Page 467 of 890 FirstFirst ... 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 ... LastLast
Results 11,651 to 11,675 of 22245
    That is a stiff and tricky climb under the best of conditions, if you were cleaning most everything you are riding well.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    That is a stiff and tricky climb under the best of conditions, if you were cleaning most everything you are riding well.
    It was probably closer to mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgge View Post
    Someone with access to the BB webcams is posting occasional shots here:
    https://imgur.com/a/1iAfyDo
    Thanks. Rumor was wrong.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Yeah Chestnut climb is very hard. Especially since it's tough right from the parking lot. No warmup unless you do the ass backwards goose nut route.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

There was a bear attack this morning near the Yellow Mule trail over near the Yellowstone Club. Sow and two cubs were protecting a carcass taken by an archer when the man was attacked.

Love is in the air as I saw a bull and cow moose cavorting while hiking this morning.

Be careful out there.

Shit is getting me legitimately worried for archery season. IDK, last season I never really thought about it much. Now I am kinda spooked.

Man, 2020 has sucked.

Its one thing being able to get close enough to take a cow in Bear country, quite another to keep it.

If I could not pack all the meat out before dark I would think long and hard before going in the next day. Maybe best to just leave what you can't pack out. The again leaving a carcass near a trail would be a dirty trick.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I still have a ton of meat from last years cow. Being a single dude and all. I would still quarter and hang anything I can't get to and bring back 3 friends the next day and make a bunch of noise. I'll get out some for archery no doubt, but will feel a little better when it gets cold. Still got the bike bug going strong right now and another race in October, so hunting isn't super high on the priority list right now.

Its one thing being able to get close enough to take a cow in Bear country, quite another to keep it.

If I could not pack all the meat out before dark I would think long and hard before going in the next day. Maybe best to just leave what you can't pack out..
    uh, you can't do that.

most important thing is getting some distsance between the kill site/carcass and the boned meat.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    uh, you can't do that.

most important thing is getting some distsance between the kill site/carcass and the boned meat.
    I think what you mean is you are not suppose to do that.

I agree with all of what you and WRG say but a dead bear is the end result when they get between a carcass and a hunter.

Be interesting to hear how this came about.

A sow and cubs that stumble on a stash of fresh meat in the fall are going to need a lot of dissuading to get them off a kill.

absolutely. im typing with only the left hand so clarity is more difficult than usual.

in that case its important to get the fish cops involved, the hunter might get a fresh tag for the hassle.

A sow and cubs that stumble on a stash of fresh meat in the fall are going to need a lot of dissuading to get them off a kill.
    Based on a couple of grizzly rodeos while hunting, boars don't give up on carcasses easily either. Good to have a plan to get distance between the hung quarters and the carcass and gut pile before taking an animal.

That IS key. Too many folks don't think about anything except if its brown, its going down.

My experience is if you leave them the carcass and gut pile they are satisfied bears.

Pack all meat immediately from the carcass a couple hundred yards and hang in a tree or cover with green limbs. Do no leave what you cannot pack out the first trip, smh, that’s called Wanton waste and carries a steep fine, rightly so. I wish the lower 48 had the same retrieval rules as AK, meat first then horns.
    Never had an issue with bears doing the above and have hunted most of my life in heavily bear populated areas around the Park.

You guys getting this snow yet?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Saw that BBowl posted snow pics on FB. Took this today at Mac Pass. Wish this system would hang around for a week to put that fire out..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200907_191745.jpeg 
Views:	82 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	339267

Jumping in on the bear chat: My girlfriend and I were in your area the past two weeks enjoying the fishing and mountains. On the morning of the 26th we were packing up the truck at Spire Rock by Storm Castle. She was in the bed of the truck (I was packing the tent around some brush about 30 ft away) when she heard a rustle, then a click click on the truck body, looked up and a cinnamon bear was standing by the wheel well, with it's head into the bed. She shouted and it backed off, I came running around and we continued to shout before it ran off. Both had bear spray and though we never felt "threatened" we regret not using it (had the safety tab off though). Definitely seemed like the bear knew to come in looking food, so it might not be long for this world. Hindsight We hadn't had any food at camp for our 2 night stay (usually ate on the river when fishing away from camp). There was probably some smell in the cab, but everything in there was sealed up. Anyhow, it was exciting but a bummer too.

How hard did it rain/snow down lower in Helena? Will it be ridable today on Ascension? 4 days off the bike on the east coast and I am jonesing hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    How hard did it rain/snow down lower in Helena? Will it be ridable today on Ascension? 4 days off the bike on the east coast and I am jonesing hard.
    We got .15 inch of rain in town. Snowline looks to be higher than Mt. Ascension. Probably ridable given how dry it's been up till yesterday, but having not been over there I can't say for sure.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4015.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	339327

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    We got .15 inch of rain in town. Snowline looks to be higher than Mt. Ascension. Probably ridable given how dry it's been up till yesterday, but having not been over there I can't say for sure.
    Nice thanks. May just go do a loop at Copper City and do real riding later in the week when it warms up.

Ahhhh, glad the Harry-Cam is in full force!!! Looking good from the Mayor's office.

That is damn good to see.

Very nice, Harry.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app