Page 384 of 890 FirstFirst ... 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 ... LastLast
Results 9,576 to 9,600 of 22244
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Skied some with Yeahman and my group. Rockville was sweet, tram sounds fucked. It was a good day.
    Sorry to miss Yeahman (should have tried this telephone app the techies are pushing). Very variable snow from wind slab to light spindrift depending on aspect. Never found the Smokey's shack Yeahman posted about yesterday or see any recently fired mayor's office employees, but the snow in that area was very nice.

x2 on the variable conditions. Wind effect up high for sure.

About the Tram, it was being run for patrol today and probably for troubleshooting and testing.

The story I was told was 2nd hand but from a guy on the last cabin yesterday.

At 3:00 the tram runs for scenic riders only, no skis allowed.

Yesterday after 3:00 the tram malfunctioned and there were about 30 folks on the summit sans ski equipment.

I am unsure of the malfunction but at one point the idea was to have the folks w/o ski gear hike down Liberty Bowl.

Someone made the call to run them down under some sort of a fix of the machine.

2nd cabin load the cabin began gaining speed repeatedly and was stopped repeatedly using either the service or E-brake. Near the bottom the brake system failed to hold the cabin and it came into the bottom dock a bit hot and slammed the back of the dock. No one injured seriously, AFAIK no one needed medical treatment. It sounds scary as hell.

Also, to the ground slide on Castro's today (repeater) and on the Dirtbag Wall chutes yesterday, (Queen?).
    Last edited by Bunion 2020; 01-30-2020 at 06:32 PM.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Woh, tram trouble is alarming

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Yeah, that sounds scary. Thanks for the nightmares.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I would need a voucher for some new long johns in addition to free drinks for the rest of my vacation. Yikes.

You might be able to parlay said troubles into a future crowd reducing tactic. A loud discussion of these troubles in a long line might reduce the pack by a considerable factor.

I am unsure of the malfunction but at one point the idea was to have the folks w/o ski gear hike down Liberty Bowl.
    What could possibly go wrong with 30 people romping down Liberty Bowl in ski or snowboard boots and likely no poles? I always recommend people on the scenics bring poles so they can walk and look around.

As stated this could make tram "walk on" once the slamming the tram dock story gets around.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    You might be able to parlay said troubles into a future crowd reducing tactic. A loud discussion of these troubles in a long line might reduce the pack by a considerable factor.
    That bullshit has been hoisted on skiers in the tram line for 20 years during freak week, usually hear *slide-for-life conditions* , *the whole face slid*, blah-blah-blah...

Warning: ski pic!!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200129-165539_Gallery.jpeg 
Views:	74 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	313114

Next time Talisman! Had a good morning skiing Shedhorn after I hooked up with Bunion and his crew, found some fun powder pockets. Afternoon I just lapped 17 Green and BRT south, the windbuff right under the Challenger lift was really nice. Ski patrol I rode the lift with said he heard "a few days" to get the tram fixed, we'll see. That whole incident as described by Bunion sounds horrifying. Those people are probably scarred for life!

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I just lapped 17 Green and BRT south, the windbuff right under the Challenger lift was really nice.
    I hit BRT North and 17 Green this morning along with a CC to Hwy. Based on the breeze i should have tested out Todd's Hole to see if the snow was lighter. Challenger was ski on while Powder Seeker had a healthy line this morning.

Also, to the ground slide on Castro's today (repeater) and on the Dirtbag Wall chutes yesterday, (Queen?).

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Afternoon I just lapped 17 Green and BRT south, the windbuff right under the Challenger lift was really nice.
    We skied all over. Surprised we never bumped into each other.

The windbuff on Challenger today was fantastic. Hands down my favorite turns of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    Maybe try calling?
    Ok boomer.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

No guarantees but I noticed several cars in the Gold Pass lot that were left over night today.
    Thanks. Yeah, I've seen cars left overnight in several lots up there but wondered if they were risking getting towed.

One of these days I'll try to hook up with some of you guys up there, but for now I'm totally gimpy and can only do a couple hours of groomers a day, followed by a few days to recover. I miss skiing 3D snow and adventurous terrain!

Since all my employees showed up for work today, I skied bell-to-bell with The Girl Who Lives Next Door To Yeahman’s Dad. We were all over the place, Bowl laps, Shady Chute laps, Single Jack laps. She really likes gladed tree runs.

Bonus: today I bought my very first flat brim hat. I thought I would look like a fucking tool wearing it, but she likes it, so WINNING.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2454.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	877.1 KB 
ID:	313144
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2455.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	313145

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

^^^ Pics or it didn't happen.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

If you want to witness my flat-brim steeze in person, I am meeting toast2226 at the Toast (heh) coffee shop in Town Center at 7 am.

Red puffy, black hat.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

6am driveway report: zero fresh, +17F, light breeze, clear sky

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    But what head gear were you wearing while assessing conditions of the most famous TGR driveway at Big Sky?

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    But what head gear were you wearing while assessing conditions of the most famous TGR driveway at Big Sky?
    My steezy new flat brim, of course. I slept in it last night.

Met up with toast2226 and handed off the lift tickets. He can verify that this hat is the shizz.

Can confirm that Harry's hat is steezy a.f.

Harry - many thanks for the assistance this morning. If you're ever up in the fish, I can reciprocate.

I'll be sliding around with Mrs. Toast and some out of state friends today through Sunday. I'm yellow-ish jacket, brown pants, gray helmet. Ask for change.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Can confirm that Harry's hat is steezy a.f.
    Mayor, TGR personality, master fly fisherman, supper club owner and now fashionista. Are there boundaries to Harry's skills?

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Are there boundaries to Harry's skills?
    Skiing ability ?

A true Renaissance man in most every aspect.