Page 357 of 884 FirstFirst ... 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 ... LastLast
Results 8,901 to 8,925 of 22092
    Yeah the bowl was surprisingly good today, did many laps. Rest of the runs were good too, that few inches last night helped a lot.

Agree the gate thing needs to be figured out. NB's description was spot on, same thing happened to me more than once. (Nice to see ya btw.)

Gold Pass parking lot gets two thumbs up from me. Snagged a spot right up front two days running.

Also kudos to Big Sky for opening the conference room for people who want to boot up/warm up. Free coffee and cocoa is a nice touch too. Sure better than the shitshow over in the mountain mall right now.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Hit up the Belrock today after they got some good dumpage this week. Patrol managed to open the main chair for the first time this season, which provided some good blue sky skiing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6480.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	675.9 KB 
ID:	304334

Name:	IMG_6481.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	577.3 KB 
ID:	304335

Upper part of Wild West skied deeeeep. Was able to link knee-deep turns in that area, and the crowds were surprisingly light.

Not a bad November for the GD.

Name:	Image1575169290.690386.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	304337Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1575169312.429407.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	304338

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Name:	Image1575224345.621914.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	304372

Name:	Image1575224377.087887.jpg 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	304373

Name:	Image1575224417.364656.jpg 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	304374

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

^ are those folks trying to claim first chair by leaving their skis?

It's like Chicago dibs.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    ^ are those folks trying to claim first chair by leaving their skis?
    Yeah, what's up with that?! I'd throw that shit as far as I can in a heap and hope a Cat runs over it on the way back to the barn. Am I wrong? Can I get a ruling from the Marshall?

edit to add: unless of course there was a patrol/work pack and a radio harness clearly left in the pile.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Yeah, what's up with that?! Can I get a ruling from the Marshall?
    Just off camera Harry is supervising a busy three making pancakes, frying bacon, warming huckleberry compote and brewing coffee on a camp stove. Rule would be nice and maybe you get some bacon and coffee.

Yeah, what's up with that?! I'd throw that shit as far as I can in a heap and hope a Cat runs over it on the way back to the barn. Am I wrong? Can I get a ruling from the Marshall?
    We try hard not to be assholes out here, getting more difficult al the time.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

edit to add: unless of course there was a patrol/work pack and a radio harness clearly left in the pile.
    Patrol poles don’t look like that

Quote Originally Posted by Marmot or Fox View Post
    We try hard not to be assholes out here, getting more difficult al the time.
    I can see why. Leaving skis in the corral to hold spots is bullshit and should be called out in my opinion, before the practice grows and becomes more accepted. Offenders should go to the penalty box and feel shame. I'm honestly curious what others think about this in different parts of the ski world.

They have been doing it at Alta for as long as I can remember.

Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Leftyt View Post
    They have been doing it at Alta for as long as I can remember.

Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app
    I have also seen this at other resorts for as long as i can recall and have never seen anyone go all “singlecross” on them.

Leaving skis in the corral to hold spots is bullshit and should be called out in my opinion, before the practice grows and becomes more accepted. Offenders should go to the penalty box and feel shame. I'm honestly curious what others think about this in different parts of the ski world.
    Disagree, it's been a time honored mechanism at a lot of places going way back.

Besides, fuck shame.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Disagree, it's been a time honored mechanism at a lot of places going way back.
    So have ass kickings....if I’m there early enough to see this shit I’ll move it. They want their spot back they’ll have to do some ass kicking. Maybe I keep my spot, maybe they get their’s back. Either way I’ll end up with something entertaining to post.

Edit: And if I’m wrong, I’ll start selling this as a service to tourists. I’ll collect their shit and go throw it in the line for a fee.

Quote Originally Posted by East2West View Post
    So have ass kickings....if I’m there early enough to see this shit I’ll move it. They want their spot back they’ll have to do some ass kicking. Maybe I keep my spot, maybe they get their’s back. Either way I’ll end up with something entertaining to post.

Edit: And if I’m wrong, I’ll start selling this as a service to tourists. I’ll collect their shit and go throw it in the line for a fee.
    Really? You want to be an asshole that much?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Offenders should go to the penalty box and feel shame.
    Not sure if skipping the tram line to go to the Big Sky "penalty box" at the summit is really punishment as it is a fun place to sign out with patrol and sit for a few minutes savoring the construction workmanship before an adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Really? You want to be an asshole that much?
    On this, I guess so. If someone is stoked enough to want first chair they shouldn’t have an issue waiting in line for it. If they can’t be bothered they shouldn’t be upset about being on the 13th one. I get it if someone needs to run inside to take a leak or grab something out of a locker but I personally think someone leaving gear to go sit inside shouldn’t hold a spot.

Name:	P1000273.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	304443

Jobs for days

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Not sure if skipping the tram line to go to the Big Sky "penalty box" at the summit is really punishment as it is a fun place to sign out with patrol and sit for a few minutes savoring the construction workmanship before an adventure.
    Agreed... I was thinking of a different penalty box. Actually, now that I think of it maybe it's the old hockey player in me that is bringing up this angry lift line vibe. On the ice if somebody pulls a shady move, you hold them accountable and don't wait for the refs to do it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    Jobs for days

I've gotta find the time to get up there this week, didn't exactly get the goods today.

Not sure how I feel about leaving skis in line. Depends on the circumstances. If the group is just walking around talking to people or grabbing a coffee or a quick bathroom break then it seems legit.

But if I show up at 7am with my crew, drop our skis in line and then we all go sit down inside or for breakfast until 8:55am, then that would be pretty lame.

I think mass heckling perpetrators of the latter would be an appropriate way to get the point across. But tossing someone’s gear probably isn’t the answer.

"Skiing is the easy part, Carl."