Page 501 of 534 FirstFirst ... 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ... LastLast
Results 12,501 to 12,525 of 13342
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    rad, copy that. i assume there's enough of a base for areas like mavericks, 25 short, etc to ski okay?
    I think youíre in for heavy bushwhacking in the park. I skied Coal Creek and Edelweiss last week, and it was thin in spots, great in others.

Check in with the Jhole thread and see what folks have to say. Otherwise... Mt Baker is the resort I would honestly be heading for if I was chasing the best quality in the lower 48.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    I think youíre in for heavy bushwhacking in the park. I skied Coal Creek and Edelweiss last week, and it was thin in spots, great in others.

Check in with the Jhole thread and see what folks have to say. Otherwise... Mt Baker is the resort I would honestly be heading for if I was chasing the best quality in the lower 48.
    Ps... nice work USDAtele

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    He has lived in Helena for decades, not behind a desk in the NYT, and the article is accurate.

Although taking a pic of the M parking lot crowded is lazy-ass reporting by the photographer. Of course it's packed, covid or not.
    The photographer has lived in Bozeman for many decades. She's old school Bozeman and a great person. She lives in NE Bozeman and loves to hike the M and Drinking Horse, and I'm sure she's been appalled at the crowds there, even pre-pandemic, for years.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    The photographer has lived in Bozeman for many decades. She's old school Bozeman and a great person. She lives in NE Bozeman and loves to hike the M and Drinking Horse, and I'm sure she's been appalled at the crowds there, even pre-pandemic, for years.
    You didn't disprove my point at all though. Honestly I don't really give a shit though, carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    You didn't disprove my point at all though. Honestly I don't really give a shit though, carry on.
    Not trying to disprove (or prove) anything. Just commenting about the photographer as she is a friend. But yeah, a photo of the crowded parking lot at the M says nothing about how COVID has affected Bozeman.

Ah, got it. My mistake. And I shoulda said instead, 'I don't want to start an argument though, carry on'.

Arguments aside, let's carry on. Bake those bitch mitts boys

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Fall Line Will Set You Free

Mmmm kincos and nikwax for Thanksgiving

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Iím going wells lamont hydrahyde suede gloves so people think Iím fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by East2West View Post
    Iím going wells lamont hydrahyde suede gloves so people think Iím fancy.
    You must usually ski at the Yellowstone Club if you are sporting Wells Lamont gloves! Are the Sugar Shacks really just hype?

Fuck that, I was on a job site where they were tarring a roof so I dipped my hands in the warm, black goo. Now I don't need gloves.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    You must usually ski at the Yellowstone Club if you are sporting Wells Lamont gloves! Are the Sugar Shacks really just hype?
    Never actually made it on a chair because everyone keeps stopping to ask me where I got my gloves. Now theyíre all looking for the Murdochís in Beverly Hills.

"Early Morning Uphill Access, also on Andesite Mountain. Skiers can skin uphill on Hangman’s starting at 6 a.m., turn around at the patrol outpost at the top of Andesite, and ski back down Hangman’s." This is pretty cool + a boot pack on lone peak. Glad they are getting creative. https://bigskyresort.com/were-ready-to-open-letter

^^That's cool with me because when I stay down there I'm usually ready to start skiing long before they open the lifts. Fingers crossed this all works out.

So... anybody with a pass can skin at 6 am and take a lap? Thatís cool.

Big sky= so progressive.
    Got some gravy and cranberry sauce and brought my gloves to down to cookie for the long weekend. Had mad fomo from last weekend....
    Rasta chutes this afternoon did not disappoint w 4 er so of floof on apparently a solid base. Was so hard to let go after the combat skiing around bozo.

Fall Line Will Set You Free

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

To clarify: Uphill traffic on Hangmanís from 6am to 8am. At 8am skiers have to turn around due to first tracks groups skiing downhill. Liberty Bowl uphill traffic access from Dakota lift only.

OH and HAPPY THANKSGIVING and OPENING DAY!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^^^ But but but? Freedom?

Happy opening day. May it go smoothly.

Game on

And the other shoe drops:

We’re Ready to Open

Big Sky Skiers and Riders,

After several months of careful preparations, we are ready to embark on what will certainly be a different ski season. We are so encouraged to see our community and guests excited to get back on the mountain, and we share that same excitement. However, top of mind for us is the seriousness of the pandemic–we must continue to take precautions, with each of us owning our behavior and making smart choices to keep our season alive through April.

Each of our teams have worked tirelessly to develop new operational practices with the goal of providing the safest experience possible for our guests and our teams. Many things will be different this season–directional traffic in our F&B locations, new lift-line configurations, social distancing guidelines, and most importantly, the requirement for all team members and guests to mask up while at the resort as it is mandatory in all public space. This includes while in the base area, lift lines, riding, and unloading chairlifts, and while indoors. Our efforts to wear masks and facial coverings consistently are a crucial factor in staying open all season. We encourage all guests to watch the "What to Expect" video to learn more about the resort experience this winter, and to address frequently asked questions.

Social distancing considerations have been at the forefront of our planning. In the early weeks of the ski season, we'll learn from experience and tweak capacity accordingly. Skiers should anticipate that many days will sell out. Pre-purchasing lift tickets helps the resort anticipate visitation and helps skiers lock in their priority to ski, therefore we highly encourage guests to pre-purchase, especially those coming from far away and booking accommodations. Ikon Pass holders are required to make reservations. Other season passholders are not required to make reservations at this time, although this may be implemented later. Limiting peak daily visits and managing social distancing is essential to sustainable operations.

We ask that our loyal guests take a quality versus quantity approach to this season and avoid the highest visitation days whenever possible. Our goal is to avoid a reservations system for our passholders, but we are prepared to do whatever it takes to stay open safely and have the best chance at a full season.

It does not come easy to limit visitation, though we know it is the responsible thing to do. It is in our culture to welcome all to Big Sky Resort. The changes and precautions we are implementing have meaningful impacts to many, and we do not take these decisions lightly. These precautions provide all of us the best opportunity to have a safe and full season through April.

With our goal to spread skiers across our expansive 5,850 acres of terrain and minimize areas of skier density, our teams thought creatively about alternate routes up the mountain. We will be offering a new bootpack route up Lone Peak, starting at the top of Dakota and heading up the skier’s right side of Liberty Bowl to the Yeti Traverse, alleviating pressure on the Tram.

Additionally, we are offering two more new ways to get up the mountain early this season: Early Access, a new lift-served, unguided First Tracks on Ramcharger 8 starting at 8 a.m., and Early Morning Uphill Access, also on Andesite Mountain. Skiers can skin uphill on Hangman’s starting at 6 a.m., turn around at the patrol outpost at the top of Andesite, and ski back down Hangman’s. Though it’s easy to spread out on our vast terrain, there's nothing like having the mountain to yourself in the morning, and we hope that folks will take advantage of these opportunities when conditions permit.

As we approach Thanksgiving, and our Opening Day, we have many things to be grateful for–including the opportunity to get outside and take some turns again. We're looking forward to another memorable season ahead.

Troy Nedved, General Manager, Big Sky Resort

Taylor Middleton, COO & President, Big Sky Resort
    Last edited by Bunion 2020; 11-26-2020 at 10:18 AM.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Hope everyone has fun at BS today. Friends convinced me to go skin a lap at BB this am. Boneyard.org up there. I'll be at BS tomorrow not early. Praxis Quixotes/Camo patagucci pants/Red Fulsus shell.

Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post
    To clarify: Uphill traffic on Hangman’s from 6am to 8am. At 8am skiers have to turn around due to first tracks groups skiing downhill. Liberty Bowl uphill traffic access from Dakota lift only.

OH and HAPPY THANKSGIVING and OPENING DAY!

Uphill from Dakota will be Liberty only?

I read that as, don't try and skin up on unregulated routes, the route up Liberty starts at the Dakota lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    And the other shoe drops:
    Yeah, knock me over with a feather.

It's getting harder to not hit the rollover button on the season passes.

I read that as, don't try and skin up on unregulated routes, the route up Liberty starts at the Dakota lift.
    Yep this. Swifty > Dakota > Uphill route

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Yeah, knock me over with a feather.

It's getting harder to not hit the rollover button on the season passes.
    Friend sent a phone shot of the lineup at the Ocho. 50% masks, looked like any other day in line to ride a lift.

Regct, good luck to you all, stay healthy.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Friend sent a phone shot of the lineup at the Ocho. 50% masks, looked like any other day in line to ride a lift.

Regct, good luck to you all, stay healthy.
    Really? 50% masks? F----kers.

Quote Originally Posted by usdatele View Post
    Big sky= so progressive.
    Got some gravy and cranberry sauce and brought my gloves to down to cookie for the long weekend. Had mad fomo from last weekend....
    Rasta chutes this afternoon did not disappoint w 4 er so of floof on apparently a solid base. Was so hard to let go after the combat skiing around bozo.

Windy over there today at all?