Page 157 of 890 FirstFirst ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 22245
    Just being a flippant asshole.....

I think that the number of options is impressive. Any idea if they have a deal where if you buy this year you can ski the rest of the season this year as well as next?

Quote Originally Posted by bunion View Post
    I think that the number of options is impressive. Any idea if they have a deal where if you buy this year you can ski the rest of the season this year as well as next?
    I know they did that in past years, BUT you had to pay up front. If you did the payment plan over the summer (like I do) that did not count. Same deal with summer mountain biking, payment plan does not count.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I think you are right about that. Memory is a fleeting thing.

[QUOTE=yeahman;4973953]I think there are just certain people who never ride the tram. Probably the people who spend the most money on hotels and restaurants. Frankly I've hardly waited in any tram lines this year, seems like lots of walk-on days or wait one or two cars. Occasionally it builds up to 45 minutes but that's been rare.

Wonder if they've done away with the Sky Card. Doesn't usually go on sale until later. There is that Montana pass but that's kind of lame, no daily discount, just the two crappiest weeks of the season (usually).

Edit: I was wrong, the Montana Pass gives a $10 a day discount (down from $30/day on the old Sky Card) and also includes one free day any time during the season, except holidays, in addition to the first and last week free. So it's still an okay deal.]

Interesting observation regarding the Tram line...there were a lot of dooms dayers saying that the new Powder Seeker lift would increase the tram line waits...I never thought that would happen. You either ski the peak or you don't, the new Powder Seeker would have no affect.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSkyfan View Post
    Interesting observation regarding the Tram line...there were a lot of dooms dayers saying that the new Powder Seeker lift would increase the tram line waits...I never thought that would happen. You either ski the peak or you don't, the new Powder Seeker would have no affect.
    Doesn't seem to. It does create more traffic in the Bowl at certain times, makes it look almost comical like an ant farm. But where better than the Bowl for that kind of thing, it's open and fun. And it's is always empty by 3:15 anyway for those who want solitude. You get to lap a heated six-seat high-speed bubble chair practically by yourself. I give Powder Seeker two thumbs up for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by bunion View Post
    Just being a flippant asshole.....

Yes, but only with the Gold Tram pass. You have to pay in full, then April this year is included.

That Bronze Pass for $399 is an awesome deal if your schedule allows you to ski Monday through Thursday. A person could get in a ton of skiing for four hundred bucks, tram included, and avoid the weekend crowds. That's quite different from this season's Bronze which only allowed for certain weeks, not Monday-Thursday all season long.

Winner of the Point and Chute comp. 2017. Very worthy.

I am currently at ghosthop's place of business. This place is awesome !

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

The real ski season has begun!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3760.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	203131

Name:	IMG_3764.jpg 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	203132

Name:	IMG_3780.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	203133

^^Nice! And the resort season isn't quite over--a fun powderlike substance was discovered on the Snowfield yesterday when they pulled a surprise opening. See the A-Z chutes in the background? Haven't been open a single day this season. As patroller Yunce was overheard in the tram: "Been a tough year." But still, I'll take it, had many great days despite low snowfall.

Name:	snowfield4.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	203138

Yunce is the real deal, truly a legend.

Today is one of those rarities in which the stars align and both the BS Dirtbag and the BB Dirtbag happen on the same date.

Celebrate!

Chamonix couloir still goes to almost the trail, but won't for much longer

Paraglider launched off Lone Peak summit today and crashed into the rocks somewhere down on the Snowfield, breaking a leg, needed a helicopter rescue. Closed the run for a couple hours which sucked for me and my kid who were signed up but I hope the guy is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Aenigma View Post
    The real ski season has begun!

Name:	IMG_3760.jpg 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	203131

Name:	IMG_3764.jpg 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	203132

Name:	IMG_3780.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	203133
    How long of a corn season do you guys get?

I might make a trip out east if it's decently long and coincides with easy(warm) valley camping season.

That is a sweet score aenigma, I think I know where it is though not positive. Spring "corn" season sure can be fickle around here.

I haven't been touring much this year, motivation has been on the low side. Finally got out in the wild again today. It was encouraging. Lucked out with snow and weather conditions, and although I was pathetically slow going up (got second tracks haha) the skiing part still worked out well enough to elevate the mood. It was nice that it was actually smooth! I was eternally grateful to have a decent day line up despite being a little out of the loop this year.

The dude that beat me to my lines shredding! A little late with the camera. Word dude that was sick!

"The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Dumping at the Really Big Resort right now. About 5 inches so far and coming down hard.

Soaked and stoked! That was a heck of a morning at Bridger while it lasted.

Big Sky was fun too, heavy pow and lots of fresh turns till about noon when things started getting pretty manky. Had fresh snow 3 out of the 4 days we were there for spring break, sure coulda been a lot worse all things considered. Plus I finally did get to ski the Snowfield with my thirteen year old. She REALLY wanted to do that so it was a nice way to cap off her season.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Plus I finally did get to ski the Snowfield with my thirteen year old. She REALLY wanted to do that so it was a nice way to cap off her season.
    Imagine Thumbs Up emoticon here....

Hey Red Lodge folks how's this storm playing out over there? Thinking of heading back to east rosebud tomorrow...

Does anyone in Big Sky know if there is still snow at the North Fork TH?

Early-bird discount on Big Sky season passes ends April 4.

http://bigskyresort.com/the-mountain...106w2pegjiz5fm

Had a couple nice days out recently. Nothing too rad just out for a rip in some hero pow of the fourth boot buckle variety with the homies.

Ski free or die, bitches!

Lets call it...God's Pool Table.

Back to another familiar haunt. We found the wind, but some hero pow too, approximately 4th boot buckle variety.

It's out there.

"The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Tried to ski Chamonix Couloir last weekend, but found some weird wind slabby snow about 2/3 of the way up and skied down. Tried again yesterday, opting to skin up and around to the top via the Snow Lake drainage. Got to the top of Cham this time and the east winds had done a number on the upper part of the line. Entrance was super wind loaded, did a couple ski cuts and was getting lots of stuff to fracture. At that point hiked back out of the line and skied down the drainage we came up. Still skied great snow from the top of the plateau all the way back to the hiking trail, making for a neat 5k descent.

Definitely looking forward to skiing in the Beartooths a lot this spring, things are fat in there!

Name:	IMG_6147-Edit.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	2.44 MB 
ID:	203698

Name:	IMG_6152.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	203699

Name:	IMG_6155.jpg