Page 427 of 884 FirstFirst ... 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 ... LastLast
Results 10,651 to 10,675 of 22100
    Thanks! It was a bit under 7k vert. Hardest climb was going from the base of the Y up to the Elephant summit. That’s not normally a tough one, but I was pretty fried by then

Its hilarious that the airport is still open but plz dont shut down my interstate. I might want to escape eventually.

KTO! Nice tour! Saw yer guys' tracks on alex Lowe fron the top of blackmore today.
    Hells yea!

How bout some fuckery? Skied at ole bb the other day and this dog showed up mid run without ANNNYYONNEEE around.... called one of 4 numbers on the collar and dude picked up. His roomie took huskie out and lil dog bolted... where I found him was far af away from there. Got to take this doggy for a sick d route lap while waiting for owner bro to pick him up from the top of PK. Good dog!

And yes, the only way to ski out the 8% rd any time of the year is to have a stolen girlfriend beverage.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Fall Line Will Set You Free

That brief break in the cloud cover this morning sure did a number on the snow. Went from powder to mashed potatoes up in Hyalite real quick. I was about 20 minutes too late.

Chasing the prior days ridgeline corn tracks. It's looking like powder for the coming weekend.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ridge corn.png 
Views:	132 
Size:	972.7 KB 
ID:	323094

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    Let's get this thread back on track.

Did a long (for me) 13-mile/7k vert loop in Hyalite yesterday. Was a nice reminder of how good we have it with that terrain in our backyard. For anyone that can still get up there before they close the road - N faces are perfect. E is hit or miss. S is best avoided as a downhill. Not sure on W faces.

Sunrise (that old crown is quite large):
    Attachment 322956

Sketchy climbing conditions on S faces forced an adjustment to ski this headwall:
    Attachment 322957

Next downhill on Alex Lowe. We were lucky to get first tracks:
    Attachment 322958
    Nice! You all take a peek down hellmouth?(not that its smart right now) I've gotten turned back on that sumbitch twice due to shit snow before 1st rap and unfortunately prob not gonna get a 3rd chance.

Oh man 2x you went out there and didn't get it? Hopefully you got the Y or something else in as a consolation?

Another crew actually skied it while we did the Y. I couldn’t see much evidence of a lot of sluff, but they were in the middle of it while we were headed up to the Blackmore pass so my vantage point wasn’t great.

Quote Originally Posted by greasyslope View Post
    Attachment 322848

I did a super mellow little tour up at BB this morning. Definitely far fewer folks relative to the last few times I have made it up. Overwhelmingly, people were doing a good job of staying a safe distance apart.

^^ While I must say, this mystery skier appears to have skied this perfectly, it seems a little aggro for my taste given all the circumstances right now. Maybe this is their equivalent of a blue square? Have fun and be safe everybody!
    I'd say it was a solid double blue square.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Skinned up to the ramp today and popped into Wolverine bowl. I found stability on north facing aspects and excellent creamy snow up high.

East faces were already sun affected by noon.

Several folks were setting steep skin tracks underneath Hidden and NW passage. Made me sweat profusely just looking at those sharp angles. Lots of uncontrolled shit overhead too.

Name:	IMG_3911.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	236.0 KB 
ID:	323145

Name:	IMG_3908.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	256.4 KB 
ID:	323146

Name:	IMG_3921.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	740.5 KB 
ID:	323148

Name:	0338DA1B-2D2E-484A-A57A-F73F16115BA6.jpeg 
Views:	92 
Size:	217.7 KB 
ID:	323163

Name:	E1D7AD3B-3D63-478D-B61A-48B818656DCD.jpeg 
Views:	96 
Size:	317.6 KB 
ID:	323164

People have such short memories. < 75 days ago we had what was called a historically poor snow pack structure and were in a major avalanche cycle.

Granted the snow has had a lot of time to adjust and strengthen but those base layers of shit are still there, just very difficult to access.

I really hope people play it smart and that the sun does not come out.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Most anything steep I skied (E facing) this morning at Bridger would sluff on the recent crust layer. There's lots of evidence of the new snow sliding/sluffing naturally too.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Great times skiing pow on the un-groomers today at Bridger. Densest snow I’ve skied in a while. Tip dive was happening on my 118mm underfoot pow skis!

Not to bitch, but lots of folks aren’t picking up their dog’s shit out there. Come on! I saw a big pile smeared all over the skin track.

The place was packed, but most folks I saw were keeping a decent distance. Let’s hope for community peace and sanity through skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    Not to bitch, but lots of folks aren’t picking up their dog’s shit out there. Come on! I saw a big pile smeared all over the skin track.
    This ^^^^^

They even put a sign and bags in the lot so there’s no excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    Great times skiing pow on the un-groomers today at Bridger. Densest snow I’ve skied in a while. Tip dive was happening on my 118mm underfoot pow skis!
    Damn, where have you been skiing that today was dense? I was up there around 8am and it was the lightest snow I've skied in a while. Admittedly, I've been out less than a lot of guys here lately.

Can confirm that great times were had up there, though. The mountain's in terrific shape right now.

My wife hit a load of dog shit a few years ago when we were skin-skiing a short downhill. That was pretty much the end for those skins.

Did a quick Schlasmans lap this am. The snow was excellent. Go get it before the sun comes out. Bridger ran a groomer all the way out to Schlasmans base too. Made for a nice and easy to skin in and ski-out.
    Last edited by kathleenturneroverdrive; 04-02-2020 at 10:38 AM.

All the dog shit I've seen at ole bb has been easily avoidable. If yer dog shits or peed on the track, make an effort to move it outta the way. I dont think poopoo should ruin a pair of skins though....

Ya, yesterday was reactive until a point seemed like. I got some good settlements on n faces and saw one soft slab- 15" x 30 ft crown. Hope its settled out meow.

Definitely not dense unless u were skiing a sluff pile. I'd say perfectly right side up w 5" of 6% on the top.

KTO! Think you guys were just behind us on the slushies up this morning. Easy to hear people in the milk jug. Been good skiing out there.
    Here's a pic of bobbybilly from a couple days ago...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Fall Line Will Set You Free

That’s awesome! I think we started skinning a little before 6. It looked like there were fresh skin tracks of a few skiers ahead of us, but never actually spotted anyone. We skied the lift line for a quick/low risk lap - was so good though.

And nice shot! I bet that zone was good this morning too.
    Last edited by kathleenturneroverdrive; 04-02-2020 at 06:00 PM.

Pnut (aka Mike D) with your bad self runnin things
    What's up with your bad breath onion rings

Some poster worthy pow turns and a buttcrack.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    WTB/ISO: hard sided RV trailer in the 16-24' range (no pop ups). Have a line on one in Livingston that might get snatched tomorrow though. Looking to spend no more than $2500 and stay dry/not get eaten by mice. Tall order, I know. Thanks maggots.

Sorry to have to bring this up, but can Bozeman folks please adhere to the stay at home order? I don't care if you ski or mtn bike or float, but please stick to Gallatin county. I live on the fairer side of Bozeman Pass and went to a trailhead 15 minutes from my house for dawn patrol on Saturday, when I got back to my truck the trailhead was busier than I've ever seen it, even in summer, and it was almost all 6 plates. Normally this wouldn't bother me because I understand the attraction to Park County. But with Gallatin County being the state's coronavirus hotspot I don't want it spread in this community any further.