Page 27 of 891 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Big Sky is gonna have to blow a shitton of snow to get open on November 22. Worked up there in short sleeves this weekend. Peak is white but not at all skiable on natural snow obviously. Looks pretty but can't be much more than a couple inches most places. Some decent whales sitting on the ground melting/compacting in the base area and going up Mr. K and nothing so far on Andesite.

Quote Originally Posted by OverTurn View Post
    Big Sky is gonna have to blow a shitton of snow to get open on November 22. Worked up there in short sleeves this weekend. Peak is white but not at all skiable on natural snow obviously. Looks pretty but can't be much more than a couple inches most places. Some decent whales sitting on the ground melting/compacting in the base area and going up Mr. K and nothing so far on Andesite.
    That's the elephant in the room right now. That early cold snap and snow we had was just a tease and this warm weather last is no bueno. I did hear that Bridger got some decent snow up top, but down below it's all dirt.

Think snow...

local new is reporting "possible" "major" "snowstorm" for thursday, friday. quotes negates the jinx right...

TR- ordering pizza from tone capone sat nite

jumbo half cheese half pep, 2 orders breadsticks w marinara
    6kids'n me w th gnar hunger(oldest hada sleepover goin...)
    tone took call and delivered personally
    above and beyond you slay3d it brah
    thanks mang!

ready for the winterweather return this wknd, timely openings, and decent snowpack..... cheers bitches

Hey anytime man, I love my job. So grateful to have that going on in such a sweet town with so many awesome people, it's a priveledge to me. Be sure to let me know if anything is ever not right.

I am pumped to go biking tomorrow on another beautiful Novemer day, and maybe making a few turns asap.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

the weather man says that "possible" storm is going to be "possibly" big time. Can I vote for that storm instead of the 2 clowns who are running for president?

Cooke was pretty damn fun over the weekend.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01451.JPG 
Views:	242 
Size:	443.9 KB 
ID:	124872

Quote Originally Posted by baseWeldr View Post

ready for the winterweather return this wknd, timely openings, and decent snowpack..... cheers bitches
    You said it. Bring it on Ullr!
    Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    Hey anytime man, I love my job. So grateful to have that going on in such a sweet town with so many awesome people, it's a priveledge to me. Be sure to let me know if anything is ever not right.

I am pumped to go biking tomorrow on another beautiful Novemer day, and maybe making a few turns asap.
    Tone, what's your joint? I'm a whore for pizza ...
    Quote Originally Posted by CheezDick View Post
    the weather man says that "possible" storm is going to be "possibly" big time. Can I vote for that storm instead of the 2 clowns who are running for president?

Cooke was pretty damn fun over the weekend.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01451.JPG 
Views:	242 
Size:	443.9 KB 
ID:	124872
    Mmmm ... some new stoke. Nice. And yes, vote SNOW and we all win. Perhaps I'll write it in on my ballot today.

Looks like Moonlight Basin is on the Subaru FWT again this year. Congrats to all Moonlight peeps who put this together. Last year was great, looking forward to it again (as a spectator, beaters like me watch in awe...)

http://www.freeskiingworldtour.com/2...ies-announced/
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

jumbo half cheese half pep, 2 orders breadsticks w marinara
    6kids'n me w th gnar hunger(oldest hada sleepover goin...)
    tone took call and delivered personally
    above and beyond you slay3d it brah
    thanks mang!

pics, or it didn't happen

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Looks like Moonlight Basin is on the Subaru FWT again this year. Congrats to all Moonlight peeps who put this together. Last year was great, looking forward to it again (as a spectator, beaters like me watch in awe...)

http://www.freeskiingworldtour.com/2...ies-announced/
    righteous!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

The NWS has lowered the snow totals for the incoming storm; 4-8 in the valleys and 6-18 in the mountains. Not the 2 feet expected, but I'll take it.

I'm stoked.

SNOWMAGEDDON OF (mostly) EPIC PROPORTIONS IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on that note im getting my bike shorts on rightfuckingnow

Issued by The National Weather Service
    Great Falls, MT
    Wed, Nov 7, 2012, 1:23 PM MST
    ... WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 5 AM MST SATURDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GREAT FALLS HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 5 AM MST SATURDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* TIMING: SNOW WILL DEVELOP OVER THE MOUNTAINS OF SOUTHWEST MONTANA TONIGHT. THE SNOW WILL GRADUALLY MOVE INTO THE VALLEY LOCATIONS AFTER MIDNIGHT.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 4 TO 8 INCHES ARE EXPECTED AT LOWER ELEVATIONS... WITH 8 TO 16 INCHES EXPECTED IN THE MOUNTAINS.

* WINDS: EXPECT WINDS OF 10 TO 20 MPH... WITH GUSTS TO 30 MPH. THESE WINDS COULD RESULT IN AREAS OF BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW... ESPECIALLY IN OPEN AREAS AND THROUGH MOUNTAIN PASSES.

* VISIBILITY: VISIBILITIES OF LESS THAN ONE HALF MILE IN AREAS OF HEAVY SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW.

* OTHER IMPACTS: EXPECT ROADWAYS TO BECOME SNOW COVERED AND SLIPPERY BY THE MORNING RUSH HOUR ON THURSDAY. THOSE SPENDING TIME OUTDOORS NEED TO BE PREPARED FOR RAPIDLY CHANGING AND WINTER CONDITIONS.

* LOCATIONS AFFECTED INCLUDE: BATTLE RIDGE PASS... BOZEMAN... BOZEMAN PASS... TARGHEE PASS... WEST YELLOWSTONE... BOULDER... BOULDER HILL... ELK PARK PASS... HOMESTAKE PASS... WHITEHALL... TOWNSEND... BIG HOLE PASS... CHIEF JOSEPH PASS... DILLON... MONIDA PASS... ENNIS... NORRIS HILL... RAYNOLDS PASS... TWIN BRIDGES.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST... KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT... FOOD... AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.

FOR SPECIFIC ROAD AND TRAVEL CONDITIONS IN MONTANA... DIAL 5 1 1.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

its definitely NOT gonna snow a bunch...........

Is cooke city skiable right now?

Quote Originally Posted by ODHGABFE View Post
    Well that was a fun trip! How are we so lucky to be here? Gonna take some time sorting through all these photos..

I'll be in Gardiner for a week+ doing a WFR beginning of November, anyone have any beta on where to tour? Definitely going skiing on the down day.
    Definitely going to want to head to Cooke City and look for a snowmobile tow up to Lulu Pass. I think Jardine will be pretty thin on the snowpack for November, but you could try up there. I doubt the road will be open to public travel from the middle part of Nov on, but if it's open you could try Dunraven pass. Cooke City is definitely the best option, though.

Quote Originally Posted by nateski View Post
    its definitely NOT gonna snow a bunch...........
    You accusing me of jinxing it ?

How about this: The Weather Channel is now naming winter storms (and being ridiculed by the NWS for it as a marketing gimmick), and they are calling it "WINTER STORM BRUTUS"

Link: http://www.examiner.com/article/weat...-mocks-network

I put Brutus in quotes as a jinx-cloaking device...

Don't know what it's like for you guys down around Bozeman/Big Sky, but it's getting absolutely nuclear up here by the town of Lewis.

Peep this!

11.8 golf

got the swansong 25 holes of discgolf at bohart today...
    (i poured the lower 18 teepads so got an "in" with owner whos an old friend) also played the 7 on upper below the gate (1-5, 17,18)
    a novelty for sure but mild temps really and maybe 2-3"layin around, wind was nothing once in the trees, midwestern DG peeps regularly play thru much worse winter conditions, not cold at all and oboz kicks performed well-dry feet allday, the freshie factor made finding discs not2bad, none lost...
    as we finished 230ish the skinny skier operation manager guy was dashing out to herringbone/skate away in the new stuff, seemless summer/winter transition imho, they gotit til spring prob i will be at bridger...
    cya's on a chairlift soon...

early freq week @ bigsky rollcall...?

Crazy that the last two days I was riding in the west bridgers in shorts and T-shirt. Hopefully that east wind shuts down and we can get some decent SWE on the ground.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Missoula is getting some heavy snow! Not much accumulation yet...

24" on the ground helena....... holy fuck, and another foot to come!!!!!!!!!

^g'damn. great divide open?

2012-11-09 0700 19.0" up at brackett as of 2 hours ago. anybody confirm or deny?
    long live the jahrator

Quote Originally Posted by totaliboard View Post
    ^g'damn. great divide open?

2012-11-09 0700 19.0" up at brackett as of 2 hours ago. anybody confirm or deny?
    not yet......... i think there spinning the lifts sunday....... www.skigd.com check for updates...... It's on!!

and 24" is maybe , more like 19" but its still noooookkkkkkkkiiiiiinnnnnn woot woot!!

early freq week @ bigsky rollcall...?
    I'll be there for at least one mid week day, possibly more if we get some snow then. Let's get some turns in. I have a few new pair of sticks I'd like to not destroy like I did to my Bibbys last year.

anti-jinx successful. thank you brutus.
    time for some xc.
    this guy will be skiing freq week fo sho
    "he doesn't know to behold what the cold frost can do..."