Page 395 of 891 FirstFirst ... 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 ... LastLast
Results 9,851 to 9,875 of 22256
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Tracking up the M FTW!

As for Big Sky, and the rest. a day of reflection and perusal of the shots from Vail & JH tells me we still are not close to having it that bad.

I do think that Boyne may get a lot more shit about IKON from the people who matter. You know, those 2nd home owners who don't want their playground over run. Whether it makes a dent is another matter.

Down day for me. I had a bit of a scare yesterday afternoon that involved speed, tight trees, a bit of a luge course through said trees and suddenly one tree across the course at a 90 degree angle about 3 feet above the snow. Too tight to throw them sideways, too fast to stop, only action available was to lay it back on the tails and go under. I made it somehow but I may have scarred my new 100 dollar goggles. Another guy followed the same track and managed to avoid disaster. Hopefully no one else follows today, that 36" may be a good bit lower.
    not sure what you tore up , but ive got a used fancy pair u can have free , i was going to try to find a free basket around town...pm me if u want...
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

10am: Road up the mountain backed up all the way to the Conoco.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    not sure what you tore up , but ive got a used fancy pair u can have free , i was going to try to find a free basket around town...pm me if u want...

I scuffed the lens. Pay it forward, I am certain there is someone who needs those more than me. But much appreciated.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

For NorsemanName:  Screenshot_20200205-192558_Video_Player.jpeg
Views: 558
Size:  18.5 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200205-180819_Gallery.jpeg 
Views:	109 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	314581Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200205-180545_Gallery.jpeg 
Views:	109 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	314582Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200205-180701_Gallery.jpeg 
Views:	97 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	314583

Met up with Swimmy for 3 Ridge hikes after 2 untracked Bridger runs first thing this morning...good times! 54 inches of snowfall since Sunday the 2nd and it's a whole new mountain. Slushie's opened at 1 p.m. for an hour and a half after being down Thursday and Friday; didn't make it over there today, but have the next 3 days off to clean up the leftovers and ski baby free...have fun usdatele!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Swimmy1.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	827.7 KB 
ID:	314592

Name:	Swimmy2.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	572.4 KB 
ID:	314594

Name:	Swimmy3.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	819.0 KB 
ID:	314596
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

Great stuff Lexi.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

The lift lines were horrendous and the grooming was sub par at BB today.

Way better than Thursday.

Also, I hike slow so if you're slowing down the Ridge hikers on a day it's not ass to nose gtfo of the way.
    Last edited by concretejungle; 02-08-2020 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    The lift lines were horrendous and the grooming was sub par at BB today.
    The really big had massive lift lines at the main lifts and according to a lifty I know "today is likely Big Sky's busiest day ever." To celebrate BS had no corral at T-wolf which is as close as I made it to the main base. My crowd avoidance strategy worked well. The new snow on top of fresh made for some fun lines even if some areas of the mountain were crowded.

Guess maybe it's a good thing that I have a bit more than a decade left of active skiing. Doesn't sound like more awesomeness is on the horizon - shorter winters, more extreme weather situations, and crowds where there used to be ample space. Good thing they keep building more roads and bike paths...MORE places to ride.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Heading down tomorrow to add to the problem. Going to use some crowd avoidance techniques as well.

I take it that Shedhorn/Dakota was a no go again today?

BTW I explored the glades well southeast of the top of the lift that remains nameless and the bottom of that new lift. The coverage is there but its still kind of bottomless with a lot of shit hidden. Some good turns, a lot of traversing left. if this pattern continues it will be worth further research.

What a kick ass day.

First, couldn't believe how light the pack was at 9 am. This photo is a little different than some of the others that have been making the rounds the past couple of days. I was second chair.

BobbyBill was first chair and after a little chat while waiting in line he invited me to tag along for some Ridge laps. Hell yeah, I was gonna make the video.

He ended up showing me a couple new zones, the snow was great, and just a solid guy to spend a morning with.

And as a bonus Travis Andersen joined us for a lap. He's in the orange jacket. I really dig ski photography and have his one of his pieces hangin' in my office.

Today made up for missing Wednesday. Stoke is high and I'm completely satisfied. Thanks again BobbyBill. Skiing is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post

I take it that Shedhorn/Dakota was a no go again today?
    It opened for about 2 hours in the afternoon. Skied great, but should not be considered part of a successful crowd avoidance strategy.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Erika's this afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

^^Nice

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    What a kick ass day.

First, couldn't believe how light the pack was at 9 am. This photo is a little different than some of the others that have been making the rounds the past couple of days. I was second chair.

BobbyBill was first chair and after a little chat while waiting in line he invited me to tag along for some Ridge laps. Hell yeah, I was gonna make the video.

He ended up showing me a couple new zones, the snow was great, and just a solid guy to spend a morning with.

And as a bonus Travis Andersen joined us for a lap. He's in the orange jacket. I really dig ski photography and have his one of his pieces hangin' in my office.

Today made up for missing Wednesday. Stoke is high and I'm completely satisfied. Thanks again BobbyBill. Skiing is the best.
    Rad dude! Feelin tha burrrrn!

Concretejungle aint seen you yet this year, you get a new coat or something?

Also Kitchen Dwellers two nights at the Rialto should be plush.

Nice BB action everyone! For all the old BS people, don’t your flip phones have cameras on them?

That means ya got to take them out and use them.

What do I need a picture for when I am a part off the movie?

Looks like a temporary break in the atmospheric river and maybe even a bit of vitamin D tomorrow.

Fast fun in the Headwaters from Wednesday

https://youtu.be/wt3xmOYspFo

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by usdatele View Post
    This cycle has likely brought out all the people who ski 5-10 days a year and will be gone come Sunday at BB. Hard telling about pig sty with thier all star marketing campaign bringing people out for luxury lift lines and broken lifts. Get your April passes people! It used to be the place to go on the weekends when BB was packed, not no mo.
    As far as the vibe goes- seems like most regular skiers are taking it in stride, realizing we still have it real good. BBs been a ghost town for the majority of the season, so this is just a funny anomaly of weirdos showing up to stand in line, butt sniff up the boot pack, ski a couple runs, and buy shit in the cafeteria and gift shop. Chaaaachingggg! I'm all for the flailing hordes, they're fun to watch from the lift.

In other news, the lowest hanging fruit was skiing awesome yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    My favorite line in Bozeman!

Will be making a Powder pilgrimage to Big Sky the last week of February.
    Super excited!
    First time up there, so wouldn't mind following someone around.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

PM the contingent. We don't bite.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Just lurking here but that blows me away.

I was initially kinda pissed that Big Sky did not include an Ikon base pass for gold pass holders, given the effect Ikon has had on the resort, but what they did do was create a gold pass parking lot, included in the $1349 price, that I now think is a much more valuable perk than the Ikon pass would have been. It's so nice I fear they will somehow strip it away next year..
    I think you need to check your CC slip. My Gold was $ 1467.00 with resort tax.

I do like the Gold Pass lot, but would have liked to have been offered a choice between paying the additional price or parking where I wanted and not pay the increase.

That said, I see the Gold pass lot as an experiment towards a pay parking lot in the vicinity. Probably both sides of the road from A to at least F its gotta be 350 spaces. At 10 bucks a pop that pays for some bills. $ 350 K for a season?
    Last edited by Bunion 2020; 02-09-2020 at 07:46 AM.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    For all the old BS people, don’t your flip phones have cameras on them?
    I took these photos with my Kodak Instamatic early this morning just for you & Norseman...

Name:	IMG_2483.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	314757

Name:	IMG_2485.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	314759

Name:	IMG_2487.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	314761

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I took these photos with my Kodak Instamatic early this morning just for you & Norseman

Frickin’ beautiful, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I took these photos with my Kodak Instamatic early this morning just for you & Norseman...
    How are you downloading the pictures from your instamatic to the board so quickly? Don't you have to get the film developed and then scan? Maybe you are using a Polaroid Swinger?