Page 369 of 891 FirstFirst ... 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 ... LastLast
Results 9,201 to 9,225 of 22261
    What with the forecasted winds and warmer temps you could do worse. Depending on the venue you are liable to see some interesting shit.

You doing a GNFAC class?

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Sounds good if you are not talking about the scary cliffy part of Mr K above the Explorer lift.
    The K Chute? No von Skis da K Chute.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    The K Chute? No von Skis da K Chute.
    I will be out today practicing for the K chute. Need to remember a marker for Harry's signature on my helmet and get him to sign a bandana for swimmy.

I think you have my #.

Leaving here in about an hour. Txt me and we can do some figure 8s.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I think you have my #.
    Text sent.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

All this talk about skiing the gnar on K Chute has piqued the interest of Djongo. He will be joining us on Sunday.

Remember last year when that speed cop caught Djongo hotboxing that shack and confiscated all his weed ? Surprised Djongo did not beat his ass on the spot. I heard that same guy was going to be on duty this weekend, so watch out. Pretty sure that guy will remember what Djongo looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

This speed cop? Watch out for him.

Headed up to BB today, red jacket, blue pants, white helmet, Black Diamond skis. Anybody else up there or is it a BS party today?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    This speed cop? Watch out for him.

Great exhibit, I enjoyed it very much.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Great exhibit, I enjoyed it very much.
    Yeah it's really cool. In Chicago for my nephew's wedding. Must be why it's dumping so much back home. My Big Sky season re-starts next week, thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    All this talk about skiing the gnar on K Chute has piqued the interest of Djongo. He will be joining us on Sunday.
    I practiced with Bunion 2020 all morning and will be ready for Mr K tomorrow. It is snowing at 6800 feet now to freshen conditions for Djongo to hit the pillows in the chute.

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    Headed up to BB today, red jacket, blue pants, white helmet, Black Diamond skis. Anybody else up there or is it a BS party today?
    If I had seen this earlier I would have messaged you. Pleasant surprise for the wind to lay down and it start pooping.

Quote Originally Posted by East2West View Post
    If I had seen this earlier I would have messaged you. Pleasant surprise for the wind to lay down and it start pooping.
    Next time! That squall was pretty wild.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4393.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	309140
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Great first day on the hill. It's the first real day of skiing that it all comes back to me and I remember why I live here. Skiing is the best thing ever.

Found a couple left over soft spots. That late afternoon squall was fun.

You doing a GNFAC class?
    Avy class through MAG. I ski a fair bit in the backcountry and try to take some kind of refresher once a year.

Today we practiced companion rescue,

Beacon, probe, shovel practice

And snowpack evaluation.

Total whiteout on the hike back to the car.

Tomorrow is terrain management and a little bit of meadow skippin'.

Some real good buff lovin to be had on the ML side today.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    Avy class through MAG. I ski a fair bit in the backcountry and try to take some kind of refresher once a year.
    That's one mighty thin snowpack, where were you guys at?

Partying with Djongo

Name:	IMG_0987.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	474.3 KB 
ID:	309211

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    That's one mighty thin snowpack, where were you guys at?
    South of Big Sky in the Park. Bacon Rind to be more specific if you are familiar with the area.

The snowpack is junk.

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    South of Big Sky in the Park. Bacon Rind to be more specific if you are familiar with the area.

The snowpack is junk.
    Actually thought of heading down there yesterday, glad to see I didn’t miss anything.

Name:	IMG_4402.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	309236
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

No Harry, no Djongo and no Bunion 2020 sightings today, but the fresh snow in the morning was welcome. The BS visitors must be gone or heading out as lift lines were short for a change.

Djongo is supposed to be meeting me to drop into the Mr K chute tomorrow morning. Anyone else want "in" or to record let me know. Off to wax my red skis.

meanwhile in Missoula
    https://www.firsttracksonline.com/20...n-this-winter/

OCTOBER 16, 2016 8:00 AM FIRST TRACKS!! ONLINE MEDIA LEAVE A COMMENT
    Missoula, MT – Weather delays have forced the operators of Montana Snowbowl to push the opening of the ski area’s new chairlift to the top of TV Mountain back by a year.

The new lift was originally scheduled to debut this winter along with several new ski runs, opening up a new summit and 1,100 new acres to skiers and riders at the resort near Missoula. But wet and muddy conditions have slowed construction activity to a halt, says ski area manager Pat McKay, who assured that the new lift would indeed open next winter..."

Based on this dateline, Pat's assurance that the Lavelle chair would be fixed in two weeks means opening January 17, 2022.
    Ullr is pissed

We shipped our boy out this afternoon and can confirm a heavy skier exodus out of BZN.

I did a pre- meetup reconn of the K chute and was utterly blown away. That thang is gnarly. It actually scared me for a second. I backed away. I have a whole new appreciation for the genuine sick lines that the Big offers.
    I am not sure my new configuration is strong enough for the jump-heli turns that pitch is gonna require. I am seriously considering some shorter sticks.

Back home now, gotta tend to life and shize. Ski you mags next lap.

Sorry all, the 2020 business season begins for me tomorrow, spent a lot of time today chained to my PC finishing maps and updates.

Good to ski with ya yesterday Tall. Lets do it again when it snows. Forecast looks classic dirty ridge Big Sky, 2-6" every day for the next week.

Always a good time when Djongo comes to town. Dude is what TGR is all about. Good friends.