Page 498 of 892 FirstFirst ... 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 ... LastLast
Results 12,426 to 12,450 of 22285
    My point was it’s a community ski area and we are all taking risks to keep the community going right now. Let’s all play by the same rules. Not too worried about pass refunds figured that’s a sunk cost. I could be spectacularly wrong but I don’t think the ski hills are shutting down again this year.

If you are that concerned about the number of ski days you could always fill out an application, I hear that Mtn ops is hiring.

I don't know what you do but as for me, I am taking as few risks as possible, changed my habits and wear a mask.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Shredeagle View Post
    We get a 23% chance of using our season pass on the weekends. But the employees and their families get unlimited skiing and riding. That rubs me the wrong way.
    Are their families not going to have use the reservation system like everyone else?

When we were kids Mad River was the cool place to go cause Co-0p. Kinda like Bridger. But man, we always had as much fun at Jay Peak. I'm stoked to ski Big Sky this year and find some new shit. And I'll keep the Bridger passes too hoping I can actually get up there at least one day on the weekends.
    Mad River is the only other mountain I've ever had a pass at whose culture felt exactly like Bridger Bowl's.
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Smile

That's what I'd heard. Maybe I'm wrong-I've been known to misunderstand things - ha. I'm mostly just pissed about maybe missing skiing this year. In the big picture, I've agreed with every pretty much everything they've done for 25 years. Why get mad now - especially in the worst business environment of our lifetimes. I should just be happy with whatever I get - it's a tough year. Bunion, I've minimized the shit out of my risk, but you can only do so much when you have kids in school and are married to a public school employee.

Let's see if I can figure out some stoke to get us back on track - the little fella hanging ten on the corner of space and time at Lost Trail. I hope I don't screw this up - Og is gonna be all over me!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Charlie ski.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	348902

Let's see if I can figure out some stoke to get us back on track - the little fella hanging ten on the corner of space and time at Lost Trail. I hope I don't screw this up - Og is gonna be all over me!!!
    Awesome shot!

Hey Bunion, are you skiing Bridger this year?
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Hope you're investing in some P-tex this year too shredeagle, haha. Big Sky rules. I know it's not practical for everyone but having both passes is always the move imo. Gonna be a fun season no matter what. Always is

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I have both passes with VERY low expectations. At best we get some magical days skinning from the top of Dakota on a weekday with 10 other people and refills every lap.

At worst I skin a handful of days, have two basically unused passes, lose a few bucks and ride the shit out of my bike trainer.

Both are better options than what 99% of the rest of the world gets. I'll be happy either way.

Is the skin track 100% confirmed? I’ve just heard the boot pack was. Would be awesome, that wouldn’t be the most fun booter but a pretty easy skin.

Hope they don't have an rfid gate at the start of the skin track, lol

Last edited by 0g; 11-20-2020 at 12:48 PM.

Now I'm getting all fired up. Just bought a Targhee ticket for tomorrow. Planning to ski or ride with zero caution.

Here's a photo from top of Ridge at sunrise day before Thanksgiving a few years back. 6 inches SWE that November. Did the z chute in like 8 turns that morning. Stoked out of my mind. Then we had total melt down and they called off the early opening.

Name:	Bridger Sun.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	366.3 KB 
ID:	348950

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I would like to point out that the only reason BB will be able to open is with the help of the employees and their families.

Looking on the bright side, when Big Sky pulls the plug they will probably give a 100 dollar credit on next years season pass.
    They probably understand that if they want their employees to actually work at 9:00 am, instead of all on their phones trying to get a reservation to ski on their day off (if they even have coverage wherever they are on the mountain) they needed to guarantee 2-3 days of skiing per week for employees (remember most employees are not skiing on the clock very much).

Lots of unanswered questions about the BB reservation system. Everyone should just cancel their pass

One more from the epic November - can't get it to rotate though. Close call in low tide perfect pow. Y'all are probably right on the employee thing, sometimes you gotta say things out loud to realize you are an idiot

Name:	November.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	348956

Out of all the shit that currently annoys/pisses me off BB employee and their families ski days are not even on the list.

Shortbus is gonna get more days than everybody anyways. No need to stress it

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    At worst I skin a handful of days, have two basically unused passes, lose a few bucks and ride the shit out of my bike trainer.

Both are better options than what 99% of the rest of the world gets. I'll be happy either way.
    Truth, this is pretty much where I’m at.

BB is a bit outside my radius for a day trip but hope to hook up with some of you guys at the really big at some point this season as long as resort skiing doesn’t implode.

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    Hey Bunion, are you skiing Bridger this year?
    I weighed the options and bought a flex-5 at the really Sky. Then my regular skiing buddy talked me into upping to a blue pass.

I don't plan to experience the BS WROD that Thursday is promising and will see how things develop. Current reports are that bookings are strong for the holidays and the airlines report similar activity.

I have until 12/10 to defer and I am more than a bit pessimistic that we will have a full season given the exponential rate of spread here and everywhere else. I don't see the appetite for another lock down but could see where activities like skiing at a resort may be declared non-essential.

Why get mad now - especially in the worst business environment of our lifetimes. I should just be happy with whatever I get - it's a tough year. Bunion, I've minimized the shit out of my risk, but you can only do so much when you have kids in school and are married to a public school employee.
    Just bustin your balls a little, I get it, especially having kids and married to the school system. Best of luck and if we have a season and you want to connect I know the places where core shots are guaranteed.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I'm down for all-year guaranteed skiing for both Bridger employees and anyone working in Bozeman schools. Where do I sign up to support that idea?
    Last edited by kathleenturneroverdrive; 11-20-2020 at 03:06 PM.

Name:	IMG_0344.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	904.3 KB 
ID:	348988

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I don't plan to experience the BS WROD that Thursday is promising and will see how things develop.
    It could be a really big super spreader event!

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Name:	IMG_0350.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	781.9 KB 
ID:	349003
    Race training today on Ambush.

Name:	IMG_0345.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	349004
    Employee bus to Bozeman. Note who sponsored the bus...

Name:	IMG_0346.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	349007

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

^^That last pic is kind of cool. The mountain in the background, the reflection in the glass, and the graphic on the bus all juxtaposed...okay maybe I shouldn't have dropped acid this afternoon.

I'll be at Big Sky for post-Thanksgiving super spreader activities with the fam. Hope to see some of you there.

Great Divide open again this weekend for pass holders plus 100 day tickets, sold in advance. Last weekend they sold out fast. They never said anything about limiting numbers, but this is the second weekend in a row with limited ticket sales so who knows. They probably want to show the county health dept. that they are not going to be part of the problem. Tickets go on sale at 5 pm today. Still just one run open (and some terrain park stuff).