Page 372 of 890 FirstFirst ... 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 ... LastLast
Results 9,276 to 9,300 of 22245
    Pretty weird to wake up to a dusting of what I think is snow with more coming down.

Envious of anybody who can get out today, I'm cooped up in my office living the dream.

Alms offered to Ullr
    In bound in <48 hrs
    🤞

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    Finally a decent pow day at Bridger and wouldn't you know it I have a dentist appt at 9.
    You skied with 4 dentists yesterday. Your teeth looked fine to me. Just floss more and send me a check for one-fiddy.

Enjoy first chair.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Chally skiing fat this morning, seemed closer to 8 inches of really nice pow.

Madison side morning was nice and fluffy.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Chally skiing fat this morning, seemed closer to 8 inches of really nice pow.
    Actually saw Yeahman at a distance couple of times while lapping Challenger this morning. Lots of surprisingly deep stashes around despite Challenger getting loaded up as the Dakota and Sheddy took awhile to open. It is snowing now, perhaps the tide is finally coming in.

Got to share a run and a couple lifts with Bunion this afternoon, that was cool.

Zack at Big Sky Sports in the MM punched my shells yesterday after skiing. Wow, what a huge difference, wish I'd done it last year. Stupid! Anyway, he's done bootfitting for me before, and also for my wife, and always with good results. Two thumbs up for Zack, he's a nice guy and knows what he's doing.

Bridger today was sawheet.

The stoke is high.

5 headed that way 1st week of Feb. Does the Big (or Bridger) sell advance tickets at the local Costco? I surprisingly saw Whitefish tickets in the Missoula Costco today.

Guessing the answer is no.

The stoke is high.
    !!!

Good strafing Horseshoe with ya Yeahman.

Iowagriz, I am unaware of any deals like Costco these days.

???
    https://www.liftopia.com/big-sky?gcl...BoCbN0QAvD_BwE

Wow, day rate is insane.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Thanks Bunion - didn't think so.

Two day advance purchase for $250 - then we will likely head to Bridger for a day. Can't believe I'll say it, but 2 for $250 doesn't seem as bad as expected.

The stoke is high.
    True dat. Tomorrow will likely be busy. Hope we are out of the drought and back into the swing of things.

The stoke is high.
    Nice! You getting out this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by East2West View Post
    Tomorrow will likely be busy.
    No doubt. I was surprised at how mellow it was yesterday. We didn't get over to Slushmans until around 11:30 or so but never waited more than 5 minutes.

I got what I needed so gonna rest today and keep hitting repeat on the video. Man that was perfect snow.

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    Nice! You getting out this weekend?
    Absolutely. Gonna make a game time decision but right now looking like Big Sky Saturday and Bridger Sunday.

Want to meet up for a few laps?

Want to meet up for a few laps?
    Absolutely. Unlike most here, I'm wanking exclusively at Bridger this season so let's see how your plans evolve and take it from there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	309994
    Fat
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200109b.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	773.2 KB 
ID:	309995
    Some empty chairs
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

From today's Bozone fishwrapper.
    bozemandailychronicle.com
    Bridger Bowl experience must be preserved

The board of directors that oversees Bridger Bowl Ski Area has an important mission in front of it: accommodating the growing crowds that threaten to overrun the growingly popular mountain.

To southwest Montana’s recent, non-skiing arrivals, grousing about long lift lines and crowded slopes and food services may seem like much ado about nothing. But Bridger Bowl has a long and storied history of making skiing accessible and affordable to locals. And it’s one of just a handful of community-owned nonprofit ski hills left in the nation. Shares in the organization can be bought for a nominal amount and entitle the holders to help set policy by voting in board elections.

All that history makes Bridger more than just an artifact. It is a critical component of the outdoor lifestyle of this mountain community. And it is vital its place in the local recreation scene be preserved.
    Thank you for reading!

Started by ski enthusiasts in the 1950s with a simple rope tow to get skiers up the mountain and a primitive hut in which to warm up and eat lunch, Bridger to this day bucks the national trend toward corporation-owned ski hills that have pushed lift ticket prices into the stratosphere and turned the sports of skiing and snowboarding into activities exclusively for the wealthy. A recent Montana State University study found some 73% of Bridger skiers are Montanans compared to just 17% at the for-profit Big Sky Resort.

Bridger has enjoyed steady growth over the years. But the recent surge in local population is pushing the hill beyond its limits. Skier visits in 1918 were up 20% over the previous year to nearly 300,000 and the previous year saw 25,000 more skier days than the year before that. That puts unprecedented strain on the hill’s infrastructure and frustration on the faces of visitors.

Board members share that frustration and admit they are running out of ideas. But they must put preserving the Bridger experience at the top of their list of priorities. To do that they will have to make some tough and sometimes unpopular decisions. And they will need the cooperation of the Forest Service — which controls much of the ski slopes — and the support of the community.

The alternative is to hand it over to a corporation driven by the profit motive. And nobody but the corporations should want that.
    How in the holy name of hell did these fucking wanking morons reach that conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    Absolutely. Unlike most here, I'm wanking exclusively at Bridger this season so let's see how your plans evolve and take it from there.
    In response to your PM, patience grasshopper.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I'll be at BS today. Hopefully can out ski this TB/14 day death cold that's been going around. On day 13 now of the crud. See someone in camo patagonia pants and floral print Volkl Bash skis ask for change.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    From today's Bozone fishwrapper.

How in the holy name of hell did these fucking wanking morons reach that conclusion?
    That conclusion would be hilarious if it weren't so ridiculous.

Yes, crowding at Bridger is a problem and the local population keeps growing, making this worse. The experience is changing. But BB is financially sound and is nowhere near selling out to a for profit corporation. That is crazy talk.

Unless there's something I/we don't know?

Guys are booking a condo on the Moonlight Basin side - I think on Saddle Ridge. Obviously will have to drive to any nightlife, but what do we need to know about apres beers that usually last longer than you think they will. Shuttles back to the moonlight side exist, right? A lift that runs a little later to get over the ridge? We've been (self) punked before by staying out too long and then scrambling to find a ride back to the bed.

Also a few will need demos. Any Mag run places on the way up the mountain (or on the mountain)?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I'll be at BS today.
    I will also be out and will look around for you. Blue parka and carhartt brown bibs.

It is a nostril tingling -5*F at 6800 feet this morning under blue skies, no wind and an 1+inches of new snow. An avalanche control blast just echoed the peaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    In response to your PM, patience grasshopper.
    Duly noted!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I'll be at BS today. Hopefully can out ski this TB/14 day death cold that's been going around. On day 13 now of the crud. See someone in camo patagonia pants and floral print Volkl Bash skis ask for change.
    I keep telling myself that having had that cold for 2 weeks, I'm set for the season now. Really hope that's true.

Re: Bridger Bowl crowding: Parking there can be a mess, driving up the canyon can be downright painful, but in comparison to truly crowded ski hills (looking at you, Vermont), Bridger ain't bad. Throwing up their hands and saying "well, maybe we just need to sell the mountain" is insane and makes these people sound like Chicken Little.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I'll be on the lookout Talisman.

RE Bridger: I don't think many of those people have ever been to Vail. How about Vail during the holidays......10 years ago. Can't even imagine the clown car that's going on there now.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Guys are booking a condo on the Moonlight Basin side - I think on Saddle Ridge. Obviously will have to drive to any nightlife, but what do we need to know about apres beers that usually last longer than you think they will. Shuttles back to the moonlight side exist, right? A lift that runs a little later to get over the ridge? We've been (self) punked before by staying out too long and then scrambling to find a ride back to the bed.

Also a few will need demos. Any Mag run places on the way up the mountain (or on the mountain)?
    Saddle Ridge isn't a bad location if you are here to ski. Big Sky has grown but real ski town night life? Not so much. Usually it means beers and bed. Scissorbills next to Lone Mountain Sports is the only non-corp. watering hole on the hill. Quasi-locals hangout, occasionally some live music. The real "action" is down in the meadow.

https://www.visitbigsky.com/plan-you...etting-around/ Doesn't look like Moonlight has much to offer. If you are booking through one of the lodging companies rather than AirBnB, they do offer some bellman type transportation from the Big Sky base area to the Moonlight Lodge area, tip the driver.

Lone Mountain Sports has good gear and a great staff.

Black Tie will deliver and set you up in the comfort of your living room.

East Slope Anglers is down near the entrance. No a Mag but Super Dave is good folks.