Page 147 of 892 FirstFirst ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 22285
    Make it 5

Six

Nice day for a lazy walk. Only like 50 people out the north gate at Bridger doing avy courses, did run into an instructor I hadn't seen in a while and another friend of a friend. Was gonna check out hourglass but bailed after getting info from friend who was in the playground recently and just generally variable snow conditions(at least stable though). Ended up ducking back towards apron and found everything from pow to breakable crust to hard pack. Could use a little refresher soon.

Good snow up high today

Oh nice!

Hey montana! I get three! free days at bridger through the powder alliance, yes! i,m thinking about coming down there late feb early march. Would prob stop at whitefish a day. So just saying hi and once i figure it out it would be cool to connect for some turns. Also looking for cheap accoms if you have any suggestions. Might just be me, hopefully with a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Me three.

What were we thinking? Must've been after either money or pussy.
    Well, it certainly wasnt money...
    "he doesn't know to behold what the cold frost can do..."

Mrs. aBradAbroad and I are spending a couple weeks in Feb in Bozeman with my 7 mo old son. Usually go to Jackson, alta or Silverton but thought we'd try SW MT. I bought the BC Bozeman book and will knock out some of that, but am always up for a swim buddy for resort laps, BC or even occasional ice climb when wifey stays home.

Have level 1, but being in Texas now I don't practice much outside of trips. I buy beers. Holler if up for a meetup or even just with some beta.

Good to see it shaping up nicely...everywhere else! I'll have to make it down to cooke one day soon at least. I love skiing Bridger down to the nubs, all the type two fun amidst the hardpack and sharks has been stimulating for sure, but don't know how much more of that is a good idea, ha! I have been giving it my best but how much p tex and flesh is sacrifice enough!? I have to err on the side of patience today, better times ahead.

From a day pre-season with nest.

Picking off a few fun lines on the glorious, empty sunny day after the culmination of our massive 8 inch storm cycle was a highlight for sure.

By all means, if you are young and pliable, keep shredding the chalk 'till you can't walk, further martyrdom is apparently required.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by sparkletarte. View Post
    Oh nice!

Hey montana! I get three! free days at bridger through the powder alliance, yes! i,m thinking about coming down there late feb early march. Would prob stop at whitefish a day. So just saying hi and once i figure it out it would be cool to connect for some turns. Also looking for cheap accoms if you have any suggestions. Might just be me, hopefully with a friend.
    http://www.lewisandclarkmotelbozeman.com/
    I stay here a few times. nice, affordable, walking to town. Prices include Bfast and sometimes afternoon snacks.

Emigrant needs more snow

Awesome conditions today for walk on tram laps. Did 5 in 2 hours before my legs pointed me toward the cruisers.

As I was driving up the canyon this morning I saw a snowboard fly off somebody's rack at about mile marker 67 or 68. It came to rest on the east side of the highway. So if you know who lost it let them know.

Worth buying a ticket? I'm pretty skiing starved at the moment as a BB passholder, although I haven't put in a ton of effort in the last 10 days or so.

Nice snow report to wake up to

Yeah looks like today is a pow day at Bridger. Catfish hopefully you won't need to buy any BS tix after all. $$$$$$

One inch on the Big Sky snow stake but we all know how that can make for deeper turns on the peak. Should be nice and empty again too. Time to get my shit on and head up there. Hope everybody has a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Nice snow report to wake up to
    Dust on crust.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Awesome conditions today for walk on tram laps. Did 5 in 2 hours before my legs pointed me toward the cruisers.

a beautiful site when the snow is good....get to come back to bs in a couple weeks and the extended forecast is looking promising

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1485476471.757361.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	725.9 KB 
ID:	198400
    It didn't suck today!
    Originally Posted by eshed
    Here's a story from a buddy of mine: He was skiing somewhere on the EC (I forget where) and saw a Texan and his son standing at the top of the halfpipe.

Dad (to son): "Why don't you go on down in that stunt ditch and do something special?"

Mountain goat hanging out near the top of Marx today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170126_115554.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	198401

^That's fuckin awesome!

^x2

Did not buy a BS ticket. Did a big north tour, revolving door, wolverine, bradleys etc. Renewed my faith in good ol Bridger Bowl.
    Last edited by Catfish; 01-26-2017 at 08:33 PM. Reason: teh grammars

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    ^x2

Did not buy a BS ticket. Did a big north tour, revolving door, wolverine, bradleys etc. Renewed my faith in good ol Bridger Bowl.
    Headed that way in the morning.

Aaaaand all the snow blew away.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Aaaaand all the snow blew away.
    Yup. Pretty much drove up to drink a beer. And no snow and warm temps forecasted..... time for a roadtrip (even if it's just to Cooke and not utah)

Two trips to UT this month alone chasing the lotus

Don't despair, time to come down off the ledge and put down the bottle. My magic crystal snow globe is saying interesting times are near at hand.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra