Page 418 of 891 FirstFirst ... 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 ... LastLast
Results 10,426 to 10,450 of 22265
    In the coming weeks Beehive is going to end up looking like 19th @ 5pm

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Will any concessions be made to passholders now that we have lost more than a month of skiing? Or will they just continue to screw us with less options like they have for next season.....

Hopefully the local hills stay open

Feel bad for the workers. I know Boyne won’t do shit for them or passholders
    Last edited by Gaffney10; 03-14-2020 at 09:30 PM.

one bright spot if the hills close, all the landscapers will be crewed up early.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    I had no idea stockpiling had hit this area and toilet paper should be hoarded.
    My wife went to Costco today for the routine grocery run. Shelves were empty all over the place. A woman working there said the store did more than a million in sales yesterday alone. Absolutely bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    And the employees? They should just suck it up and report to locker rooms that I can guarantee you do not offer much in the way of separation.
    I think it’s fairly ridiculous to close ski resorts. We’re outside skiing underneath layers of clothing.

You’re literally sitting on a chairlift seat, covered in vinyl and snow, that perhaps another infected person may have sat on before.

There’s more than one way to skin a cat. You close the cafeterias, have employees gear up at home, and follow sanitation protocols.

This isn’t Ebola. All my buddies in Japan been skiing amazing snow with zero crowds for the last month. They’re not bitching.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    If BS and Bridger close, I will form a rogue coalition of antivirus ski touring avengers. Who will join me!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I’ve got toilet paper!

6am driveway report: 4 inches and still lightly snowing, temp +10F

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    I think it’s fairly ridiculous to close ski resorts. We’re outside skiing underneath layers of clothing.

You’re literally sitting on a chairlift seat, covered in vinyl and snow, that perhaps another infected person may have sat on before.

There’s more than one way to skin a cat. You close the cafeterias, have employees gear up at home, and follow sanitation protocols.

This isn’t Ebola. All my buddies in Japan been skiing amazing snow with zero crowds for the last month. They’re not bitching.
    Unfortunately without selling food, etc the mountain basically makes no money. If they just have the lifts spinning for pass holders they are losing money.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    One of my jobs literally involves emptying peoples trash cans in their bathrooms. If I didn't already have it I am getting it and there is not much I can do about it.
    as long as you didn't overpay for a collage degree to empty garbage cans youll be fine
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

You do realize that most Big Sky employees live in Bozeman and need to commute? Many by bus?

I agree that for you or me the act of going skiing is fairly low risk. Its not just about you or me.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Confirmed, Resort closes tomorrow

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Link? or word by the mouth?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Just posted to the masses

After careful consideration of the quickly changing circumstances around COVID-19, Big Sky Resort will suspend operations after skiing on Sunday, March 15, 2020. As always, our top priority has been the health and wellbeing of our guests, team members, and community, and this is undoubtedly the right decision given the current situation.

In addition to ski operations, all retail and rental shops and Solace Spa will cease operations as well. Food outlets will remain open based on situational needs and a commitment to social distancing. Lodging properties will remain open while guests in house make alternate travel arrangements. All lodging properties will close by Sunday, March 22.

Seasonal team members will be paid through Sunday, March 22.

We sincerely apologize to all guests currently at Big Sky, or planning to come for a ski trip. Given the short notice, we have relaxed our cancellation and refund policy, and guests are encouraged to visit our website for more information. We will automatically process refunds for future arrivals. We expect our teams will be overwhelmed with calls – but rest assured – there is no urgency to call to discuss cancellations. We will continue to honor this relaxed policy throughout the coming months.

We will evaluate reopening at a later date, and look forward to welcoming guests back to Big Sky as soon as conditions permit.

Please see bigskyresort.com/covid-19 for additional information.

Hope you guys have a great "last day" at the Really Big. Weird season from start to finish if you ask me.

I wonder how the season pass sale is going?

I guess it's time to use my Montana Pass bonus day today...

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Hope you guys have a great "last day" at the Really Big. Weird season from start to finish if you ask me.

I wonder how the season pass sale is going?
    No shit. They better do something for folks. Less damn options than last year. Ikont believe it

Well fuck.

At least I made it up today. I’ll be here as long as my foot cooperates. Red coat, black pack, big camera.

Restaurants and bars stay open. Brilliant.

^^^^ My take is only until the guests leave.

The F&B folks that are non-corp are going to get hit hard.

No doubt.

www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Hey Micol and Harry, Thank You to both of you for the sweet new gift. It's awesome and will be used for sure.

BB shutting down @ noon today