Page 499 of 891 FirstFirst ... 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 ... LastLast
Results 12,451 to 12,475 of 22254
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I will be there on Thanksgiving. Hopefully on some skinny Quixotes I just picked up. Mask on TIGHT.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I will be there on Thanksgiving. Hopefully on some skinny Quixotes I just picked up. Mask on TIGHT.
    Won't be there so feel free to knock the pillows off of the Mr K Chutes for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Won't be there so feel free to knock the pillows off of the Mr K Chutes for me!
    I have heard the K Cirque is neck deep in (manmade) blower.

LMS Thanksgiving sale ski selection is looking good. Let me know if you want a heads up on what's available.

See you guys on Mr. K!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    you got them, sweet!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Paging yeahman
    Your parking lot has moved. Gold Pass parking is now on the side closer to the mountain. IMHO a much better location. Ski right back to your car, short boot pack at the start of the day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0367.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	349168

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I got a double black pass this year, not a gold, but my plan is to show up at the lot entrance at 10:59 a.m. to secure one of the empty spots when they open it to the public.

Did BS take down the swifty and ramcharge cams? Guessing they don`t want public footage of COVID spreading.

No need for corporate cams, here on the TRG we have HarryCam. Which lifts do you want, Swifty & Ram8 ? Here is a live view:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0360.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	349240

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Big got their site back up and running for day pass sales. FYI.....Thur, Fri and Sat are already sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by skivtmt View Post
    Guessing they don`t want public footage of COVID spreading.
    The management team has a great COVID plan that was thoroughly tested last summer. Note the mask compliance and social distancing.

Name:  Mtn Bike Line.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  115.0 KB

Such a great summer ^

Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post
    Such a great summer ^
    What are the odds of the Bowl opening this weekend?

Such a great summer ^

Yep.

Had a pretty good weekend of shredding all things considered. Managed an ultra low tide run down the Nose - it was pretty good pow skiing actually. Definitely the lowest snow I've ever skied the ridge in. But north facing was good pow turns - nice supportable crust underneath. Anything not north facing was certain death. Ha. Made the trip to Targhee and had a great day. I was wondering how I would feel being around all those people. They did a great job though - super impressed. People were wearing masks and the lines weren't too bad. They had a guy telling everyone to stay 6 feet apart at the ticket window. It is clearly hard for people to resist the tendency to get right behind the guy in front of you. But I figured I could stay 6 feet behind the guy in front of me and felt pretty good about that. Rode about 1/2 the day as a single, and always ended up riding with one other single, each of us on either side of the quad chair. Caught two hours of pow skiing on the Sacajawea lift opener. - low tide pow skiing rules!! Then found my kid and skied until three with him. Then power hour on the dreamcatcher. That's a pretty sweet fall line right under the lift there for like 2k. Great day. 11 below in Island park. Back home now, doesn't feel like winter at all. Weather pattern not looking too promising. Oh well, maybe be a good way to keep the crowds down. I like the early season hard pack skiing before the suncrust sets in.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    What are the odds of the Bowl opening this weekend?
    Wish I knew. I don’t really have too much insider info into opening day. 4 or 5 days ago I walked down from the top of Swifty. There was an ok amount of snow in places and a not ok amount of snow in other places. It gets thin pretty quick as you descend. Terrain off of the powder seeker would definitely be a stretch, but that said nothing surprises me these days.

Wandering around the top of Andesite and the saddle between Shedhorn and that area and the rest of the mountain I am impressed at how little snow there is and how little structure it has unless it was disturbed. Cohesion-less garbage to put it nicely. There was quite a bit of snow at one time. What is open will probably be nice, Turkey day wx forecast is Meh.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Such a great summer ^
    The NY Times agrees with your assessment:https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/23/u...smid=em-share=

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    The NY Times agrees with your assessment:https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/23/u...smid=em-share=
    Ok...well, Bozeman isn’t Big Sky, the river isn’t a bike park and regardless of whatever some dick nozzle behind a desk at the NYT thinks the summer season was a huge success. I was there every day, don’t know anyone who got sick, and strangely I never got a call asking what my front line experiences were.

regardless of whatever some dick nozzle behind a desk at the NYT thinks the summer season was a huge success.
    He has lived in Helena for decades, not behind a desk in the NYT, and the article is accurate.

Although taking a pic of the M parking lot crowded is lazy-ass reporting by the photographer. Of course it's packed, covid or not.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    He has lived in Helena for decades, not behind a desk in the NYT, and the article is accurate.

Although taking a pic of the M parking lot crowded is lazy-ass reporting by the photographer. Of course it's packed, covid or not.
    Ok but the conversation has gone from a lift line in the bike park in big sky, to crowding of the rivers wherever, to the M parking being full, to real estate prices in Bozeman.

So let’s pick one to focus on.

hey if you had a good summer i believe you. probably a lot of people did out there, i hope. Just saying that isn't a city boy reporting on the Montana scene.

New york times paywall really annoys me...

How dare them want you to pay for content.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Maybe we need more articles like that one. Sw montanas busy af, keep looking.

Making the best of the low tide the last few days. Nice to get out and poke around. Heard copper city was pretty busy this weekend too. Its really just an abnormally loonngggg shoulder season. You can do it all.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Fall Line Will Set You Free