Page 228 of 891 FirstFirst ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... LastLast
Results 5,676 to 5,700 of 22256
    Good info NB. I heard third week of December and my mind jumped to holiday week. Decembers weird this year, flows through six "weeks" on the calendar.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1539371309.409996.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	586.2 KB 
ID:	250656
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Awesome!

I didn't know him but was sad reading this:

BIG SKY- The body of the 29-year old man from Big Sky recovered Wednesday from the Gallatin River in Yellowstone National Park has been identified as Dane M. Offutt.
    The cause of Offutt’s death is still under investigation.
    On Saturday, authorities responded to a call of an abandoned vehicle on U.S. Highway 191 in Yellowstone Park.

This was a pleasant surprise to watch pile up all morning.

Name:	4db75cb7-ec27-4f59-8d48-ef3553922c70.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	315.8 KB 
ID:	250826

Thanks.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1539544808.400936.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	602.2 KB 
ID:	250972

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Boing.

Camped out near racetrack. Woke up to 4+. Made getting out fun in the runner. Didn't have to pull cable though. Shit I need to buy my bb pass today. Last season over here and then calling disco home. If any mags wanna hit some runs or sidecountry I'm always happy to have a partner. Unfortunately usually hitting fri-sun and hiking or skinning.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181012_205609.jpeg 
Views:	107 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	250989

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Camped out near racetrack. Woke up to 4+. Made getting out fun in the runner. Didn't have to pull cable though. Shit I need to buy my bb pass today. Last season over here and then calling disco home. If any mags wanna hit some runs or sidecountry I'm always happy to have a partner. Unfortunately usually hitting fri-sun and hiking or skinning.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181012_205609.jpeg 
Views:	107 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	250989

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    I bought my BB pass today. They're pretty adamant about the "no funny faces" in the pass photo... between that and the total ban on uphill travel, is BB where fun goes to die or does it just wait in long lines?

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    I bought my BB pass today. They're pretty adamant about the "no funny faces" in the pass photo... between that and the total ban on uphill travel, is BB where fun goes to die or does it just wait in long lines?
    You can travel uphill as much as you like until we open. After that you are more than welcome to travel uphill just outside the boundaries until 9:00 then, game on, pretty much like most ski areas on a USFS lease. There is usually a pretty easy to locate skin track along the north boundary if you feel the need to get after it before 9:00.

Sorry if we seem to be buzz killz, I didn't really get it until my 1st year when we showed up before opening to do a/c (2 days before) and it had snowed 20" and there were people all over the fucking place.

We went up, had a look around and then called it a day and went home. This was after watching a big avalanche come down from the Lost Shot area and wondering if there was anyone caught, it was pretty clear that our locals knew what they were doing and no mitigation was needed.

You seem like you might fit in better down in Big Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    You can travel uphill as much as you like until we open. After that you are more than welcome to travel uphill just outside the boundaries. There is usually a pretty easy to locate skin track along the north boundary.

Sorry if we seem to be buzz killz, I didn't really get it until my 1st year when we showed up before opening to do a/c (2 days before) and it had snowed 20" and there were people all over the fucking place.

We went up, had a look around and then called it a day and went home. This was after watching a big avalanche come down from the Lost Shot area and wondering if there was anyone caught, it was pretty clear that our locals knew what they were doing and no mitigation was needed.
    Are you a patroller there? I totally get the policy from the perspective of attempting to minimize the number of idiots doing idiot things inbounds. I feel a pang of guilt for having already digested so much of the BB hate that's present in town. Nowhere is ever as bad as the jaded locals would have you believe.

If we cross paths at some point, I'll buy you a beer. It wouldn't hurt me to know people outside of the ones I work with.

Ha. Completely unrelated that reminded me of days gearing up in A lot to skin slushmans
    . Because you know I never ducked ropes in or out...

And yeah bridger is super harsh about rules....I hear whitefish is nice.

Edit. If you're hearing jaded locals talking shit about bridger I dont want to know where you hang out. RIP dry fly.

Heh. I've mostly heard people whine about crowds and how Big Sky is never crowded, blah blah blah. Pretty clear I'm hanging out in the wrong places...

I skied Killington last season and Bogus for a few years before that - it's doubtful that I'll be in the bitching-about-Bridger camp.

I think Bridger is dope, never skied Big Sky. Both factored into my decision to move up here from the Hole. Plan to be cruising around this winter and wouldn’t mind sharing a lift with any of you.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    Are you a patroller there? I totally get the policy from the perspective of attempting to minimize the number of idiots doing idiot things inbounds. I feel a pang of guilt for having already digested so much of the BB hate that's present in town. Nowhere is ever as bad as the jaded locals would have you believe.
    I am very part time, in my mind I am allowed a space to patrol based upon my checkered but interesting past. And yeah, sounds like you have fallen in with the bad crowd your parents may have warned you about.

Like every other ski scene some folks think they become cool the minute they are local enough to bitch about the ski area and all the new people moving to their stash, even though they moved here a scant 5-10 years ago when it was already ruint(sic). I moved here 25 years ago, maybe one day I will be a local but I doubt it.

If we cross paths at some point, I'll buy you a beer. It wouldn't hurt me to know people outside of the ones I work with.
    Always good to expand your circle. Get in touch once the lifts start to spin. And BTW, I am just busting your balls a little. Welcome to Montana.

I am very part time, in my mind I am allowed a space to patrol based upon my checkered but interesting past. And yeah, sounds like you have fallen in with the bad crowd your parents may have warned you about.

Like every other ski scene some folks think they become cool the minute they are local enough to bitch about the ski area and all the new people moving to their stash, even though they moved here a scant 5-10 years ago when it was already ruint(sic). I moved here 25 years ago, maybe one day I will be a local but I doubt it.

Always good to expand your circle. Get in touch once the lifts start to spin. And BTW, I am just busting your balls a little. Welcome to Montana.
    It is funny though that most people I hear bitching about Bridger are relative newcomers.

Bridger's management is awesome and the patrol is fantastic. It is still a local hill operated as a nonprofit for the people and it shows. Most people are there for the great snow and local feel of the place.

That said, it is crowded, there are long lift lines on deep days, and the drive up can be slow and full of traffic if there was a big dump and the road is snowy or icy. And there aren't any high speed quads. If you don't hike or ski Sclashmans the terrain can feel limited.

Name:	Image1539628261.119880.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	394.7 KB 
ID:	251104

Name:	Image1539630033.805068.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	523.7 KB 
ID:	251105

Name:	Image1539630079.023186.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	625.3 KB 
ID:	251106

Bridgers are sure looking nice with those fall colors and snow. Interested to see what happens with the temps up high between now and late November.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

jong question: is there a pass that covers BB and BS?
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    No. Separate passes.

That would be akin to crossing the streams

Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    If you ski Bridger for long enough, Big Sky will give you free tickets and put a photo of you on the back of their new lift. Name:  Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 4.49.33 PM.png
Views: 485
Size:  271.3 KB (not me)

That photo was taken on the Challenger Lift at Big Sky. Those are The Pinnacles.

Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    I know- the skier is a Bridger guy.

That would be akin to crossing the streams

or swords....

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    No. Separate passes.
    copy
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....