Page 435 of 438 FirstFirst ... 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 LastLast
Results 10,851 to 10,875 of 10928
    Quote Originally Posted by wordbird View Post
    Heated tents of some sort could be a solution for the weekends? Even wind/snow proof tents could improve the dining experience a decent amount during crowded storm days.
    I'd expect that to be part of the solution, but there's still a fair bit of effort necessary to put those commercial-sized all-weather tents up, especially if you're going to provide access to sanitation facilities. In some cases, simply finding enough level space in the vicinity of the normal base lodges could be a fair bit of challenge.

Not to mention that those all weather tents are expensive as hell and would pretty well eat up whatever margin would be found from using them in the 1st place.

I predict a limit on occupancy of existing infrastructure that will be ignored.
    Ooof!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Not to mention that those all weather tents are expensive as hell and would pretty well eat up whatever margin would be found from using them in the 1st place.

I predict a limit on occupancy of existing infrastructure that will be ignored.
    As usual, you're probably right. I'm wondering about employee locker rooms; I've never seen any that were really big enough to begin with, let alone to allow any sort of social distancing (there may be a few of the former out there, but I'd be shocked if they allowed for even three feet of separation). Given that employers (generally) have a stronger duty to make sure their employees follow safety guidelines than their customers, I'm wondering how that will shake out.

^i honestly hope these are the things we are thinking about next season

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    As usual, you're probably right. I'm wondering about employee locker rooms; I've never seen any that were really big enough to begin with, let alone to allow any sort of social distancing (there may be a few of the former out there, but I'd be shocked if they allowed for even three feet of separation). Given that employers (generally) have a stronger duty to make sure their employees follow safety guidelines than their customers, I'm wondering how that will shake out.
    That will be a difficult hurdle to overcome. I suppose you could bring employees in on staggered schedules have them gear up an gtfo. OTOH the required cleaning to disinfect a locker room? Damn near insurmountable.
    Ooof!

Don't a lot of employees live together in employee housing? Seems like that would be the bigger risk.

2 to a room in what is basically a Motel-6 type of room.
    Ooof!

Things are highly speculative at best currently as far as the logistics of this shit coming late fall.
    I think theres gonna be a strapped rocky mtn security guard checking every employee coming into work for symptoms of wuflu or regular flu, they will be shot on site, and disposal of the body isn't a part of rocky mountain securitys contract. Where will boyne put the bodies? Maybe push em up w the groomer and bring back the sick halfpipe they used to half?
    The skiing is still good, the biking is getting better everyday, and someone should go schwack around and find some morels.
    There is a trophy bass staked high up in a tree at the top of leverich, solid move, who ever mounted it!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Fall Line Will Set You Free

Filthy dog, bike, and bass stoke! This thread continues to deliver.

Is Leverich dry all around now?

Is that one of those singing bass. Love those things.
    Ooof!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Is that one of those singing bass. Love those things.
    I can't tell from the picture but if it's battery-powered, I like it even more.

Leverich is good to go, only 2 40 ft long mud spots on the way down. Get it before it gets rutted mid summer! Corbly and felix r good, seems like Truman is still kinda muddy.
    Not the singing bass, alas.

Anyone see that slide from the club?

Dont worry, let's go heli skiing in the crazies!

Who all saw the skier drop into BRT last night by headlamp ?

Word started spreading in the late afternoon that (name redacted, Bunion knows him) was going to do something rad at 9:30 pm somewhere on the mountain. Box office seats on my deck, but the parking lot at MiColís condo was prime viewing too.

Sure enough at exactly 9:30 pm a small light appeared at the top of BRT. A couple of small check turns, and then he opened it up with huge GS turns the rest of the way. I could hear clapping and cheering all throughout the Mountain Village.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Good skiing on blackmore today. 8-10" up high, decently bonded to to crust underneath

BRT?

What a piker. Should have sent the Shutz/Cornfed line under the tram.
    Ooof!

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    If Big Sky Resort uses the "social distancing" system in use by every hip bozeman brewery and restaurant right now that means 110% capacity at every restaurant next season.

Is there anywhere in the area to get a legit antibody test yet? Quest supposedly has the best one, but would have to drive over to Billings I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted26 View Post
    Good skiing on blackmore today. 8-10" up high, decently bonded to to crust underneath
    Maybe 12” (or more) up high there this morning. Was still snow hard up high around 10am

Blackmore skiing was phenomenal today, I was measuring 40-50 cm of soft stuff near the ridge line. Stability seemed pretty good until a couple dudes going for the summit triggered a pretty big slab right down the center of the SE face. Thankfully no one was caught.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2342.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	329548

Name:	IMG_2341.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	329549

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Hey, it seems like a bunch of Interwebz ski maggots were on Blackmore today! My first time, thanks to the Nests.

Name:	IMG_4538.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	768.5 KB 
ID:	329561

Name:	IMG_4544.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	883.2 KB 
ID:	329562

Name:	IMG_4545.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	329566

Rumor (unconfirmed) that a bicyclist was mauled by a grizzly here in Big Sky today. I donít have any details.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Heard from a 2nd person that it happened on the Fish Camp MTB Trail in Spanish Peaks.
    Last edited by Harry; 05-25-2020 at 08:46 PM.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    If you choose to bike in griz country, you accept what comes with that. Don’t be an asshole with a handgun. Stay home if you can’t handle it.