy. You can find his stickers tagged in all smokeshacks anywhere on the mountain. Great guy.

Name:  Image1575119193.849598.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  52.5 KB

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    14" new blower at 5600' near Bozeman Pass. Bridger will be ridiculous today.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

^^^ I may pull out the protests that I picked up used last year and never skied.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    He is Talisman’s buddy, so I have no idea what he drives, but that is definitely the same guy. You can find his stickers tagged in all smokeshacks anywhere on the mountain. Great guy.

Name:  Image1575119193.849598.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  52.5 KB

Haha yup, dad brought me a bunch of G's stickers. Good dude, I'll have to meet up with him for some turns.

Name:	IMG_1067.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	304272

8 person chairlift. 6 RFID gates, with one of those 6 being dedicated to a singles line. I'm not good at math and all but hmm..

Sure had fun out there though. Plenty of real good turns, still definitely November, but I sure ain't complaining!
    I think the potato gun proved the stability.

Schlasmans was great morning. There’s 8-14” of very light/dry new snow up high. I was still hitting/skiing on the crust below that in most spots, but there’s enough new snow that it’s not really a big deal.
    Last edited by kathleenturneroverdrive; 11-30-2019 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ODHGABFE View Post

Name:	IMG_1067.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	304272

8 person chairlift. 6 RFID gates, with one of those 6 being dedicated to a singles line. I'm not good at math and all but hmm..

Big Sky is really going to need to figure that shit out before Christmas. Parking lots were close to maxed today. The system for Swifty was kind of fucked up. You line up, go through a queue and then get your ticket RFIDed and then you get dumped into a small no mans land where the line from the other side also merges. I grouped with 3 other people, went through the scanner and then once in no-mans land somehow found that the 3 some was now a 4 some even though they had said they were a 3 some before the scanner. The lift was acting up so I said fuck it and went back to the Ocho.

The Bowl wasn't bad skiing, the rest of the hill was in decent shape for November. I did lose my temper at a young enthusiast who passed me inside on a cat track with no room to spare. He did say he was trying to not hit me. Be glad when more terrain opens.

Saw Yeahman and several of the other Usual Suspects. Game on.

Heck, yeah. Timed it right and got a couple pow runs today at the big. Also, a couple rock runs...